0 spark.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DJsMX-3

Re: 0 spark.

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Ooo wait!

Cant see it on here because the wireing schematics isnt uploaded but i have one at home.
In the enginebay fuse box theres a fuse "st sign" i think its called and its the starter output from ignitionswitch to ecu, its the only thing that fuse is for! Check it, its like a normal 10amp fuse.
If its blown, dont just put in another, try to find out why it blew in the first place.
The wire from that fuse to the ecu could be shorted out somewhere or otherwise if the fuse is allright you have a open circuit and you need to find out where its at.

Since your starter is turning and your not getting the start signal to the ecu it has to be one or the other unless you measured wrong :wink:
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by cWs306 »

hmmmm well i checked all the fuses. interior and engine bay and everything checks out. i hope to god it isnt a shorted out wire somewhere. i dont got a garage to start re-wiring my car lol. atm i gotta wait to do anything because its like -25c out. to cold to work on my car :P plus wires become hella fragile in this weather.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

So..... I have officially given up. any mechanics that are good at trouble shooting wanna make a few bucks and come figure out my problem? :welder: my problem is i got 0 spark at the disty.. like no spark comes out of the plug wire. and this is what ive done.. Replaced: disty+coil+cap/rotor, wires+plugs for disty, new spark plug wires and spark plugs. new crank angle sensor. new fuses, for the ones i could find.(and the ones i replaced were still fine) lol -,-

Heres a video of how it cranks. Anything sound funny or off? (timing is out about 7-15 degrees not enough to cause it to not spark) :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CPGKWDN ... FfqEZIlbUO
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

have you confirmed the rotor is spinning (cranking with the disty cap off)? its unlikely but perhaps your camshaft or the gear connecting the cam and the disty has broken?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Have you played with the ECM at all?

I recently spent almost two hours troubleshooting a no-spark... turned out to be that little white plug under the ECM.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

yes, the rotor is spinning, i just replaced the entire disty trying to figure out this problem. and the ecm? engine control module? yah ive tried 2 different ones? or am i on the wrong track here? any chance u could get a picture for me or something? please n thanks!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

The only thing left is the ignition switch. I bought one off Ebay with all the door locks for $55. I'm sure one of us has one to give you. If no one offers to help I may be able to find mine from my MX6 (same thing) you just to use the park lever thingy from yours if that even matters in a standard.
MX3 MX6 626 and probably others, all the same. :D
Just don't give up, it'll haunt you for the rest of your life.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

yaaah thats gotta be it dan. im going to my parts car this week or weekend and grab the one out of it, and would it be easier to just grab the whole door handle with the locks on them already? is there anything inside the door that im gunna need for the locks? its all power windows on both cars. i dont want seperate keys for locks and ignition.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

you should be able to just grab the lock cylinders but if you cant figure it out grab all the locks including the hatch. shouldnt matter what windows or options they have...
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ha, wait till you try to get those damn clips off the door locks, they seem to fly off and each door has a secret hiding spot cuz every one I lost in the door I could never find. :confused2: Like I said either use a dremel and cut a slot in the head of the bolt (best way) or drill the head off. When the ignition bolts are installed they break off the heads so all that`s left is a dome. Idiots.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

hahah hmmm well ima put a bag in the hole then just incase haha. :welder: and im thinking of filling my hatch lock. ive never once used the key on it before, always just use the lever in the car lol. thanks for the tips guys. gunna get out to the farm asap here. ill letcha know what the outcome is.
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

so im assuming you still havent gotten it to fire up. I know you got a new disty, but on the disty there should be a condenser it looks like a little round tub it screws into the disty sometimes if its not on there right it will not send out spark. 2nd you have the HEI mod at one point? With the HEi mod you dont need the Orange wire (tigger wire). without the hei mod make sure you hook the trigger wire back up it connects into the ECU. without that hooked up or a bad connection you will never get spark.. And i would say make sure all your wires coming from the 6pin and 3 pin off the disty are hooked up.. It doesnt matter about colour code, as long as the wires are matching up as their supposed to inside the 6pin and 3pin. i.e if you hook up the tigger wire coming from the firewall into a different coloured wire into the 6pin. then it will never start aswell.. Make sure that each wire is hooked up with the proper wire. there should be a Black W dark green, and Black W light green wires their are grounds, make sure they are connect to ground on the car good. there should be a thick black wire on the 3 pin aswell, its also ground make sure its got a good ground. If everything is fine there. Then unplug all your wires going into the ECU, and unplug them from the 6pin and 3pin, take your meter and run a continuity test on each wire coming off the 6pin and 3pin from the disty, but each wire has a resistors take one end of youre meter wire and test one end of the wire find where the resistor is on that wire and check the wire just before the resistor, if you have continuity then test after the resistor. if you go all the way to the fire wall with the same wire chances are that wire is fine, then do the same thing with the rest of the wires. Is there any chance you can take some pictures so we can see what you have done to it so far.
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

nope its still sittin and lookin pretty haha. but yes all the wires are r wired to the right wires on the plugs and ill do the wire check that you described. and theres a video in previous posts that show my engine bay and what ive done. but what exactly would you like some pictures of, just lemme know and ill go snap some. thanks alot!
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

can you take a couple of up close pictures of your disty and the 6 and 3 pin wires,
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

Okay will do man! i should be getting out there in the next few days. figured out my multimeter is actually shot. it reads a 19v charge from my 12v battery hahaha. went n bought a new one last night. thinking it was reading right on wires that could really be hooped.. so hopefully i can to the bottom of this now. and my question on the continuity test. do i take tester n stick the leads on both sides of the harness? like one in the plug for the ecu spot then 1 in the plug for the disty? or am i a little off? sorry if i sound like a ritard, wiring isnt my thing. :confused2:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”