Fitting Civic Projectors (pictures)

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Fitting Civic Projectors (pictures)

Post by mitmaks »

so when do i get some made for me?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Taras

Post by Taras »

Any on the wall and down the road pictures after you align them?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Neil

Post by Neil »

Taking pictures at night is pretty difficult but once the headlights are alligned ill give it a shot. Dont know when i'll be getting them alligned but should be soon
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Taras

Post by Taras »

Make sure you use a tripod when taking pictures at night.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Neil

Post by Neil »

Originally posted by Gregory Christian:
looks great ! but I notice that only one light is on in each headlight ....What about the high beam ? I have mine all wired together so that when I turn my lights on I have 2 lights shining in each headlight ...for the ultimate effect , and it is not so bright that it will blind oncoming traffic .
We didnt wire the outside light yet (orange bulb) because i thought it was a turn signal? since the bulb was orange? Thats why only the Inner first light & Halo go on with running lights and than when we hit the high beam on the projectors turn on.. Or maybe we did them incorreclty because we were abit confused on the lights?
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

ya, night pic shots won't really reveal anything unless you set the camera exposure setting exactly the same.

I like how those ppl on ebay are always showing ridiculously bright pictures vs really crappy ones for the stock headlights. I could take a maglight & make it look like 10,000K if i set the exposure long enough.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

I'm alittle confused about how these lights have projectors in them but dont need ballasts? Do only Bixenon projectors need balasts? I really should read more about my own lights :D , hes the one who built em for me.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Neil

Post by Neil »

Alright well im gonna try to make time to allign them tonight. I'll bring the camera along and see how the pictures turn out.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
.... I could take a maglight & make it look like 10,000K if i set the exposure long enough.
Lol, 10000K is actually very dim...
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Originally posted by Didlin:
We didnt wire the outside light yet (orange bulb) because i thought it was a turn signal? since the bulb was orange? Thats why only the Inner first light & Halo go on with running lights and than when we hit the high beam on the projectors turn on.. Or maybe we did them incorreclty because we were abit confused on the lights? [/QB]
Are you saying that you hooked up the inner reflector cluster to your low beam and the outer projector cluster as a high beam. Traditionally, projectors are low beams and reflectors are high beams when used in combination together. Mind you, these are aftermarket headlights, so anything could be possible. Legally though, you have to have low beam on the outer portion of the headlight in the relation to the centre of the vehilce.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Originally posted by T-Rose:
I'm alittle confused about how these lights have projectors in them but dont need ballasts? Do only Bixenon projectors need balasts? I really should read more about my own lights :D , hes the one who built em for me.
A lot of projector headlights are halogen. You need ballasts only for true HID headlights. Hid also come in reflector housings like older Lexus and Acura. Reflector vs Projector is just the way to distribute and project the light. Halogen or Xenon is a light source that can be used.

Here is a good link for general info to clarify some stuff: Lighting FAQ
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Originally posted by JDM:
Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
.... I could take a maglight & make it look like 10,000K if i set the exposure long enough.
Lol, 10000K is actually very dim...
10k K is like a 130 watt bulb right? Our stock buls put out 4500-5000 i thought.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Neil

Post by Neil »

Im abit confused about which light is suppose to be which now so i made a little picture and you can tell me from there

Correct me on this please hehe.

[ September 14, 2004, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Didlin ]
lok

Post by lok »

hmm.. i think the outer one is for turn signal rather than running lights.. day time running lights should be the inner one and the middle is for the high beam i think..
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Originally posted by lok:
hmm.. i think the outer one is for turn signal rather than running lights.. day time running lights should be the inner one and the middle is for the high beam i think..
That is my unerstanding of the light also , I am eventually gonna add my turn signal in the outer port

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”