Successful Meet :) Hope Everyone Enjoyed it

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

wow so many plans on my very tight budget :( stupid brakes!
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

when ur west indian.... food comes first then cars LOL

i think if everyone brings a bit of this and a bit of that, no one will go hungry.. I was hoping we could make a day out of it...

It would be nice to meet the prez of this club.... and be able to buy a mx-3 t-shirt....

Also wondering if ppl from the west want to orginize a cruise in... possibly we can meet at trafalgar and 401 and cruise up from there???? any one interested?

Lots of thoughts in this post < LOUD TYPER, QUIET SPEAKER >
ImageImageImageImageImage
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

kp2t wrote:It would be nice to meet the prez of this club.... and be able to buy a mx-3 t-shirt....
we still have one of those?? or at the meet r we gonna point to someone at random and say "YOU" :o :shock:

as for the T-shirts, there are a few places we could probably get them done (remember it IS Toronto) if there's intrest and someone willing to photoshop something
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well if i have the money id be in for an mx-3 t-shirt or even an mx-3.com vynal to represent this website
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

so r the go karts there like actually pretty fast like would u have to brake for goin in the corners
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Krish, what's the number you got so far for this meet?

Where's your roll call?

Is there going to be enough BBQ's?

Have you posted maps for possible first time attendees/lurkers? These are the ones who may venture out on speculation but are not regular logged on peeps.

Have you told everyone that it's not completely necessary to BBQ because of the nearby Take out and Ice Cream place?

Have you contacted the Go-Kart facility to confirm that it will be open?

Will there be discount rates for the Club?

Have you considered that this may be a good opportunity for parts swapping / selling for those inclined?

Any other activities planned for or possible?

Is the planned site location going to be available to us?

Do the owners/proprietors know that we will be coming and the times of use?

Do we have their permission?

Has there been active soliciting of those that are on the contact list?

Has a formal invite been sent to Jeff - (MX-3.com)

Any Mazda Dealership been approached to offer gifts / prizes etc? You know, promotional stuff.

An assembly of cars like this that doesn't have the approval/blessing of the owner/proprietor could be faced with eviction even before it starts. If so do you have a back-up plan?

Big list, I know. Since you were the initiator of the meet it is also incumbant on you to assume the peripheral responsibilities. Whether you do it is not an issue but whether it gets done is. These are the makings of a successful event. A surface view is indicating that there's a fair bit of incomplete preparations. Still time to recover and get things on track but that will mean that you will have to rely on the assistance of other club members. Contact list - and perhaps people in close proximity could take care of some of those small logistical issues.

Advertised as "The Second Annual Meet", but it's looking more like a tertiary Wednesday or Sunday meet and not a full blown event. I hope this thing is recoverable in time.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I e-mailed Jeff about 2-3 weeks ago and asked him to come out to this meet.

Just leaving now (damn bell technician never showed up) .. I'll try and get on tomorrow morning to see what is going on ....

Someone please call me at 613-483-4570 if anything changes ........

THANKS!!
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
RTT

Post by RTT »

sorri everyone it doesnt look like i am going to be able to make it out....i was just scheduled to work so i hope to hear all about it from everyone...

Have fun!! 8)
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

so this is just in a parking lot somewhere on Van Wagners Beach Road??? what store is the parking lot actually for?
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

make sure to keep ur frs on ch.7

we shouldnt have any trouble with the meeting spot... the protege club has there meet later in the day i think around 7pm
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

krish doesnt know hamilton.... good glory needs to help with the directions... I am more of a mississauga guy
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

2nd annual meet is more of an attention getter... i cant see why we cant have 35 cars more often then once a year...
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i have a barbeque, i call it my K8 intake manifold.. cooks a steak in 4 minutes flat after a 15 minute drive :lol:

what a useful 800th post .................
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

as for the FRS channel, i thought we do ch 3 now?

as for parking lot, it's not a store lot....its the beach lot.

for directions, there is a prelim meeting at the carpool parking at trafalgar and 401 in milton. we leave by 11-ish
for directly there, get to the QEW, and just south of the Burlington Skyway (the big bridge after the 403 and QEW split), exit at Centennial Parkway (exit #88 ) and go NORTH. then turn left at the light, then Right on Van Wagners Beach Rd, and follow the rd until the 2nd parking lot after Hutches. if ANYONE has issues, call me at 416-521-5562 (i keep giving out my number for directions, and yet nobody calls. then they complain they didn't make it cuz they couldn't find it....common guys)

as for food arrangements, i just picked up 20 burgers, 16 buns, 9 STEAKS, 2L ginger ale. ANYTHING ADDITIONAL WOULD BE APPRECIATED TO COMPLIMENT WHAT I AM BRINGING.

any questions, call (i may not have an answer, but could direct to the proper person maybe)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

kp2t wrote:2nd annual meet is more of an attention getter... i cant see why we cant have 35 cars more often then once a year...
Attention getter???? In other words under false pretences?? Attached initial post - "Another major meet before the fall" It's sometimes best to say what you mean and mean what you say.
kp2t wrote:Looking to make another major meet before the fall... gauging interest for when and where, since no interest was shown in the last post. I started this thread to see the outcome of this....
ok the info is in... date and details belows
Saturday September 10th, 2005 at 12 noon in Hamilton at the van wagners beach!!!
This thread started a month ago was more than ample time to put things in order. If unsure to initiate and coordinate a major function then ask for help, direction and guidance. Little late now to be hoping that good_ glory can do some logistical coordination. Was Oscar ever contacted as to how he structured the summer meet? You may also remember how it turned into a bit of a let-down because of those small little items that were either forgotton or just not done, like the BBQ. There is no roll call and we already know the viability of using a roll call. Does anyone at this point and time really know how many are going to attend? NO!!!!!! Does this make a difference - hell ya!!! Having a good initial commitment of a number of members attending is always a catalyst to encouraging others to attend. Look at it as a snowball effect. Perhaps the next initiator will geta roll call going right off the bat and everything will fall into place that much easier. We're all aware of - "well it doesn't LOOK like it's going to be very good or much of a turn-out so I'm not going to go out of my way to attend" Sound familiar. Guys you left it to too late AGAIN. 4 pages of posts and how much closer to a completely organized event are we??? Perhaps those that intend to or wish to have an event in the future, plan on giving it the time and effort it deserves or is necessary in order to make it successful. In other words don't start something you can't or won't finish. It ends up letting a lot of others down and making them more reluctant to want to attend future events.
Rough count, I see about 5 or 6 attending unless someone else has seen posts of confirmed commitment. Sorry guys, need a miracle between now and say ... midnight. Perhaps next spring.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”