[GI] Who wants Slim Visors? *UPDATE*

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Savin

Re: [GI] Who wants Slim Visors? *UPDATE*

Post by Savin »

You know, it would have been worse if you were going to use a "Jack" plane :lol:

Until you said that the other slim visor was under your template, I thought that your visor was indented.

Great work so far, and keep it up!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If anyone wants to know.. I'm using 3M PT1100 tape, and will send an adhesion promoter to those who want these on pretty permenantly. I don't know what tape Mooneggs used, but I'm sure it's similar, and after taking his off, and putting it back on about 10 times, it still sticks (not as well, but, still). Even with dust from cutting, and dirty fingers.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I didn't want to know, but thanks for telling us anyway :P

Haha, you're making progress, and making progress fast. I want in on the custom fab action! What do I have to do, move to warshington as well?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Heh. Just wanted y'all to know that it's nothing but the best, when it comes to FowlJesse's work :)
We Northwesterners have time to think about, and work on stuff, when hiding from the rain.
And I don't work, so I have time for stuff like this. Well, that's not entirely true... I tend to start businesses, save a grip, and skate for a little while. I've been living off a risidual income of a company I sold out of a few years ago, so I need to feel productive once in a while.
I want to produce Poly windows for our cars, but shipping would be tough. They're light (about 16 lbs for the rear), but big, and I don't know how shipping would be..
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

Mine were from a group buy back in 2001 from G. Mui, Vancoucer, BC, Canada
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

wow, you're movin pretty fast man! great job!
Im still in for the tinted visor btw.

Id be down for a polycarbonate window, id imagine the shipping would be around the same as a cf hood.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

The material came in, so I turned in the template. They are backlogged for a few days.
It's funny, the way you have to do these things..
I walk into a place that deals with big $$ companies, with big work orders. Every time I go in there, they've forgotten who I am, and they ask what company I represent, and I have them dig through work orders for my little order. I've got a repoir with the sales dude, now, though, and flirt with the secretary.... The things I have to do.. She's hot, though, and races on the track.
Anyway, the should be done by the beginning of next week.
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

they are looking pretty sweet! I'd be interested in a polycarbonate rear window too! I bet with one of those the hatch will open by itself when you pull the lever! :twisted:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. I just took out my rear window wiper & motor, and spoiler, and it opens by itself, so with the window replaced, it may open too fast.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Jesse, if I am to get a set... I would get the smoked ones because I think black on my black car would look silly... and just out of curiosity, why don't you make it so it snugs to the mirror panel better? Am I just looking at it wrong?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Is it too late to get in on these?

I'm sick of water coming in my windows from the windshield when it rains and i want to have the windows open slightly. I just noticed this thread today.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

is the shipping opened to Portugal ?
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

i would love some! thanks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It's not too late to get these. they'll be for sale for at least a few months.
Ryan, Monneggs and I found that each of our 4 MX-3s are slightly different. On his fast car, they front edge touched the mirror plate, and the one I took the picture on has the biggest gap. I think that the bolts could be loosened on it, and the gap could be adjusted, so they'd be smooth, but I didn't want to ask everyone to do that. Also, they can be put on a mm or two forward without looking different. You could see if this works, if you want less gap. When you guys get these, you'll find your "perfect fit". I also looked into the possibility of making a small tab that would fit under the plate, so the visor would be butted up against it, and be perfectly flush, and almost seamless. There was alot of R&D that went into these.
I'm sure I can get a set to Portugal, and if shipping is a deal killer, I can adjust the price a little. I want to make sure that everyone who wants them, gets them.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

these are looking awesome, well done! I'll be going for a smoked set ty :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”