SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by SmoothMX3 »

My cheap ebay shifter came in this morning. I've used these cheap shifters 3 times now. I had one on my old mx3, 1 on my zx2, and now this one. I've also compared the B&M to these cheap shifters and they are exactly the same. The quality is not the same of course, but it definatly does the trick for the money. So, here is what all had to be installed as of now.

Curved Neck Manifold
Short Shifter
KLZE
H&R Springs
17" ADR Rims
Namkang 205/45/R17

Me and my brother are going to start on my MX-3 today. We're gonna start draining the fluids and taking it apart. I wonder how long it will take us. Can anyone take a look at my curved neck manifold and see if I'm missing anything?!
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I was transferring the ZE TB to the Curved neck manifold and once I put it on and noticed that the sensor plug things will probally be in the way of the tps plug thing. lol
All three of those connectors are like right at each other. I know i don't have it upside down, so.. what am i suppose to do, or will it work?!
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

There is a different TB for the curve neck and the straight neck. The straight neck TB does not fit on the curve neck...at least not well!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Uh oh... I'm in trouble then. My curved neck manny didn't come with a tb. btw.. just to update. we almost have the motor ready to come out in my mx-3. we are having trouble getting the header bolts undone. also I need to know what transmission and motor mounts I use?... Im using my mx3 tranny.. so shouldnt i just keep the mx3 tranny bolts?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I can take pictures of the two different TB's if you want. I also have an extra curve neck TB if you want to buy it, but Im not trying to jack your worklog!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

How much for the TB?! 36301
I don't really need to be buying anything right now because I have to be save up for may. (Bahamas Vacation)
Currently, right now we called it a day and quit working on the car. I'm about to upload some pics for you guys.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

First things first. We had to put down a few in order to get started. So, we down a few.

The hood is off. That's like undressing a woman before you get busy. Trust me, It was an awesome feeling.

We started strippin her down, and little by little, it began to look somewhat empty.

Friends and family decided to come over. It was an awesome day.

I feel almost like the ZE is just as excited as me for it to be in the mx-3.

This is the AC wires. They are snipped off, so I guess I'm not gonna have AC anymore. Could I get a smaller belt, to bypass the ac?!

We ended the day with this. Pizza Pizza Pizza, oh & beer!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Why can't you splice the wires back together on the A/C compressor? Or better yet, sometimes (depends on the ZE) the A/C from the K8 can swap right onto the ZE block. You would need to do this anyway unless you purged the system because the freon stuff in in the K8 one. You can get the engine out/in by unbolting the compressor from the engine and supporting it. Just need to be careful when dropping the new engine in so you don't crush it!
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

If you're bypassing the AC, just go to any parts store and look up the P/S belt for an MX6, there's a version for with AC and without AC.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Ok... Thanks Mad!
I'll just go buy that belt. I need no ac. I have windows and a sunroof.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

UPDATE!

After a long night of drunktivity, We got her pulled!

My Brother meant to put that bolt in the hole to hoist it up. He started jacking it up and the motor didn't move. He put the bolt in but forgot to put it in the hole. LMAO.. We were pretty drunk. It was too funny.

Getting closer guys. Now I just have to switch everything over. Also... i have a question. I put the K8 throttle body on the ze curved neck manifold and the connectors are still really too clos together. What do I do? can anyone help me?!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Your getting closer homie.

As for the TB, you may have to try to squeeze it all in there, if that doesnt work then run the k8 intake mani on the klze with the stock k8 ecu until you get the TB that you need.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

commitment!
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

My god I can't wait dude. I've just been sitting here thinking of what it's going to be like. While I'm doing this, I'm gonna go ahead and fill my motor mounts. wooohooo~!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Another Small Update:

Got the trannies switched. ZE is about ready to go in. It'll probally be ready by Tuesday. We'll put it in Tuesday, then I'll be working on hooking everything back up. I'll get tons of video of the first start and all. I'm not gonna be able to use my ZE curved neck manifold, I guess. I don't have the right ZE TB, so its not gonna work. The connectors are probally gonna get in the way of the tps connector. Did anyone else have this problem?!!
I really could use some advice and help on this part guys!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”