Massive Sludge in my new KLZE...New Pics's

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Massive Sludge in my new KLZE...New Pics's

Post by Pritchett »

Yeah, I used 2 cans of carb cleaner on the front head which got it mostly clean. Then I bought a bottle of engine parts cleaner which I cleaned up the front with even more. The oil galleys are clear cause all the engine cleaner drained into the base which I promptly drained. I'm going to clean the rear up using only the engine cleaner and a toothbrush, after a few scrub baths it will be as good as the front. I'm going to spray them with diesel and they pour a bunch into each head as I want to clear out as much of that cleaner as possible...don't want it getting into any bearings right?

I think the motor after this and a few oil/atx cycles will be back to normal.
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

When you first go to start the engine fill it with HD20W50 engine oil. Run it with that for the first few hours of running time. The high detergent additives in it will remove alot of the remaining crap. It will come out black after only a short time.

After that run it for about 500km with standard 10W40 dinosaur oil and then do another change to a full synthetic.

The second oil change should not be nearly as dirty and after 500km you'll be able to tell if it's burning any oil.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Rislone has been around for about 75 years and is meant for cleaning sludged engines. You could add a can when you add your oil. Duralube is very good too. I use to do metal wear trend monitoring for aircraft oils and when I tried Duralube out on my engine it worked very well cleaning my engine demonstrated by the greatly increased readings I got next time I did an oil test.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”