mx3 manual 1.6L transmission on base. need to change...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Re: mx3 manual 1.6L transmission on base. need to change...

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

cWs306 wrote:or use this 4cyl as parts car and find yourself a v6 mx3. 32hp gain right there. 112hp gain if u get the klze.
Well that's overly complicated, BPs come in 130hp too, and would be cheaper, and much less work, and he can turbo it later depending on his budget. He's just getting started, id take it slow and stay away from 4cyl to v6 conversions.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Post by wednesdayslatest »

i dont think my engine bay would take a v6.... :-\ well either way i dont want to deal with a v6 i want an I4 for sure but i wouldnt mind a DOHC since i only got a SOHC immma buy another car after this one i just want to fix it so its good and make it a little quicker its already quick i just need some more kick in the lower....but maybe its all just me and its because there is antifreeze in the gas and the exhaust is getting louder so there must be a hole. i pumped everything outa the tank i havnt prof. cleaned the injectors yet but i think im going to have to bring it to the ppl to clean my gas tank or sum thats what my mechanic told me i just tried putting seafoam and filling the tank. its alright seems like its just burning thru it.....well either way there is no more smoke when i start the car in the morning....so maybe its gone.....maybe i just need to change the injectors.....or maybe i think ill drop the gas tank one more time when it starts acting up dump it all out instead of pumping it and just clean the injectors with that high pressure can with that gas solution. well see. i just need to go pass inspect today so we see what happends
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
wednesdayslatest

-oh damn i changed the cap rotor and replaced the thermostat and it drives a LOT better now. now im gonna need some spark plug wires....it still bubbles up i dont understand why its getting hot like that. maybe it needs some time.i have the sensor connected on the front side of the block but the sensor on the thermostat housing i dont have it connected because i dont have the end piece to connect it. anyone can help me out with that? i put a new sensor on the thermostat housing but i dont know. let me take a picture of it today and ill show you guys maybe you could help me figure something else....maybe i need to take a trip to that one junkyard that had a DOHC engine maybe i can get the connector from that.....maybe i can get the stock intake box. but it seems okay i just keep the gears in the high rpms and i can get the torque i need. 60 65 5th gear nice and 40 45 in 4th gear is nice. i havnt tested the rest yet but at that range
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
wednesdayslatest

can any of you tell me the loication of my stoplight switch? i have the harness end part but i cant seem to figure out where it is on the block because its close to the coolant and oil sensors because its tied into the harness close to them anyone can show me a diagram? i looked on alldata but i couldnt find anything
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

the stop light (brake) switch is on the pedal. the only one on the brake pedal, as far as I know.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
wednesdayslatest

can you find me a diagram of the sensors all of them if possible because i need to look for some idle sensor or something because the car dies out sometimes it just has trouble holding the idle idk why and someone mentioned two diff sensors i forgot and i looked all alldata but i dont really get to see diagrams of all the sensors i search for. if someone can find me a diagram that would be very helpful apparently i need to change my inner tie rod because i put the outer already like 3 times finally i got a pregreesed one and it still shakes so i should have the innter tomorrow and i still need to chase that neutral safety switch because i put it and the reverse lights STILL dont work :-\ i only got 30 days to get my rejection taken off. then after i want to find the original horn wire.
wednesdayslatest

WTF i drive the car for like 3 4 hours yesterday the thermo was going up but when i bring the rpm down on the highway it cooled down buti burned through half a tank of gas driving around it was bubbling for some reason i dont know why if i drive it anywhere and i stop it bubbles usually i got the fan running on it manually on all the time......so now i got and drive it today and it was hot all the way to my house and back its pushing the coolant back into the reserve tank and it just drives hot now.....please dont tell me its the head gasket i just changed that s--- before i started using the car i put the head on a nd left it for a while
wednesdayslatest

ALRIGHT say worse case or i might be thinking about a motorswap in the near future. how much do you think it will cost for me to get a BPT motor any one i guess. would i need to replace the tranny too?
wednesdayslatest

i plan on doing up the car again with the head gasket and fix it up maybe sell the engine i have no use for it if i sell it i really want something thats worth it and i want to put a turbo on it later whatever i have...this engine or a new one idk but i do want to put a turbo
wednesdayslatest

because something like that i need to fix this car for now and save up for a motorswap but i need some advice on that because im not sure what is compatible or where to look i checked out ebay for a performance torqued cam gear for the mx3 i saw it once before..... i cant find it.....anyone know where i could get one?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”