MrMazda92's '92 GS - New daily

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS - Resurrected

Post by mx3_ryder »

Can you get the motor to turn over at all with jumping it or does it just dim the lights when you try to start?
How are you checking the spark?
You probably already checked, but make sure the terminals are clean and are making good connection cause that's what gives me problems alot with my no start and dimming of the lights.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It turns over, and cranks for 30+ seconds without issue... That was using another car's alternator to power up.

The lights aren't dimming on either vehicle, and it's definitely getting all the power that it needs. Is there a fuse or relay in line with the distributor that fails? I haven't had to mess with it before...
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Test for power at the harness plug going to the distributor with either a test light or multimeter.

If you have power there then it would be the distributor at fault.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I finally had a day off from working, and decided to work on the car again. :roll:

Pulled the plug wires and started cleaning everything up, so I could test the distributor and check all of the electrical throughout the bay. Wires 3 and 5 came out BATHED in oil, so at a bare minimum I screwed up one of the valvecover gaskets.

Still no spark, and yes, it is definitely spark that I am lacking. Fuel is good to go at least...

I have a loaner vehicle for a few more months, and will have a bit of money coming my way this summer(settlement from a trial, selling another car, etc.), so I am planning to pull the K8 and just focus on other projects while I pool funds for a KL project.

Coilpacks, no VAF, Manual steering, Speed6 front brakes, Probe rear brakes, and a KL swap...

This isn't even going to feel like the same car when I finally do get to drive it down the road again. She will be a whole different animal. I'm not giving up, not after 3 years of hell and misfortune after misfortune.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS - Hunting for a KL

Post by kulluminati777 »

A KL swap???????

How dare K8's Greatest supporter turn....trader :lol:

Good to here though :)
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

kulluminati777 wrote:A KL swap???????

How dare K8's Greatest supporter turn....trader :lol:

Good to here though :)
Everyone sees the light eventually. :lol:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I still say it's a better engine, but to each their own. :wink:

I have a line on a built KL right now... It's a bit of a distance away, but for the price it's damned tempting. This should put me in 200 WHP territory with the rest of the parts I have laying around.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Still looking for a G4 or Millenia engine... Probably will be for a while now.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on July 10th, 2013, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Still trying to find that $180.00 junkyard DE... There's a stock pile of them out there for the right price.

I paid $500.00 for my K8 at a local junkyard but it also only had 60K on it.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

$180.00 junkyard G4 or Millenia engine. ;)

If I have to settle for the Milli, I'll be bolting a hand ported straightneck to it, with a 65-67mm hourglassed throttlebody and an interior polished solid intake with one coupler. :wink:

If I end up finding the G4, that intake will probably be saved for a later date. I may weld up the runners and make it an oval port straightneck intake. :lol:

Bleh, it will take me a while to find this... I may end up building a KL afterall. :shrug:
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Milli engine essential a DE, same as probe/mx6 other then the intake mani and tb? Since you are fitting a straight neck mani anyways you'd have more options for your KL hunt... :)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The Millenia has a DE short-block, KL31 heads, KL01 cams, and a Curveneck intake with EGR. ;)

The KLG4 has a G4 short-block/heads/cams/intake/TB.

Ideally, I would have a G4 with a modified straight-neck intake manifold... At this rate, I will be doing exactly that. :shrug: I can't afford to pay $500+ for an engine, and then have it shipped to my door, so I am thinking I will go with a G4 block, Millenia heads, reground cams, a straightneck IM, and a 65mm throttle body.

I should be able to do that for ~$600 including the cams, since I already have most of that laying around... :lol:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol i just noticed this is the "Seinfeld" worklog. I hope you get the KL very soon. Im sure you will be doing great things :love:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I hope so too... I'm on the fence for moving straight into RWD land with an FD...

At this rate, it will happen sooner. :/

I forgot to add, the Millenia didn't get the garbage "ZE" springs and retainers.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

MrMazda92 wrote:The Millenia has a DE short-block, KL31 heads, KL01 cams, and a Curveneck intake with EGR. ;)

The KLG4 has a G4 short-block/heads/cams/intake/TB.

Ideally, I would have a G4 with a modified straight-neck intake manifold... At this rate, I will be doing exactly that. :shrug: I can't afford to pay $500+ for an engine, and then have it shipped to my door, so I am thinking I will go with a G4 block, Millenia heads, reground cams, a straightneck IM, and a 65mm throttle body.

I should be able to do that for ~$600 including the cams, since I already have most of that laying around... :lol:
I was unaware that the North American Millenia 2.5 has KL31 heads, but makes sense since my

curve neck manifold w/egr has square ports. Never thought twice about it... :shrug:

Can't wait to see whats in store when you do get the KL as well. RWD land- :2thumbsup:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”