Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Re: "if you want 180hp, get the 1.8 bpt 4cyl"

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keymaker:<BR><STRONG>Say whaaaat?<P>They got a 4 cycl 180hp motor?<P>Holy lord, Where do I sign up<P>HAHAHHAHAHA</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>remember that its 180 crank....not whp
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

on average it's around a 20% loss so you'd be looking at around 150 to the wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the 1.8t 4cyl is from a j-spec 90-94 mazda 323 gtx or gtr.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

Post by Guest »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keymaker:<BR><STRONG>Say whaaaat?<P>They got a 4 cycl 180hp motor?<P>Holy lord, Where do I sign up<P>HAHAHHAHAHA</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Well, at the Toyota dealer for a Celica GTS, the Nissan dealer for a spec-v SE-R, VW for a 1.8T, the acura shop for an RSX (200 hp GASP!) or a type-R (195hp). Just a few choices, and if you get itno motor swaps, don't forget the sr20det, ca18det, b18c5, or the ever elusive CR-Vtec swap (225hp :eek: )!<P>everything ownz Joo!<BR> <BR>(oYo)<BR> <P>[ December 16, 2001: Message edited by: That guy ]<p>[ December 16, 2001: Message edited by: That guy ]
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

wow....hmm, of course a B18C5 might have 200hp, but its slow as hell because of the fact that it has no Torque.<P>ill take the BPT over the B18C5 [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>wow....hmm, of course a B18C5 might have 200hp, but its slow as hell because of the fact that it has no Torque.<P>ill take the BPT over the B18C5 [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ok then, SR20DET will ownzJoo. 205hp 203tq in the red top, 220hp and 210tq in the black top.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

ok, what about the 1.8 bpt from the gtr? it's sitting at 210hp. and i have to say that holds up pretty good since it's a 1.8 and sr20 is 2.0.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

I've talked for over 2 hours on the phone a fews weeks ago to a J-F, probably the first one to do a BPT swap in quebec, its actually very, very simple..what you need is <P>#1 engine of course<P>#2 intercooler from a GTX or a supra turbo(direct fit)<P>#3 relief valve from a supra turbo(exactly the same thing)<P>#4 tubing <P>#5 modified - shortened passenger side driveshafft by about .5 inch...<P><BR>That is IT, the computer from the B6 will work perfectly on the BPT, the only thing it doesn't have is the knock sensor is not activated with the B6 computer....The BPT fits directly without ANY modifications what so ever in the mx3's compartment, it will tie up just fine to the B6 tranny...it comes in as easily as the other engine came out!<P>i am supposed to visit J-F but i haven't had the time to do so...apparently the integra's and preludes are simply not fun anymore...and i have to mention, the engine is "stock"....according to him, it would be something aquivilent to a 5L stock mustang and i have no trouble believing him....after all it is a turbo engine!<P>I am working towards the swap this winter, once i get the money i will try to find an engine thats in good shape...thats the problem in quebec! :(....if anyone knows about places in quebec were they often have these....just e-mail me : jm.basque@videotron.ca<P>i know about engineland but sometimes, engines there are broken or have something wrong with them....<P><BR>The BPT is one hell of an engine and it should bring stock a 1/4 mile time of about 14.5 which is pretty impresive!<P>The GTR engine in the jap 323 GTR makes for 1/4 times on the Gtech of 13.8 STOCK and it is said that the GTX engine - BPT is een faster than the GTR stock because the GTX engine makes better use of the limited air it has....you also have to consider the GTR was brought on the market in a limited amount so that the 323 could participate in world rally!...so stock, the BPT - GTX (185hp) is said to be faster than the BPT - GTR....once modified however it is a whole other story....<P>on my part the BPT-GTX should content me as i think drivability is important in my car....200 tubocharged HP should be more than enough!
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i thought you needed new axle(s) for a BPT...<BR>what about a new clutch and a new tranny. if ppl have trouble using a B6T on a mx-3 tranny, i highly doubt you can use a mx-3 tranny on a BPT. trannies are pretty expensive too. the BPT swap can't be THAT simple.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

Well to answer your question....YES..it is that simple, I talked to someone who's done it and its THAT simple!....He explained to me what it took and how to do it, and the BPT goes in the same way the B6 came out!....of course you have less space on each side but nothing touches the chassis, there's a good space between the chassis and the engine, there's even more space at the back of the engine to work behind it but of course less in the front!....<P>Talking to him really made me decide to do it, i was wondering if someone had done it before as i only had heard of horror stories with the B6T instalations and the fitting and cutting it involved!<P>I was surprised to now how easy it was...on my swap, however, i want the BPT's CPU just to make sure.....the b6 CPU works fine but i insist on having the knock sesnor work...<P>By the way J-F Therien's website is : <BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bat_elof" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/bat_elof</A> <P>Before putting his BPT in, he even tried the B6 like i have with a B6T turbo & turbo manifold....the car gained a lot of hp but lacked in drivability as the turbo pulled only at certain rpm's.....<P>As for the tranny, for the B6, it bolts on DIRECTLY to the BPT, the clutch does apparently slip a little but J-F clutch not nearly as new as mine, a stronger clutch from a BP engine WOULD work better and probably not slip, anyhow i'll see if my new B6 clutch holds up....apparently slippage occurs in the 3 and 4th gears mostly as the revs mostly as in 1 and 2 apparently there is practicly no slip....and for the driveshafts, driveshafts from a GT protege would work fine but it is only the passenger side driveshaft that doesn't fit right...modifications can me made shortening it by about half an inch....but of course if you want the slightly beefier shafts, the protege GT shafts would do the job.....<BR>if you keep the B6 tranny which does a good job, the B6 motor mounts will mount to fine to the BPT so keep them....if you want the slightly beefier 323 GTX tranny or the protege tranny, you have to have the BPT motor mounts....<P>Hope i answered your questions!
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”