thinking klze turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: thinking klze turbo

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

SpatialTerror wrote: after this summer i might become sponcered depending on how i do on the 1/4 mile. so hopefully i get some finatual support from that end
You will not get any corp backing with a chineese turbo and knock-off parts. It's all about the brand. Sorry, but that's just how the world works.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

well i wont be running a turbo till after this summer when drag season has come and gone.
im just running the klze to try to get some support
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

I've been saving for so long. and I will keep saving. Soon i will order all my parts, for my k8. Play around with that, while i build up a ze. I've been searching on the site, to learn, and gather my shopping list. As of now i'm lost on the megasquirt(where to buy for k8, how to install,what not). took notes jon, its the first thing im buying :D . any help?
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well theres a link on page 2 for a megasquirt. it comes unassembeled. but its fairly easy to assemble and install.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

I see that been there before, just wanna make sure i order the right one.
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

im not 100% sure but i think this is the one you want http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/mega ... 93d085cce0
SpatialTerror
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Do you want the Megasquirt 2 kit or the DIYPNP?
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

Whats easiest. im not good with that type of work. just something to run wit my k8 later on ze.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well its kinda just like playing connect the dots when you assemble one of em. but theres not a plug and play one i dont believe. if your just wanting your basic setup and ur not goin full out racing. go with the megasquirt 2
SpatialTerror
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

There is a plug and play one, thats why I asked. I don't have Megasquirt yet, but I've been looking into it. You can get a Megasquirt kit and hook it all up or you can get the DIYPNP which has a microsquirt module and plugs right into your factory harness. Seems like the easier route to me. Not sure what the benefits of going with the MS2 kit would be over getting the DIYPNP though.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

Think imma go plug and play. DIY stuff like that is not for me.
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:
SpatialTerror wrote: after this summer i might become sponcered depending on how i do on the 1/4 mile. so hopefully i get some finatual support from that end
You will not get any corp backing with a chineese turbo and knock-off parts. It's all about the brand. Sorry, but that's just how the world works.
tell that to some of the mx6 forum guys, bunch of them told me to just do ebay, cause its fast cheap, and easy. lol, wanna pop my hood and start naming brands, not just, ebay. :P but much respect to the ebay guys!
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

In my research I haven't found any real dyno numbers, before and after megasquirt. Some people claim with bolt-ons and a good megasquirt tune, you can get 200whp from a ZE. Others say not to bother with it if you already have an ECU for the ZE, you'll only get like 5-10hp. Most ZEs make about 160whp with bolt-ons though, so if I can get 40hp I'd do it. Hard to believe you can gain that much from a tune. Anyone have some before and after dyno numbers?
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

MX-3zoom wrote:Think imma go plug and play. DIY stuff like that is not for me.
Its still a kit you have to solder and put together, but it just plugs into your harness.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Turbocharging is complicated. If you don't even know what the PRC solenoid in your engine bay is (let alone how to spell solenoid) how do you realistically think you can assemble a functioning turbo system?

Do a search for "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell and read it. Read the whole book, every word. Then do a google search for "Turbo Engine Management " and read everything that looks like it might have anything to do with what you're trying to do.

You don't just go on a forum and ask.."What do I need to turbo my ride?" People spend years researching and reading other people's worklogs and identifying their goals and understanding the principles and on and on and on before they ever start a project like this. Start with learning more about your car. Read some magazine articles about tuning and understand how the Megasquirt works and what it's capable of and what you'll need it to do.

It's super disappointing to me when guys come on here and think that someone will just tell them everything they need to know. Hang around for a couple of years and you'll learn a thing or two. Take some ownership of the knowledge you lack. Do some of the legwork and come back with a legitimate question and we'll all come to your aid. But this...I find it insulting.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

i completely understand what your saying. ive pretty much been told the same thing. and your right i dont really have a clue what im doing. i just know the parts i need and how to install. i know nothing of tuning. and well i dont know much of preformance.
but thats also why i started this post. so i can start learning what i need to do. and the knowledge that i need for this project.
and so far ive learned alot. but i still have a ton to learn.
i am not rushing this project at all. but i really wanna do it. it is a goal that i set. and i will not stop till i have accomplished.
and i am slowly taking every step closer. i spend atleast 4 hours a day reading on turbo set up's dos/donts. whats important and why people do different things.
right now im studying specks, tollerences, and the ups and downs to certian brand names. and trying to figure out a parts list that will be the setup that is right for me. i have found a turbo, wastegate, bov, intercooler/piping kit, that is right for the t3/t4 hybrid turbo. turbo manifold, and afpr. and boost controler. and the megasquirt 2, fuel rails, oil lines, and cams. and so far with all of that i am at a total cost of around $4500.00. and i have a friend at a local preformance shop who is kinda helping me do research. and to learn turbos.
and i do have one question though. where is a good place to get a head gasket. because ive herd some cars that come n/a the head gaskets on them cannont handle a turbo
SpatialTerror

Return to “Forced Induction”