FAQ BPT SWAP

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
natural born honda killer

FAQ BPT SWAP

Post by natural born honda killer »

this is for jeff a. <P>this is all from corksport.prices are subject to change though<P>bpt 990.00<P>DOHC 5sp tranny, flywheel, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, motor mounts. 666.00<P>rx-7 2nd gen fuel pump<BR>get it from your local autozone 117.00<P>ecu reprogramming 279.00<P>turbo xs type h bov 150.00<P>a/f and boost gauge 90.00 for both<P>the install will be about 1100-1200<P>shipping 200.00<P>protege tps plug <P>be prepared to take a lot of time tryin to find a shop to put it in. thats about the hardest.<P>hopefully ill have more notes about the install itself as i am picking it up in a few days and can ask them what the problem spots are. i do know that the hub tends to seize up on one of the sides so be prepared to work with that. its a pain<P>thats all i know of for right know<P>jeremy
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Re: FAQ BPT SWAP

Post by Shady469 »

what cars tranny are you talking about(same year as your car pro lx?) and why change over the tps plug? is it 3 or 4 wires? and for the ecu can i get away with an apexi s-afc and a dohc pro lx ecu?<BR>ive got a SOHC so things are a little dif. i think.<BR>thanx in advance.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

the tranny is out of a 90-94 DOHC 5sp. i have to switch the tps plug cause i have the 4 wire but the plugs arent the same size. one is bigger than the othe but not by much. well the ecu im using is the mx-3 one that i originally had but i had it reprogrammed with the bpt engines fuel maps and etc... they have the reprogrammed ones at corksport for like 279.00 kinda pricey but considering you will be running like the car should stock i figured its a better place to start at. as for the s-afc im not sure if it will work since mine was the dohc and people have had problems with the install on that type of mx. so i did the reprogramming and when someone figures it out if i havent gotten a stand alone (dont know which one yet though) then ill get that and put it in.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

90-94 DOHC MX-3? or Protege? and is it possible to switch the throttle bodies to make it a 3 wire instead of the 4 wire? like, say, puttin a 3 wire TB from an older protege on to be compatable w/ my sensor?<BR>cuz i dont know how you go about changing a 3 wire tps to a 4 wire.<BR>thanx for the reply<BR>oh yeah and lemme know about the torque steer when u get it drivable.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold

its out of a protege. sorry i forgot what i was talking about when i said that :). you can but i chose to keep the bpt throttle body and the shop got my tps plug to work but he said that it didnt just plug right up but it did fit.and it works. well the throttle body and tps plug thing im not to sure of so i would recommend calling derrick cause he told me i had the four wire tps and that makes it a lot easier. so a three wire i have no idea what you need to do. no prob i definately will give you some feedback when i drive it.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

thanks for replying so fast to my questions. i'm probly bein a pain but, with a swap like this I wanna make sure details arent left out(im sure u know what i mean). and thanx again for answering my questions.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”