MX3's are unrecognizable to lots of ppl

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
thebonestockkid

Re: MX3's are unrecognizable to lots of ppl

Post by thebonestockkid »

[quote]Originally posted by mitmaks:
porsche is better than .."is that a neon' :freak: :2thumbsup:
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Taras

Post by Taras »

I was parked right in front of the Fairmont Downtown because my friend worked there. Car was all clean and shiny with summer rims on. It was dark. A group of tourists came out and started to look it over. One asked: "Is it a TVR?" I thought that was cool, because TVR's are custom built. :)
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

no word of a lie a person once asked me if my eunos was a porsche.

and naturally it is of course:P
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

Originally posted by []D s y []D h y:
ive heard Del Sol a few times... that kinda ticked me off
I too have heard Porche, Accura, etc, never a Geo Storm though, I think I would take great offence to that, almost enough to warrant a good game of smash mouth. As to is resembling a Del Sol, if you were remove the fish bowl window at the back and imagine a trunk line in its place keeping the sloped body accent it does look like a Del Sol, I was at one time going to remove my rear window, fabricate a trunk lid and place a flat back window that will operate up and down but then i took a look at the Del Sol, I quickly changed my mind as it would look too much like one.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Here everyone thinks it's a Toyota or a Nissan. Mazda never is spoken. But I have to admit, I thought it was a Toyota at first.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
DJ

Post by DJ »

In my town there is a Nissan NX the same color as my car. I find they look alot like the mx3, but more boxy and not as sporty looking.
I just found this page when I searched Nissan NX in google so you know what i'm talking about:
http://tekno4.free.fr/photos/Vos100NX/JP/archives.htm
mattashton

Post by mattashton »

A few people thought my MX3 was a Mitsubisi FTO!
I rock.... so you dont have to!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

heh, i valet parked my car at bellagio hotel in vegas and the parking attendant rushed over and said nice porsche as i got out.

porsche's involvement in k series mazda v6's
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ford bench testing, with very minor changes, showed the V6 to be capable of continuous running at 8900rpm - well beyond redline 7500rpm.
Both the 2.5V6 & 2.0I4 engines are engineered for longevity. The 2.5 engine is likely to be the longer lived engine subject to identical maintenance to the 2.0 engine. Mazda V6 engines are assembled entirely by robots, not humans, at the Osaka engine plant in Japan alongside Rotary engines.
Way cool!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

I had my oil changed for free at the crappy Tire Kingdom chain. The guy who changed my oil asked me if I would be willing to sell it.
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

Kaxik16 said>>>>>>>
no joke, i like having a rare car, even tho its dinged up and such before i owned the car it was my cousin's and i've seen maybe 3 other ones in the whole city of houston so far (and i mean in my life), like you said, it adds to the mystery

I say<<<<< about 3 or 4 years ago we had a MX-3 meet here in Houston, Texas. About 15 of us showed up.
There are 2 other ones in my neighborhood near Hobby Airpost. I do see a few of them ever so often and i do not drive much since i work from home.

I have both a 93 Geo Storm GSi
and
A 95 Mazda MX-3 RS but with GS parts, ie lip, rear windshiel/wiper/spoiler. that i took off a black on, mine is red so i think it looks neat.

Yes, i think it sort of looks like a 944, that is why many ppl ask me if its a Porsche. some just ask, what kind of car is that? I did shave all emblems from both cars.
i always answer, what kind do u think it is and leave it at that.
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

Unreal. I was pulled over last night for speeding the cop for some reason kept calling it a Nissan, he even wrote Nissan on the ticket. I even told him 4 times it is a Mazda MX-3 Precidia, worst part is he was behind me fully capable of reading the emblems on the lift hatch. Oxford County's finest, what a joke. I have a Nissan 300zx, what would he have called that thing had I been driving that?
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
DJ

Post by DJ »

With a help of a lawyer you could probably easily get out of that ticket then.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Actually...If you contest the ticket, your likely to get out of it. Cops are usually way to lazy to show up for a contested ticket. Not sure why this is, but I guess most people just pay them and don't contest.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”