Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "fast car" (tons of pics)

Post by Mooneggs »

I received an OEM rear leather seat bottom for my fast car (to match the front leather seats). Thanks to Nd4spdse for giving me a great deal and going the extra miles (literally) to save me a ton on shipping! lol the funny part is that no on will ever sit in this seat... it's only there for aesthetics :roll:

he also sent me some heater pads that I may try to install in the front seats...

OH and I'm freakin tired of my neighbors... this is just one example of about 50 of bad parking jobs since we have moved in.... I'm ready to park both mx-3's on either side of her and block all the doors Image
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I got my leveling motors wired up as well but I fried both switches trying to install them blind without a wiring diagram... I also attempted to rewire my hazard switch to my rear fog lights switch and move the hazard switch to the middle big red hazard switch... after failing I have decided to wait until I get the wiring diagrams before I proceed :roll:

see my troubles here:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=63561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's pics of how the fog light switch looks before and after:

I also fixed a few interior trim pieces. I fixed the bezel around the cluster with glue and then I dremeled some new steering wheel surround pieces.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

So thats what's supposed to be in place of those hard plastic nubs.....

Thanks for the tips on the painting! One more follow up question if you don't mind me borrowing your worklog...

When you have to repaint them, do you strip the paint?

And the Altezza's look great even when they faded....kinda goes along with the primer theme. I will be doing alot of work on my car this summer and am getting excited to start a nice worklog. I'm too embarrassed to show pics of my car right now...hahaha. Lots of 1/2 completed projects that need to be finished...

Good luck with the wiring!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

onlytrueromeo wrote:So thats what's supposed to be in place of those hard plastic nubs.....

Thanks for the tips on the painting! One more follow up question if you don't mind me borrowing your worklog...

When you have to repaint them, do you strip the paint?

And the Altezza's look great even when they faded....kinda goes along with the primer theme. I will be doing alot of work on my car this summer and am getting excited to start a nice worklog. I'm too embarrassed to show pics of my car right now...hahaha. Lots of 1/2 completed projects that need to be finished...

Good luck with the wiring!
I agree with the fading of the altezzas... fades nicely with the primer LOL anyways no I have not stripped the paint just paint right over them again LOL - I'm sure professional painters, etc are laughing at me but I don't care! Mooneggs FTW!

you should post pics now in a worklog... have you seen the beginning of my cars? yours can't be worse than those! look on page 1 of my worklogs ROFL :shock:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

OK this week I have been working on reparing my CF front lip... several of the brackets on the pass. side piece started to come unglued so I have reglued that side and it is sturdy again. I guess I have hit more roadkill than I thought because there are surface spider cracks near the middle LOL :o anyways it's not that noticeable... gives it character too OH and speaking of character I'm going to have nice big scar from where the driver's side piece cracked in half...

I just reglued the crack last night and I think I'm going to glue a second time tonight then put a nother plastic brace behind the crack to prevent further damage if I hit something in that spot again... It's turning out better than I thought...

All the little marks either buffed out or I just used permanent black marker FTW covers up the scratches nicely and matches the CF... :mrgreen:

You may also see a can of WD40 in the background - this is to remove the excess glue once I am finished - it works amazing at removing sticky substances! (I just learned that trick this week)

mooneggz

Post by mooneggz »

Man it is going to be great to actually use the kitchen for food preparation. After all that is not the work bench in the garage! :rant2:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

the kitchen counter is now clear again :shock:

The CF lip repair has turned out successful! The glue seems to be holding well and I installed it yesterday. I used those Bell door edge guards to run along the top and bottom edge so the CF would not rub on the bumper.

I also put my interior dash parts back together... I've got the switches installed but they don't work yet :cry: but soon I will have wiring diagrams! :D

OH and I actually washed the car for the first time in over six months :o

man I love how the headlights look in this car! OH and for all you people who think the RHD pattern will blind drivers, it seems the headlights are universal because I have adjusted mine and I don't see it being brighter on the driver's side. :shrug:
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

You gotta love that sexy primer !
Nice job bro ... It's looks good.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I really want a set of those glass headlights...and that CF Invader hood.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Savin

Post by Savin »

suprising...but that door edge guard stuff doesnt look bad at all on your car...maybe its cause it matches everything or it just looks good in general. it gets approval in my book.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

thanks for the comments guys! yeah I had to use something on the edges of the CF or it would be disastrous! plus it kind of finishes it off... the lip is not sitting how it used to but I guess it's ok considering I hit about 4 different roadkill + bad driveways and such. It has held up well considering the abuse it has taken!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Hey Moon, did you have that CF lip made or was it available to the masses at some point?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well my CF work is a sore subject on this board... I purchased it all before I was a member here not knowing that the person selling it was banned from this board. It was a one of a kind deal for all my CF stuff.

if the guy who made it had gone about it the right way he was going to mass produce them... *sigh*
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

SNOW MADNESS FTW :D lol

Savin

Post by Savin »

Me thinks she? be having a siezure. it wants to play and go fast :mrgreen:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”