kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Re: kulluminati777- Operation KLZE

Post by AaronTietje »

BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

At risk of bloating your worklog, driveway meet sounds good to me! :wink: I'd be down for a trip!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote: now its in winter mode...oh wait california doesnt have winter so this is 24/7 mode :lol:

I hate you......

Car looks nice and shiny!
I am done with the snowy winters for awhile. I lwas born and raised in colorado and lived germany for the last 8 years so now its time to take a break :lol: :lol:
MrMazda92 wrote:Makes me want to do "real black" paint... *drool*
The paint has held up ok BUT i want to respray and remove the little bit of rust it has...

Demonic1 wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:
Josh wrote:Are you hooking up with Wag? If so I can try and come by, hell I could even lend a hand :)

Yes I am! but with me paying up the wazoo getting settled down in america I had to push it back to maybe the end of january.
I say we make it a driveway meet! :mrgreen:
If chris is down with it we should do a classic KLZE driveway engine swap meet!! and if we got done early enough maybe a cruise :shrug: with 100000 pictures and a bbq and a ton of MX3´s......that would be LEGEND...wait for it.....DARY
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Why hasn't it been in the states for 12 years ???
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

WhiteFinish wrote:Why hasn't it been in the states for 12 years ???

A soldier bought the car from new jersey and then got sent overseas in 1999 (first date the car was registered) and took the car with him. The guy left Germany in 2004 (last date the car was registered in the army system) but before he left the car was sold to this Turkish car dealer off post that didn't want to spend the cash to convert it to meet TÜV standards so it just sat until i bought it in 2008. I then shipped it to California where I live now :2thumbsup: :werd: lol the goal is to one day ship it to japan so its the first MX3 to travel the world :lol: :lol: :lol: BUT technically arent they all built in japan??? so it has been all around the world already :lol: :lol:

Its a 1992 so between then and 1999 I have no history on it....i want to believe the same guy who took the car to germany in 99 bought it brand new in 92 so that would make me the second owner maybe :shrug: :shrug:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Weren't U.S. marketed MX-3s assembled stateside? Michigan, I believe?

I'd piggyback on that KL swap weekend in a heartbeat btw. :wink: If I ever find the right one. :/

I want to personally welcome you to the KL club! :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

If the first character on the VIN is J(Like mine, and all other MX3s I've ever bothered to check), I think that means it's made in Japan. Or at the very least the frame was made there, then it was assembled in the USA.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah I know for a fact 626´s, MX6´s and probes had the parts made in japan THEN the were assembled in flatrock michigan where now the mazda6 is made.....I honestly have no clue about the EC. I was just dreaming big :lol:

and thanks for the welcome. I know it will be a HUGE difference with the ZE in it. I had an MX6 (160 KLDE) in it and a Eunos presso (140 K8ZE) and thought they hauled a-- but to have a little more in a little bit lighter car is whoa.....im excited.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Well welcome back.I mean your car not you:) :lol:
When you have the time please take a pic of zx2 trailing arms.
Thanks
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

Glad to see you and your mazda back stateside...i tell you what though, i envy you westcoasters and your darned lets get together mantra...wish us eastcoasters did things like that too lol
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

DeadMaker wrote:Well welcome back.I mean your car not you:) :lol:
When you have the time please take a pic of zx2 trailing arms.
Thanks

Ill get those pics when my tools get here and I can get the car in the air
93DrunkMx3r wrote:Glad to see you and your mazda back stateside...i tell you what though, i envy you westcoasters and your darned lets get together mantra...wish us eastcoasters did things like that too lol
I know when I used to stalk the forums with no username it seemed like the east coast had more MX3´s and more meets
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

A few of us "newer members" dove in headlong, and are now obsessed. :lol:

That's why there's been a resurgence here on the west coast, if I'm not mistaken. It's quite nice, so many enthusiastic people with a shared passion, all working hard enough to keep the community alive. If only we could snag another 10 or so Oregon/Washington members who were as active, yeah? :lol:

More in California would be nice too, but the majority that I've seen aren't super active... OR/WA members make up a large portion of the active membership.

Hey kulluminati, any final word yet on the date for your CA>WA trip?
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

unfortunately not yet but i am SOOO anxious do do this swap though :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So while waiting for my KLZE swap adventure and my mudflaps to get here in the mail so I can redo my RSX lip I got a few templates from Ceika to see if my MS-01's will clear the entire set up. Judging by the templates it will clear with flying colors. I might even go with a slightly larger rotor. Right now I was going with a 4 pot caliper with a 286x26mm rotor for the front set up. If the rear brakes are as much as the fronts then I might just go with a mazdaspeed miata rear conversion. Which should be roughly 500 greenbacks. If the cieka's are the same ill just get the rears from them as well :shrug:

Here I just "tossed" the template in and everything looks to clear just fine :shrug: :shrug:

Now I made sure my hundred some odd dollar investment was going to fit :mrgreen:

Mind you I have 25mm wheel spacers that I have had on for about 2 years with no issues so that gives me ALOT more clearance then most. When I get the complete kit in my hands i will take them off then bolt everything up if anyone else is interested in getting the ceika brake upgrade.

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

You see i didnt completely cut the template because of the spacers force the wheels out that much. I just wanted to make sure nothing hit the spokes and the 15" rim would fit

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”