kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: kulluminati777's All show and no go....

Post by MrMazda92 »

My 94 seatbelts look identical to those... If nobody else wants them, I'm definitely interested. They're a PITA to grab unless you snag it before you sit down.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
JayoM
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by JayoM »

I can't remember which is which, but one of my imports has the white symbols on the trunk and petrol cap lever and one has the yellow. Ones a 91, the othr a 96 - I'll check which is which at the weekend.

The seatbelts in the V6 are like those too, I've never checked the two 1.5s. All the imports had those reachers.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well, I definitely want a set of them... :lol: Like I said, I hate having to grab my seatbelt before even sitting down!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

New discovery on my presso. Turns out it has mazdaspeed trailing arms. Ill strip these off get them sand blasted and powdercoated and presto more MS on my unofficial mazdaspeed project :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MS trailing arms on bottom. Stock arms on top

Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 28th, 2014, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Cool. How do ya know they're MS? Some marking?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

They are I beams. The I beam trailing arms are MS trailing arms or OE GTR arms. They sold a lot of them. You can still get them I believe through MS Japan. at least you could a year or two ago.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

So I have to ask, did you once consider spending a day and vin swapping your plates to that car and getting a body shop receipt made to indicate a front end swap? Just sayin...
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Do it!!!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Sleeper6 wrote:So I have to ask, did you once consider spending a day and vin swapping your plates to that car and getting a body shop receipt made to indicate a front end swap? Just sayin...

I tried but i dont have an entire day to spend. Everyday until i leave is a hour of free time here and there. Im not worried about losing a RHD presso/AZ3 forever because i know i can always get another one down the line when they are able to be shipped to the states unchanged for DOT standards if i shipped it now i would have to change alot and thats something i wouldnt do. Creating a half JDM half american MX3 is not an option as im selling the presso so one of the two cars would be ruined. Its all very affordable ot get another az3/presso later. I already got a shipping qoute on the car and it was $1895.30 according to transcar from there processing lot in schwienfurt to sacramento and if i wasnt already saving up thats easily a tax return :shrug: :shrug:

I took of the Eunos MOMO steering wheel and swapped it with a mazda wheel from the scrap yard so its still drivable. I gave the wheel to another member but kept the HUB. I swapped the MOMO hub off the presso onto the MX3 and i can not figure out how to install the horn. I look at the presso and the hub looks tailored to that car. THe hub would even work perfect with the lantis i got the donor wheel from. When i look at the MX3 there is a bunch of cruise control bull. I had a cheap EBAY hub before and the way i had it rigged was crazy but it worked. I have the MOMO hub rigged all ghetto too but you couldnt tell unless i told and the horn works BUT im wondering why didnt everything just match up. Is it because i had cruise control?!?!?!???

Speaking of the presso.....I have put my chrome 18 inchers on it as imselling the car with those wheels. Im giving who ever buys the presso a set of flower GS rims with M+S tires on them that have PLENTY of snow seasons left in them. I wont be needing snowtires in california. The GS star wheels that came on the presso i gave to a german friend of mine because i dont like the wheels and the tires were all missed matched summers....Due to the outcry on MX3.com i have decided to make my MS-01's my main wheel. If i do get another set of rims they will be 16" mazdaspeed MS-01S's. A while back a set came on ebay but i passed them up thinking i wouldnt ever want them and i was wrong :crying: :crying: :crying: I would ask the moon man if he would sell me the wheels that were on ebay but i wont waste my breath cause the guy keeps EVERYTHING he buys in a warehouse not to be seen or used lol so i will keep my eye on astinagt for a set BUT i been told im like #10 in line for people who want these things :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil

I hope i dont sell the car by tuesday because i still have to get the trailing arms off it I dont have a airgun here so it would be impossible for me to do it in the drive way as the bolts on both cars are crazy rusted. I have to take it to the "do it yourself" shop on tuesday and hopefully i get them off and swapped
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

kulluminati777 wrote:Due to the outcry on MX3.com i have decided to make my MS-01's my main wheel. If i do get another set of rims they will be 16" mazdaspeed MS-01S's. A while back a set came on ebay but i passed them up thinking i wouldnt ever want them and i was wrong :crying: :crying: :crying: I would ask the moon man if he would sell me the wheels that were on ebay but i wont waste my breath cause the guy keeps EVERYTHING he buys in a warehouse not to be seen or used lol so i will keep my eye on astinagt for a set BUT i been told im like #10 in line for people who want these things :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil
Well I'm glad this forum has had a positive influence on your aesthetic choices for your car :mrgreen: Also, have you not seen my worklogs, I definately use everything I buy... :roll: I've just been having a tough time deciding what type of tire to use on the MS-01S. I won't run them until next year anyways since we just hit the rainy/crappy weather season.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mark, there were a few parts I saw at your house that weren't being used :wink: I was eyeballing those lightup door handles pretty hard!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Mark, there were a few parts I saw at your house that weren't being used :wink: I was eyeballing those lightup door handles pretty hard!

:lol: :lol: :lol: i have a witness to my claim

I repainted the nose and had the grill sandblasted and repainted. I think mazdaspeed originally had this grill black because now i notice there is ALOT of grill. The pictures make it look alot more silver then it really is in person but i may paint it black. I will give it time and see if the silver fades a little bit. Im sad a little because now i cant see my oilcooler. I thought it looked like the Intercooler from the mazdaspeed MX5. :lol:

Now fitment for the lights hood and bumper is OEM like it USED to be a long time ago. The ebay projectors sit high i had noticed now. I will put some rubber lining around the bottom and side next to the fender to make it look more at home on the car....

Mazdaspeed A-Spec touring kit complete. I cant wait to get my Mooneggs brand hood then after a respray the car will be PERFECT visually.ImageImageImageImageImage
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

You should go with a flat or low gloss black on that mesh, and then route the air from the foglight holes to your oil cooler on one side, and your air filter on the other. :welder:

That's what this guy's gonna do! :wink:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

MrMazda92 wrote:You should go with a flat or low gloss black on that mesh, and then route the air from the foglight holes to your oil cooler on one side, and your air filter on the other. :welder:

That's what this guy's gonna do! :wink:
yeah thats actually what i was going to do after i put my A/C condenser and would have to move the oil cooler. Yeah i just may paint the mesh black but i will see in the next few weeks if this silver fades a shade or two in the brightness department.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sounds good to me! :D

I'll be looking forward to progress!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”