kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Savin

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by Savin »

Oooooooooo! that paint is purrrrdy! :love:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

TONS of updates to come in the next few months I just have to actually receive some stuff in the mail and install some things I got for xmas already :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Im still chasing leaks (what else is new) but the KLZE is doing great. I do need a better clutch though. I had a ACT clutch but it was to chaddery and aggressive for a DD that is shared between me AND the mrs. The generic one thats in there now just cant hold the power at all. I dont know if i didnt break it in right but in certian gears its slips more than a bubble boy in a KY jelly factory...

I installed a keyless entry and alarm and it is SOOOOOO cool to just walk up to the car press a button and get in. So 21st century lol. I also have been going through keys like crazy so i was forced to just get keyless entry. The alarm was a bonus. I put the original tail lights on and REALLY like the stock look for some reason lol. The LED altezzas will sit in storage until I might want to put them back on in a few years. I wont be painting the blinker red. I will leave it original. Matches the color of all my other blinker bulbs and im all about uniformity :D

This is how the car currently sits

I do have bad news though. Ever since this car has been in the states it was been rear ended. Backed into and some a**hat just rammed his door into mine. There is a HUGE dent on the side that is such an eyesore to a body tech its not even funny. The normal person would not notice :mrgreen: I mean can anyone have nice stuff in america? I would understand if i was rear ending people and backing into them or slamming my car door into other cars but im not. Ill occasionally tap another car with my door but its nothing that does damaged. When i get this car repainted I might be convicted of murder if someone hits my car. Especially if i put the hard work in the body and paint work myself. and its not like I dont take the precautions to have people steer clear of hitting my shi*. I park as far back as I can all alone in the the walmart/grocery stores. I try to ensure my neighbors have enough space so I park PERFECTLY in the middle of the spot or when I see traffic slowing down MILES ahead of me i slow down. Its silly but I have seen dudes not paying attention and SLAMMING into the back of someone. So I slow down so the Aholes who are in a hurry and on there phones pass me up on the highway. What more can I do? I mean come on. Do i have to put orange cones all around my car every time I park? Its just sad honestly.

Also bought another MS catalog for my collection. I love the cover so much i HAVE to share it here lol

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So today I made a mirror with mickey mouse on it for my son and had a bunch of acid left over so I etched my rearview mirror with a mazdaspeed logo and did a etched border as well to kinda cover up the rust on the sides. I have looked at TONS of MX3 mirrors and all have the same border rust problem which is really weird. Even the california cars have had it so far. Its not perfectly done but I love it and it was just something that I did just cause I didnt want to waste the rest of what I had :shrug: . Also dont mind the camera if you couldnt tell earlier in the worklog my wife has a thing for pink lol. Also in my hunt for a rust free mirror at the PnP I found a rubber black thing that mine didnt have that goes between the mirror and window. I guess to stop it from moving as much? I didnt even know this thing existed or was missing on mine. :lol: :lol:

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

You just can't get away from pink can you... lol
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Josh wrote:You just can't get away from pink can you... lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: as long as im married to this woman no. Im just glad we dont have a daughter. She would of done the whole baby room pink. She loves pink man. My laptop im typing on is even pink lol
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

gah your mirror drives me nuts. Re do it with the mazdaspeed logo moved to the lower RH quarter at 1/4 size and I think it would look more OEM and not take up much of your viewing space
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol have you ever cut out a stencil for acid etching? At 1/4 the size it would have took me all week. Plus its actually is not noticeable at all when you focus on the environment behind you also it sits directly in line with the wing in the background that already obscures my vision a bit . It could be worse. I could have a 7 mirror stance "jdm" mirror sticker bombed put up for optimum viewing :lol: :lol:
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

kulluminati777 wrote:lol have you ever cut out a stencil for acid etching? At 1/4 the size it would have took me all week. Plus its actually is not noticeable at all when you focus on the environment behind you also it sits directly in line with the wing in the background that already obscures my vision a bit . It could be worse. I could have a 7 mirror stance "jdm" mirror sticker bombed put up for optimum viewing :lol: :lol:
actually now that you say that, thats pretty cool that you lined it up with MS wing in the rearview, completely understand as my roll bar cuts out part off mine as well
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I recently pick up a mazdaspeed banner for the garage or car meets/shows. I was way bigger than i thought. My guess was it was poster size but this thing is HUGE lol. sorry for the bad quality pics I only had my cheap phone at the time.

