KLZE confusion, trying to sort rumor from reality...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wytbishop

Re: KLZE confusion, trying to sort rumor from reality...

Post by wytbishop »

And I will definitely have my car dyno'd in the spring before I take it all apart.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

MrMazda92 wrote:Show me ONE MX-3 with a "KLZE", running factory tuning & a K8 exhaust, with a dyno graph above 190 BHP or 170WHP and I will admit here for everybody that I know jack about engines. I want to see the engine bay, mod list, and dyno graph.

Put your money where your mouth is, ANYONE.
Show me ONE, and I'll reimburse you for the dyno session, you have my word!
If I am as stupid, ignorant, and clueless as you all seem to believe, you shouldn't hesitate for even a moment.

Prove me wrong.

Free dyno session, for anyone confident enough in this farce to risk a little money.
Careful with what you are asking about Blake... This is one of thoughs parts where your passion on this topic is blinding you...

All your talk about dyno numbers shows me you don't truly understand dynos and the inaccuracy of their numbers... I have a dyno chart showing my old 90 V6 cavalier making more whp then its rated at stock... The kicker, the car was stock... The IAT temp sensor on the dyno hadn't be calibrated right...

I can take my car to the same dyno on 10 different days and get 10 different peek numbers with a 10 hp spread if not more.... I can dyno a car a sea level, or at 5000 feet above sea level and get a 15hp spread.. I can heat soak a motor on a dyno in the same day and loose 10 hp... This is why most people here, aren't telling you that you are wrong.. But that they have little bit different opinions and we aren't as passionet about the subject as you..
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

crazycanadian wrote: I can take my car to the same dyno on 10 different days and get 10 different eek numbers with a 10 hp spread if not more.... I can dyno a car a sea level, or at 5000 feet above sea level and get a 15hp spread.. I can heat soak a motor on a dyno in the same day and loose 10 hp... This is why most people here, aren't telling you that you are wrong.. But that they have little bit different opinions and we aren't as passionet about the subject as you..
A point which I made earlier in the discussion and which was ignored.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

As was stated many times there are several factors that come into play when on a Dyno. 1st the Dyno what kind is it? This makes a big difference, A mustang dyno is always going to be less. 2nd where are you altitude wise and what is the ambient temperature of that day. Lastly what kind of fuel are you running, as we all know it is hard to come across 96 Octane here in the states like they have at the pumps in Japan. Many many things factor in for the extra little bit.

Blake your argument is Null, you are arguing just for the sake of doing so, which is pretty dam stupid IMO. You are arguing over the difference of 10 degrees in air temperature, the quality of fuel used, or the air pressure in your tires. I have a lot I could say here Blake but I will only say this. I understand now why you have been banned from other forum(s), and why you have chased other members off.

You have an issue of not knowing when to stop. We are not you're enemies Blake, so quite treating us like it.

I do not recall ANYONE in this thread saying you were wrong so I still am blind to what your problem is. One thing that I have failed to mention is that there is a 3rd ZE ECU that came in the Jspec MX6 only. I was planning on using it but it, but it uses a completely different wiring harness over OBDI and OBDII, as well as no one really knows what VAF it uses. BTW drive train loss is more that 15%.... 15% is a general average nowhere is this figure scientific by any means. I am also running over sized tires, so this adds even more on top of that. so my 168.8 number is flawed in itself.

Just get over it and move on, Seriously!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Thanks, Josh for pointing this thread out to me.

I logged on just for this, you my peoples.

I got through 2 pages and barfed.

http://interpreptuning.com/

Everyone thank Alistair for answering this question seven years ago: *EDIT* SEVENTEEN years ago

1993 Mazda 2.5 ltr. V-6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intake Manifold/ Cam testing, March 1996
No modifications to engine other than manifolds/cams.
•Std. air filter/box
•Std. cold air inlet to above radiator
•Std. air flow sensor
•Std. exhaust manifolds
•Std. compression ratio
•fabricated 1.75 O.D. exh. downpipes
•fabricated 2.25 O.D. open exh. pipe, exiting to rear of car
•VRIS functioning properly
•AO6 computer

