[GI] Who wants Slim Visors? *UPDATE*

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: [GI] Who wants Slim Visors?

Post by Daninski »

I'm still in, black whatever. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: [GI] Who wants Slim Visors? *UPDATE*

Post by fowljesse »

Update! See 1st post!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Update The templates are done, and we made them wider, at the front, so rain won't drip in. Also, they will fit the mirror mount alot better. I will put a black one on one side of my car, and a smoked one on the other, and put up pictures sometime this week.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

what are these? rain guards?
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

It's a +3 modifier to social acceptability.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

SuperK wrote:It's a +3 modifier to social acceptability.
:lol:
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I'll take a black set! They will go great with the fresh paint when I finish up the God forsaken rust repair! Its getting close though!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yes.
They say "I care about the appearence of my vehicle, and have high status, and sex appeal". They will start conversations, and break the ice at high class social functions. They make you look mysterious, yet approachable.
Cops will be impressed, and chose to let you off with a warning.
You will prove your loyalty to the MX-3 community.
They reduce aerodynamic drag by .000063%, and give you .000063% better gas mileage. They keep coat hangers, and Jimmy's away, when you leave a crack, for cooling the car in the sweltering parking lot, and keep the hottest direct beams of light out.
They reduce wind noise, when having the windows down an inch on the freeway.
They keep the top of your head private from those nosey drive-thru workers.
They slice, AND dice. They dial a phone, from 2 feet away. They make sound effects for Kung-Fu movies. They make a pleasant sound against bare skin, when she gets out of the shower.... Um TMI....

UPDATE
The template is done. Special thanks to Mooneggs. Without him, and his Dremel, I couldn't have done these in as timely a manner, and/or done theses as well. The fitment, and function is going to be great!!
I will submit the template tomorrow, and if the material is in, they should be done in a few days, by the time my 3M tape comes (Yeah, I got the good stuff). I will put a black set on my slow car, and smoked on the fast one, and post pics.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

put me down for a set. I didn't decide on the color yet, just wanna see how it looks on the car but definatelly (100%) want one :D

P.S. great to have people like you in the mx3 community
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Aaww, shucks :oops:
se7en

Post by se7en »

Ukrman wrote:P.S. great to have people like you in the mx3 community

@nd man! keep up the great work, posting and helping restore the mx-3 awesome aftermarket selection :P

Lov ya man!(not in that kinda way though :P)

cheers

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I wasn't sure if I wanted to show this, because it doesn't look very good as a template, but, this is my innovation:
This will keep rain from dripping in the window, when it's down an inch or so. With the other visors, you still couldn't crack your windows in the rain, because the water would drip in from the bottom edge near the mirror. This was tough to R&D, and that's probably why it wasn't made this way before, but Mooneggs and I did it. Also, this way, it really looks custom.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

testing in mooneggs laboratory FTW :freak: but seriously that design should be pretty sweet - you can finally crack the window a little more without worrying about the rain!
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

Here are some pics ..of the ones from the group buy back in 2001
Note the gap in front and the rear..where rain can come in if you leave
you windows a bit too low.
In Hot weather, I crack the windows a bit so it wont get too hot, ie
the hot air will go out. if it rains then it gets a little wet but not that much.

ok posted the pics on this site>>>
digi is not too good anymore, its an old old one but
you can still see the gap

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/myardor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks for the link.
Yours are slightly different than Mooneggs'. His go straight back on the bottom, so the rear gap is much smaller. He said water never got in there, so we didn't change that part. The front is the same, and although it's hard to tell in my pics, you can see the original line underneath the clear modification. I'm submiting the template tomorrow, and if the stuff is in, they will start cutting. The 3M 2 sided tape should be in, in a couple of days, so, MX-3 God willing, I'll have pics of the final product up in a week.
One thing that may take a while is: They will be cut blunt, and I want them to be beveled. I'm probably going to buy a "Rabbit" plane, and do it by hand.

Whoa.. That sounds very wrong. :oops:
It's a small device with a flat bottom, and a blade that sticks out barely, and shaves off fractions of a mm, at a time. I asked if I could supply a bevel bit, but they didn't think so... So these will be hand finished with :love2:
If any of you don't mind a blunt edge, you will get yours right away. Keep in mind, it's only 1/8" thick, so you'd have to be REAL close, to even see the difference.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”