a bit confused about wattage

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: a bit confused about wattage

Post by wednesdayslatest »

yeah first person to ask somthing well to tell you the truth im stuck with putting a 110 amp alternator in but i need to find a way to mod the plug in order for it to work. but besides that im going to be putting it in soon i connect the speakers to the radio and i understand a lot more about this now already i know i got sum cheap chineese made bulls--- but hopefully it works just as good if i turn up the gain and it gets shitty then its shitty either way im not trying to make it bump crazy regardless whatever setting i set it to im not going for competitions and its only so loud you can do without getting the attention of the pigs ill let you know as soon as i get this straightened out i already got the alarm put in and unknowingly got DOOR POPPERS put in smh useless i need to replace the damn latches (oh yeah door lock/unlock actuators too) i need to get new tires and an alignment soon thats the next major problem other then that the car is pretty solid ive had it for like 3 years and put a lot of work into it (i need to do the exhaust system but no one has any real info for my questions) oh well soon itll all be done then i can focus on my civshit and sell that s--- its such a stereotypical civic, drives like s--- sounds like s--- looks like s--- but im going to sell it and make a lil profit from it in due time
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Elli
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Elli »

Sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. I'm willing to help out if you need any advice on the audio install
92 MX-3 ZE "The draggin' wagon"
Colt cams and bolt-ons
wednesdayslatest

Elli wrote:Sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. I'm willing to help out if you need any advice on the audio install

no kiddin i at least ran the wires from front to back not hidden but i dont really care right now i can hide them later under the carpet but talk about power block making your own or buying one expensive, i have a cap 2.2 its enough to power both amps thing is i dont know the first time you use it you need to do somthing with a resistor and i think i lost that resistor..... the cap is the only thing im not sure of yet. using a bolt/nut and the positive wires to make the power block for the two amps somthing about 6 to 12 inches it needs to be close to the amp so i would have to put it close to the power block (ill need to measure it to be sure) then the negative for the cap/amp1/amp2 only thought i had was ground two wires to the same spot one that goes to the amps and one that goes to the cap. or just use the one and connect all three to it bolt/nut for the powerblock/groundblock (someone told me torun the cap back to thte battery but the instructions tell me to just ground it somewhere) ive hooked up amps before a few times but this is deffinitly a lot of work and its been raining and the car has been getting rusted (needs a lot of body work but the engine and stuff is great i fixed a lot )
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
Elli
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Elli »

Be super careful with that capacitor and follow the instructions. They discharge extremely quickly the instant they find a path and can kill you. The resistor is to safely discharge them.
92 MX-3 ZE "The draggin' wagon"
Colt cams and bolt-ons
wednesdayslatest

Elli wrote:Be super careful with that capacitor and follow the instructions. They discharge extremely quickly the instant they find a path and can kill you. The resistor is to safely discharge them.

how do you discharge them and how can i find another resistor i dont know where mine went i still have the instructions tho

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”