I love this thing cant you tell :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also got a brand new double stack console. It was the sellers last one and i talked him into selling it to me on the low for a fair price. I been looking for one of these in good shape for years. I like getting new old stuff lol

Also got me some mazdaspeed sport seats and took a gamble on some mazdaspeed mirrors from another car but looking at them alot i think they will fit. Ill put those on once my hand is better and i can paint them. They are real gandors. I got the idea from a couple of AZ3´s on a Japanese web site with a full write up but they used SW20 MR2 ganadors. I couldnt find any that were not 400+ dollars so i decided to try these from the mazdaspeed DW Demio. They were cheap and I think these will actually look better than the SW20´s as well. Plus anything is better than stock or the ugly mirrors i have on there now. I used to like them but over time I hate them and the blinkers in them stopped working :lol: :lol: :D

There...so...beautiful lol

If you dont know about ganador in japan just google ganador mirrors. They are wind tunnel designed mirrors and are overly expensive I mean at the end of the day there just side mirrors but they do look good I think

here is a pic of the double stack and sport seats installed

here are some pics of what the seats look like outside the car

I really love the look of them. Its funny people keep asking me where i got them like there really going to buy some. I do wish other MX3 owners would spoiler there cars a little. Maybe our aftermarket parts wouldnt be dry now a days if other members would buy stuff every once in awhile and im not talking about spending money on repairs :( :(

and with that ill just leave you a preview of things to come.

Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 1st, 2014, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Yeah, I am interested to see how those mirrors will look. I have wanted to try it out. I remember seeing them on one JDM mx years ago, but since cannot find the pic. Hurry up and test fit them already :) and I am liking the MAF there.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Ok so just an update on the ODD II MAF conversion. Its not going according as planned....

I plugged everything up but the car ran terribly. I test all the components and they seem to be good but i think my main problem is i have an external coil and HEI. I need to rewire the HEI or something but im waiting to see if ANYONE has ever even done this swap AND has an external coil and HEI. So far no one. All the guys either have bone stock distributors or only have an external coil (KLZE guys)

I will still be figuring out how to mesh this kit with my car but for now it will be put on the back burner. I hooked my KL36 ecu and JE50 VAF back up and put the OBD II stuff in the closet. Right now with school and only having one car i really dont have the time or luxury of experimenting. Plus with my luck ill ruin something or make it worse. Like fry the engine harness wiring or something. This is a nice push in the direction of getting a aftermarket ECU like a stratified or MS or something. As with that i can run a MAF and coilpacks and ditch the Distributor all together. We will see but if a guy comes out the woodwork and says "hey i got a MSD coil and HEI and im running a MAF" than this project will be back on because I then know its possible and would have a little assistance in figuring out my problem.
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Im running a MAF with an hei and i have no issuses at all plugged it all in and worked fine. If u have any questions feel free to pm me
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kulluminati777 wrote:I recently pick up a mazdaspeed banner for the garage or car meets/shows. I was way bigger than i thought. My guess was it was poster size but this thing is HUGE lol. sorry for the bad quality pics I only had my cheap phone at the time.

Hehe, I got one of those Mazda flags a while back (thanks to my contacts at Mazda Canada). I wasn't expecting it to be so big either!

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: wow that one makes mine look like a handkerchief
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Nice update :)

Why do you have that Mazdaspeed strutbar just laying there ? It should be on my car if you just store it :lol:
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”