Josh's 94' GS - Updated 08/11/13

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Josh's 94' GS - Updated 10/29/12

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hmm, would that mess up the beam pattern at all?

If you decide to go that route, I'd be interested in your glass lenses... Mine are plastic, and I'd be thrilled for the upgrade. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

Long live MS wings!!!!!!

Yeah i dont know if its because u have headers and a ZE or if its the sensitivity of the mic on your camera or mine but the MS back box is a little louder at idle than mine. As you rev its the same IMO. When i swap my KLZE in I WONT be using headers and its a stock cat for me as well so mine should remain the same dbs at idle.

What are your plans with the rotor type ornament and the round type. Are you mounting both on the white car?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Well I do not have a cat so that could be it. I did loose a little bit in the top end but that is ok. I kind of wish it were just a little bit louder but I need to be content. I know my other resonator would more than likely be louder I can always swap it out later. the plan was to run without the cat and run two resonators.

then it would only be a whisper....
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Doing some preliminary research for my brake conversions and with swapping the rears to 02' miata sport rears, it is not worth swapping the calipers over IMO. I can only find them refurbished for about 120 each with brackets I cannot find any in the wreckers so, I think I am either going to make my own bracket, or buy the M Tuned brackets. The surface area is not that much more than the GS rears. The one benefit would be they are a little thicker in the pad department but eehh.

I included the specs below for anyone interested.

Sport rear pads

MX3 GS rear pads

M Tuned Brackets

The fronts are coming as well. I will get them all installed around mid next month.

I am swapping in a 1" master cylinder and 4 piston RX7 calipers with miata sport rear disks, and larger 12" front rotors. :) I am deciding on pads right now. Am leaning towards the EBC's but they are kind of touchy and need warming up but then the Hawks I had were the same way. Probably EBC's ..
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Josh's 94' GS - Updated 02/04/13

Post by Josh »

Well slight update, started working on a few things.

Started the work on the MS cover, reinforcing the lower backside.

What she will look like, just need paint! Actually for a test fit it is near perfect fitment. I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I need some bondo here and there but this is one of the best fitting FG covers I have ever put on. I must have gotten lucky.

My current stash

The reason I test fit now was I was tired of these ridiculous Ebay headlights, and was changing them out. for my white panted Euro glass lights!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Wow great update!

Yeah the mazdaspeed front just makes the car look 1000000X better then the original bumper IMO
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

kulluminati777 wrote:Wow great update!

Yeah the mazdaspeed front just makes the car look 1000000X better then the original bumper IMO
Yes I agree. The extra reinforcement will go a long ways. It has stiffened it up quite a bit. I will finish the body work on it and paint it later this month.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Well all brake upgrade parts are ordered and on the way. Hopefully they all will get here by Saturday but will be here Monday by the latest. My brakes will be as followed.

- 1" Milly Master Cylinder conversion

Front
- VW Corrado front rotors X-drilled
- M-Tuned hubcentric rings
- RX7 4 piston calipers
- EBC Resstuff

Rear
- Miata Sport rear rotors solid disks
- M-Tuned rear brackets
- EBC Greenstuff

I am going to have to fabricate my own front brackets but this should go smoothly.

Will update as soon as I have photos to go around :)
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

seeing as ive been dailying a MS replica cover and have learned the hard way that it really needs reenforcing bad.. (ive cracked mine alot, on BS stuff like snow and small animals squirles... id put like some aluminum on the bottem beat it into shape and then fiberglass over it, just a sugestion...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I love how this car is coming along Josh, I'm proud to have seen where it was when you first picked it up(in person), and to see ever greater improvements over time!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Thanks; Yeah she is about done actually, well for a while. I have a couple more things to do to her then onto the AWD car, and when that is drivable again I may do something crazy with it that I may or may not be collecting parts for already :wink:

Thefez- Running like an aluminum pipe along the inside would be ok, however I think most would be surprised on what some matte FG will do. This is more than twice as strong as it was originally, and I only wanted it on the lower end as that is what usually breaks. I am contemplating adding some undercoat to the back side. At least on the lower section. We will see, I am rather confident in how strong it is now. If you go to thick it can have the opposite effect.
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Josh wrote:Thanks; Yeah she is about done actually, well for a while. I have a couple more things to do to her then onto the AWD car, and when that is drivable again I may do something crazy with it that I may or may not be collecting parts for already :wink:

Thefez- Running like an aluminum pipe along the inside would be ok, however I think most would be surprised on what some matte FG will do. This is more than twice as strong as it was originally, and I only wanted it on the lower end as that is what usually breaks. I am contemplating adding some undercoat to the back side. At least on the lower section. We will see, I am rather confident in how strong it is now. If you go to thick it can have the opposite effect.
I know how strong FG can be.. but in the end its still just FG i wasn't talking about a bar but more like aluminum sheeting. Light and thin high guage sheeting. Once spring rolls around im hitting this same project.. along with painting the car over.. (I worked in a body/custom shop) for alittle bit so i was introduced to fiber glass and how strong it actually is.

Also big fan of your car man, its really clean.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Thanks, what if rather than a sheet you used like a metal mesh and fiber glassed that in. I would think that should do nicely.
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

I REALLY hate white cars, but you really opened my eyes to "white power!"

Lol jk!

Great looking car man learned a lot from your thread and from your posts in the forum... Respect...
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
MazdaMan1991

Post by MazdaMan1991 »

iiiiiiiiiiiiiii waaaaaannnnnnnnttttt thhhhaaaaaatttt euro bumper :D
My Mazdas
2008 Mazda 3 FS auto - Totaled