JOHN'S B00STED KL updated 15/04/12 (PARTING OUT) :(

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: JOHN'S B00STED KL updated 15/04/12 (PARTING OUT) :(

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

As I've said before, I miss my mx3 a lot, but I don't regret the decision. Just save the money for something special, don't pay off debts or bills or gas with her. Even when my life was at its worst I didn't lose sight or cave on that goal. I thought of putting in another motor and sell it as a running car, but I coudlt sit there and watch my car be driven around by some low balling kid. Mine needed more work that's yours, but I know I couldn't sell her for what's she's worth as a whole. Also her reputation preceded even its owner, so people would think its still mine, probably even the cops. Ya people knew my car and indeed I was a bit nuts, but that's me and my rep, that's not for someone to take over. She also ended on a high note, at her best, she retired with dignity and respect.

My rx8 was bought with 100% mx3 cash, so all of the work, blood, sweat and tears has transfered over into her, with hopefully her spirit. I knew it was time, but I get to start over on a clean slate, a new chapter with a new life, friends (family) , experiences and stories. This should be a very good beginning carrying with me all of my knowledge that I've gained from her.

You already have your suby, I had 3 years between the mx3 going off the road and getting my rx8, but it feels nice to get a much newer car, with a thriving community and existing aftermarket support.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

Guys your making it hard!

On hold for now! :confused2:
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

johnmx3ze wrote:Guys your making it hard!

On hold for now! :confused2:

Just dont do it bro, you have the garage space, you have a Daily D, i dont see the problem with you just keeping it and throwing money into it every once in a while and driving on sundays on country roads, you can even get driving gloves and shades like some old dude....keep it
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:...and existing aftermarket support.
Whats it like Mike? It sounds so great...
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

wytbishop wrote:
I don't know, I'm too poor, things haven't been going that well and parts for the 8 are expensive, but it doesn't help that I want to "go big or go home" and hate doing things twice. And the truck need some tlc before I start on the car, and do a few upgrades while I'm at it. Hopeing to finish the lift, which has been 3 years in the waiting...

Hoping for things to go well next year, if I can get promoted early...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

wytbishop wrote:
:laugh:

I bet it is an amazing thing to have aftermarket support.... oh a guy can dream...
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Josh wrote:
wytbishop wrote:
:laugh:

I bet it is an amazing thing to have aftermarket support.... oh a guy can dream...
I prefer a challenge, I just feel like having another car platform would be "too easy". :confused2: :shrug:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Aftermarket support is like having ebay pop up MazdaSpeed and international parts every time you type in MX-3.

The parts are there, ripe for the taking, assuming you have the cash. You'll also have 200 million extra knock-off items pop up, since the target audience is that much larger.

In a nutshell, you can buy it pre-made, but you'll have to pay for it still, and you'll have to ensure it's legit.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Professionally made bolt-in turbo and supercharger kits
Countless suspension components, some even used in actual professional racing
Carbon fiber goodies, some functional, some not, but now I can buy them instead of getting them made by a company that's no longer in business.

Just cause aftermarlet parts exist doesn't mean you have to open up the Canadian Tire catalog and order everything.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Do what makes you happy John. It's the only thing in your whole life that you truly have control over.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Professionally made bolt-in turbo and supercharger kits
Countless suspension components, some even used in actual professional racing
Carbon fiber goodies, some functional, some not, but now I can buy them instead of getting them made by a company that's no longer in business.

Just cause aftermarlet parts exist doesn't mean you have to open up the Canadian Tire catalog and order everything.
As I said, it's out there. :lol: You still need to pay for it, and quality costs money, whether you pay for custom or off-the-shelf products.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Any updates on what you're gonna do with the car?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”