Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple..I mean Black.. Beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
wytbishop

Re: Wytbishop - 93' GS SE The Purple Beast

Post by wytbishop »

This makes me feel a little better. Did I mention how much I love new parts?

Now some of you may be thinking..."That must've been very expensive. Why would Charlie spend so much money on a bumper from Japan?"

Well let me tell you why. BECAUSE I LOVE NEW PARTS!!!
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

you just changed your front bumper to a
"front humper"

:love:
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Very nice bumper bro! I feel your pain, I just got my daily fixed this past long week-end. Now back to Project MX-326 GS!

My adventure: http://gtan.ca/showthread.php?t=9497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Sweet! I love new parts too, somehow I'm crazy enough to drive 11 hours round trip just to pick up some stuff!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

wytbishop wrote:Now some of you may be thinking..."That must've been very expensive. Why would Charlie spend so much money on a bumper from Japan?"
That bumper literally looks BRAND NEW!
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on May 25th, 2009, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It is literally brand new. Derrick at Corksport held it for me for the last couple of months so that I could wait for my Dad to get a trip down there and pick it up for me. He also gave my Dad an invoice that said it cost $125. That's frickin awesome service!

it won't go on for a little while, but when it does it's going to be epic.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Very nice my friend!!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Dan [Sac]

Post by Dan [Sac] »

Agreed, Derrick does good stuff at CS. Project's looking nice and thorough.
'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
'93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods... 10.24 @ 139.5 mph [20 psi] - 545 whp, 490 wtq @ 21psi
1997 Ford Probe GTS (Hybrid) - RWD Conversion - Build Thread
Dan [Sac]

Post by Dan [Sac] »

96mx-3 wrote:.. or smash a cd player for skipping lol ..

I actually did that to the one in my shop....sledge hammer to the top loading door....no more CDs! But the radio has been playing flawlessly since.
'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
'93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods... 10.24 @ 139.5 mph [20 psi] - 545 whp, 490 wtq @ 21psi
1997 Ford Probe GTS (Hybrid) - RWD Conversion - Build Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Dan [Sac] wrote:Agreed, Derrick does good stuff at CS. Project's looking nice and thorough.
By comparison to your 323 build(s) my project looks like a 6 yr old with a Bob the Builder tool kit did it...but thank you very much for the compliment.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I guess I should update this with some of the actual work i've done.

ZE has been in now for about 6 months and I really couldn't be much happier. It hasn't burned a drop of oil yet and runs very strong. The idle isn't perfect and the fuel consumption is a bit high, but eventually I will get those things figured out. For now I'm just super happy that I got a nice tight engine and it seems to be pretty reliable.

The Polyurethane Bushing group buy has had me very busy for the past 6 weeks or so. A few weeks ago I installed the prototype bushings on my car and after a little tweaking they are working quite well now. Back during the tranny fiasco a few months ago I slipped the ZX2 struts on that I had been holding on to and changed the ball joints and outer tie rods. Well I guess I should have paid closer attention because I found out last week that the tie rod ends are wrong and they are loose. I have new ones on the way and will have the car aligned professionally as soon as they are on. The suspension feels about 90%. Once the tie rod ends are fixed and the car is aligned I hope to report perfection.

Once the GB is done I plan to attack as much of the body I can manage on my own before the winter arrives. I really want to get that bumper on and fix some of the little imperfections on the body. Other than that just a few little mechanical things to look after and we should be good for another 150,000km.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Today I made 2 excellent purchases. I have located a pair of rear calipers from a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata w/ Sport Suspension for $75 each. These bad boys bolt right up to the BG & EC chassis with the use a about a 4mm spacer. I also bought a pair of 10.9” EBC rotors and Green Stuff pads to go with them. I will be ordering a set of new SS brake lines as well and will be reporting back on what is hopefully a pretty easy rear big brake conversion for the MX-3. I’m just going to do the rears for now and then in the spring I’m going to put some nice EBC dimpled and slotted rotors on the front with the Green stuff pads.

Looking forward to stopping hard.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Boo, hiss I should have waited for you to post this before I ordered my stock calipers for the back. I'm not too upset though, my girlfriend prob. would have hurt me if I bought something bigger than I needed (besides the greenstuffs I bought for my rears)

I look forward to more of your car engineering!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

They were actually pretty hard to find. I have been looking for a while now.

I will report back once I start installing things.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Re: Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple Beast

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I don't have the budget to experiment just yet, and no extra car or garage for fabrication time so I am at a loss.

Detailed pics if things do work out, and if you don't mind, giving the weight difference of the two rotors. I don't care about the static weight of different calipers. Are the miata's dual piston?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”