kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's All show and no go....

Post by RobMinhas »

I do believe that you require a different VAF my good sir.

Maybe pick yourself a full gasket set if you want that extra bit of insurance.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

RobMinhas wrote:I do believe that you require a different VAF my good sir.
What? Why? You use the stock MAF that the K8 uses... :confused2:

Where are you swapping the motor? Maybe make it a weekend? - I would be willing to help out if I am free :welder: The NW MX-3 peeps try to help each other out 8)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

We could make it a mini meet, and swap both of our engines at the same time. :D I'd be an extra set of hands for you guys, and maybe I could benefit from Mark's experience a bit as well, eh? :wink:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Mooneggs wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:I do believe that you require a different VAF my good sir.
What? Why? You use the stock MAF that the K8 uses... :confused2:

Where are you swapping the motor? Maybe make it a weekend? - I would be willing to help out if I am free :welder: The NW MX-3 peeps try to help each other out 8)
Doesn't he need a JE50?
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Not if he goes standalone!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

kulluminati777 wrote:KL36 ECU
Yes JE50 is what he needs with a KL36. The JE50 comes with his K8 :roll: These are n00b statements people! :x
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Mooneggs wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:KL36 ECU
Yes JE50 is what he needs with a KL36. The JE50 comes with his K8 :roll: These are n00b statements people! :x
Sorry! My car has the right number of cylinders in it so I don't know any of this :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

RobMinhas wrote:Sorry! My car has the right number of cylinders in it so I don't know any of this :D
You SO didn't just go there! :lol:
I've got 3 MX-3s, and all 3 have the proper # of cylinders! :wink:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Ah right, I knew my k8ze came with a je50, didn't know the de did too. I only deal in jdm mx3s ;-)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah i double checked to make sure it was the JE50 for the swap and that i acutally had one. Im actually doing the swap with wagZE. Once the car arrives off the boat which shouldnt be no later then DEC 19th im headed up to kirkland WA. Then i will no longer be all show and no go :driver: 8)
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
kulluminati777

Re: kulluminati777- Operation KLZE

Post by kulluminati777 »

Just a few parts that came in for the Heart transplant....

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So i have just discovered if i want to even have a chance of a california beach cruising KLZE ill need to do the following during the swap;

-Use my old exhaust manifolds. The rear one has the egr pipe fitting.
-Use my old egr valve that is on the rear head.
-Use my old hard line (it runs from the rear exhaust manifold to the egr).
-Use the old intake manifold because it has the upper egr routing built into it (it runs from a port next to the #5 cylinder up from the head thru the intake manifold into a port within the intake manifold neck.
-Use all my 2 old egr sensors and correctly apply the vacuum to it.

now this is based off a DE manifold but im sure the K8 manifold is pretty much the same.

perfomance and street legal wont go hand in hand in this case. I can always swap the ZE mani if i was to do any autoXing or when i go to willowsprings. I bet all im losing is a little top end power anyway :shrug:

*EDIT I just had a thought, The american 2.5 millenia IM have EGR´s?????? There is one at the pick and pull right now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

You have a millenia manifold on your klze. The EGR route without a CEL would be to use the one on the rear head though, leave it wired up but block it. Any thoughts from others?

Using the EGR that is on a millenia manifold is probably not a good idea due to the clearance on our firewalls.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

wagZE is right.

The Millenia EGR will work, but is a PITA x 100 when it comes to removing the IM. The threads on the downpipe are long, and removing that POS without a ratcheting crow-foot wrench.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

crap, i also realized that i cant use the EGR off the K8 either because there might not be one. The engine is european sourced :crying: :crying: :crying: So i may not even pass SMOG with the K( or at least the visual portion......

If I could get away with it just looking like the EGR is there and block it off with a plate then im down with that. But i read somewhere my NoX reading will be a tad high. Maybe i could source a new cat and that will fix it up. Also resetting my TPS and putting the timing to 10*btdc is what they were saying on probtalk. Im not a member there i just stalk the forum for engine knowledge.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”