Dynamometer tuning results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peak torque Peak horsepower
1.175.4 @ 4700 170.2 @ 6400
2.173.5 @ 5000 180.8 @ 6000
3.177.1 @ 4700 179.6 @ 6300
4.173.3 @ 5000 184.9 @ 6900
5.174.5 @ 5400 190.8 @ 6800
6.170.9 @ 5700 203.7 @ 7200
Test Notes: 1.North American intake manifold/ North American cams
2.Japanese intake manifold/ North American cams
3.North American intake manifold/ Japanese cams
4.Japanese intake manifold/ Japanese cams
5.North American intake manifold/ Interprep 280/9.4 cams
6.Japanese intake manifold/ Interprep 280/9.4 cams

so for those who can't read,
DE: 1.175.4 @ 4700 170.2 @ 6400
DE with K31 cams and straight neck: 4.173.3 @ 5000 184.9 @ 6900

that's almost a 15fwhp gain.

Which means, you're expecting something along the lines of 13fwhp gain from increasing the compression ratio.
Increasing the C/R 1 point generally can increase the power up to 5%. 185*.05= 9.25.
185+9= 194. You're 4hp away from the original factory specs of 198.

And with some crazy interprep cams you CAN get 200fwhp out of a DE with standard compression ratio. That would increase with the "10.1:1 pistons" in the "true ze"

Can we all hear you admit that you know jack about engines now? Pweeeze?

Or is interprep tuning and Alistair's testing techniques not official enough?

Hey, hey guys, everybody, hey, did I do good? Tell me I did good. I need to hear those words!
Last edited by SuperK on January 15th, 2013, 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

So just to clarify, a DE with KL31 cams and a straight neck will not produce the same amount as a "true" KL-ZE?

Just asking as I'm a bit iffy on my v6 stuff, especially with which cams/heads come from where and that kind of jazz.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Rob, look at the chart. A DE with KL31 cams and a straight neck will NOT produce the same HP as a "true" KL-ZE. You will have to also replace the pistons with the flat-top 10.1:1 pistons that a "true KLZE" came with, (plus an appropriate ECU, or appropriately modified ECU). You THEN would be producing the same power, as shown with the chart above.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Here are a couple pages with info I have book marked.

http://www.davidandjemma.com/mazda/KL.htm

http://interpreptuning.com/
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Okay cool, thanks for the info Kris.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

SuperK...

You have to come back to the forum. My last thurnongulator just toasted and I'm out of blinker fluid.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Between a recently "retired" forum member screwing me in a financial transaction, then defaming my character publicly, and receiving PITY while running away like a beaten dog
For the record, he's talking about me 8)
He thought that the JDM headlights were glass. I really screwed the poor pooch. He left me a good feedback. Huh. I'm a horrible person. I don't have to be even a part of the forum for your character to be defamed. You do a much better job at it than I do.

Anyways, fun times this thread looks like. Feels like deja vu. I see images of hatch struts and cylinder heads in my mind.

Anyways, wyt check your viscosity. that -15 weight blinker fluid seeps through the pores of your plastic lenses. that also causes them to, "hielo" quicker than normal. I generally just go for whale oil. Clean buring, brighter blinkers.

Anyways I'm out, gonna run away before I get beat again with that newspaper! It doesn't hurt but the NOISE of that thing just freaks me out!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

SuperK wrote:Anyways, wyt check your viscosity. that -15 weight blinker fluid seeps through the pores of your plastic lenses. that also causes them to, "hielo" quicker than normal. I generally just go for whale oil. Clean buring, brighter blinkers.

Anyways I'm out, gonna run away before I get beat again with that newspaper! It doesn't hurt but the NOISE of that thing just freaks me out!

forgive me I can't help it...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

z
Last edited by MrMazda92 on January 15th, 2013, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd bet my a-- that Alistair didn't dyno a damn thing with a K8 exhaust. :lol:

Charlie,

By "A-spec tuning", I was referring to the DE ECU and KL02 VAF that more than 50% of the membership use with their KLs, eventually a few do spring for aftermarket EMS or KL31/36 ECUs though. That is true.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

z
Last edited by MrMazda92 on January 15th, 2013, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”