My 1st MX-3 - NEW WHEELS & WINDOW TINT!!!!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Wooters
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: My 1st MX-3 (she is sick)

Post by Wooters »

BornSticky wrote:i dont think your head is blown, its probably when you took the intake off, there is a thermostat hose which pours coolant right in that area
that is exactly what happened. i got the engine done today and ran compression checks on my radiator for the antifreeze and in my cylinders. everything checked out ok.
RobMinhas wrote:
ninjajim4 wrote:pick up a KLZE in Chicago. Eric japan motor on elston. fixing a K8 is a big fat waste of money
Bingo, why fix up a broken motor when swapping one in is so easy? Especially because there is a good chance you'll want to swap in a better motor in the future anyway.
i do want to do a swap for the ZE but i dont know how much they run.
'93 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLZE
Wooters

Re: My 1st MX-3 (new wheels?)

Post by Wooters »

I'm looking at these 17's by FOCAL. WHAT ARE YOUR GUYS OPINIONS ON THE WHEELS?
'93 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLZE
Wooters

Post by Wooters »

I'm going to be running 205/40 tires. They are the same width as the stock tires and are about 1/2'' shorter on tire height.
'93 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLZE
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Honestly for ride comfort and as well look 215/45/17s are nice and the bonus is at 60mph your actually going around 63. Not a lot but any drop in RPM on the hwy is nice IMO. I see other factory performance cars and the fatter looking tires on them just seem to give the car a meaner look again IMO.
Gee these seem to be for sale and the price is right. :D http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77047
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Wooters

Post by Wooters »

Daninski wrote:Honestly for ride comfort and as well look 215/45/17s are nice and the bonus is at 60mph your actually going around 63. Not a lot but any drop in RPM on the hwy is nice IMO. I see other factory performance cars and the fatter looking tires on them just seem to give the car a meaner look again IMO.
Gee these seem to be for sale and the price is right. :D http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77047
Nice wheels! I like those better than what I found lol.
$250? How much will shipping cost? My zip code is 61447. I live in Illinois, US.
Last edited by Wooters on January 29th, 2012, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLZE
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

not too shabby. Great price.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I can check but I'm not optimistic. Back at ya.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Wooters

Post by Wooters »

Ok
'93 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLZE
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

eww cross border shipping on rims. probably have to send them individually at $70 or so a rim :roll:

theres no rubbing with such big tires dan?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

If you want to go aggresssive I would get the MS replica front bumper. In my opinion, the other "aggressive/combat" front bumpers are "insisting upon itself" and create a adolescent NFS wannabe junker.

There are parts that you just... won't get, and some parts that you'll pay up the nose for. For example, OEM full length sides are awesome, but... I'd sell mine for a couple grand. Not going to pay that? I didn't think so! hah!

A nice way to add a little flair is get some mini euro sideskirts, they're cheap and easy to get. Get the MS front bumper, and some of the ebay projectors. It'll have your clean, curvy body with a bit of that aggressive mazdaspeed look.

I think 16" is the sweet spot for rims. get some fatter tires on some 16" rims and it looks yum.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
ethand

Post by ethand »

Yeah, pretty much what SuperK said - I believe Corksport is having a clearance on their MS replica front bumpers, making em around $100 cheaper, and quite good buying.
Otherwise, try a JDM/Euro front bumper (with foglights) and add a lip, either a standard (I think also in the US) front lip, or the JDM one which is HOT!
I really like 17s on mine. Ride is a little too jittery/firm for my liking, but I think it's probs worth it - they just look that much better than the 16s I've seen, in my opinion. But at the end of the day, it is your car & your personal taste is what matters! Just don't do anything you'll regret later ;)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Wooters

Post by Wooters »

Well I want to do something with the body. I had my paint matched today and it is going to cost me $150 US a gallon. My paint is called "TROPIC EMERALD METALLIC". Where I am located, there isn't any other cars like ours around. There are more new trucks and beater cars. There are also some old muscle cars, but no imports.
'93 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLZE
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

damn that's cheap. I was told closer to $600 for all reducers and hardeners included.
Wooters

Post by Wooters »

Yea. I know lol. Originally it was going to cost literally double that but I'm going through my college so I'm getting everything 50% off!
'93 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLZE
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ya I was about to say, you gotts yer two part primer, yer base coat, yer clear coat, yer maskin and sandin stuff and finally any bondo, sandin puttie and any other miscellaneous sundays. So $150 is definitely a very good deal.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”