0 spark.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: 0 spark.

Post by Ryan »

If you're running a stock K8, it bolts on right beside that little extra VRIS tube, the aluminum squiggly part of the manifold right on the right hand side of the car.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

Okay well i went and re-wired everything. even gave more slack to the plug wires. hooked it all up. grounded it. checked all my engine grounds and power. its all there. but no spark still.. im 100% lost as of now.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

whats the big black fuse in the one box fuse box under the hood.. its a denso fuse? :S
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Also Ild check in the manual on how to test your ignition switch. Seems odd your getting spark when the ignition is cycled back, maybe its a dead end but worth looking into
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

okay ill take a gander through there and see. im gunna take a vid of how its cranking and everything so you guys can get a glimpse of it for reals and not just through words. :shrug:
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

i cant find anything on how to test the ignition starter switch. but im wondering where exactly is it. i got a parts car..
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

You can unplug the ignition sw. easy enough. If you decide to swap it out the bolts that hold it on have round heads so you either dremel a slot in the heat to accept a common screw driver or drill the heads off. I suggest dremeling a slot.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

ohhh kk thanks for the info man! hopefully this is the issue.. ugh! 400 dollars later.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

you bought a new ignition switch?

Crazy guy.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

nooo i never bought one. i got a parts car and it has one in it. but ive bought everything else to do with the ignition lol :freak:
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Did you get it running again?
I still havent recieved my new dirsty, god i hope the car runs again after i change it!
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

No i havent got it running. with just my luck woke up this morning and my car was gone.. got impounded. because it sat on the street for to long because i cant get it running lol. so now i gotta go pay 200 bucks to get it out and then figure out where its gunna go untill i can actually figure out why its not getting spark. still havent got to it. but i had a thought... does it matter that my car was an automatic before? i dont have the manny wiring harness in the car. i jumped a wire to say i was in park and also one to give me reverse lights. idunno if this will help but i dunno. help me :(
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

i just re-read your post dan. you said unplugging the switch? as in unplug it and itll fire with out it? or was that just directions on how to get it out? lol.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

AWW man, sad to hear your car was towed away allso!
After two weeks of waiting, my dirsty finally came today and it runs again!
So for me it was just the "new" dirsty that was bad after all :freak:

Have you looked at the wireing schematics for the car?
On page F2-18 theres a relationship chart for input/output devices.
Look at the inputs that relates to the igniter, since you had an automatic the neutral and clutchswitches and inhibitor signal would be a place to start. If you look at the wireing then at page Z-38 to 39 you can se every pin on the ecu, what the voltages should be and where theyre located in the plugs.

When you put in the new dirsty, did you try reversing your wireing so the dirsty was wired up like stock again?
If not, maybe it would run stock-ish, revealing some error in the wireing you made maybe, helping to locate the fault.

Hope this helpes a little :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

k got my car back last night. if anyone in canada gets there car impounded.. CAA will not cover the tow home if the car is in the impound. you gotta push it out of the impound then they will cover it. how much bulls--- is that? loool! 232 dollars later. shes home in my aunties back yard. now to find a ignition starter switch. callin some junk yards today. changing this thing doesnt involve me taking out my tumbler n s--- does it? if it does should i leave my key in it to keep it all in line?

EDIT: yah i went through all that last night and went n tested everything. its all getting the power accept the signal that comes from the ignition starter switch to the ecu isnt there.. soooo? its gottttaaaa be the switch... if its not im gunna f---ing lose it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”