RX8SE3P

Re: Just finished my ZE swap - but not much power

Post by RX8SE3P »

1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

mooneggs had/has the same issue with the car lacking power. We put on an adjustable fpr with gauge and when on the dyno the thing was dipping to 20psi at full throttle!!! If you have you original fuel pump that is probably the culprit of lact of power after 4k. once installed he picked up like 40hp and 20lb ft of torque.
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Awesome, well I have a new fuel pump and it will be going in soon. Also got my headers and began installing last night!

I think the fuel pump could be faulty because when I had the fuel hoses off and ignition on and cranking, pretty much nothing came out lol.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

To update this old thread -

I have hardly driven the car but headers are installed, not connected to exhaust though so it's loud and has no power down low (still feels sluggish up high to be honest but not sure if open headers make it run bad). Will get this done soon (I keep procrastinating), and post results.

Got all my injectors cleaned and tested.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
RX8SE3P

Re: lack of power rebuilt KLZE 1995 MX-3

Post by RX8SE3P »

Fuel pump installed today. Still have not driven it though. Will have to take it to exhaust shop very soon and post back some results. My to do list is running low.

Next on the list is HEI + external coil mod.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
RX8SE3P

Re: lack of power rebuilt KLZE 1995 MX-3

Post by RX8SE3P »

Headers piped fully, car running on the road now. Still does not feel happy to rev smoothly. Very hard to explain. No idea where to go from here apart from ensuring the spark system is perfect with an MSD2 blaster coil and HEI setup. :?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”