Ajustable Suspension

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Towona

Re: Ajustable Suspension

Post by Towona »

joesmx3 wrote:anyone know where to get them in north america?
Iceracer might... he's in Quebec I think.

So would anyone recommend the ksport/d2 setup for a strictly Auto-x/track car? Should I get a different spring rate since my car is about 400-500 lbs lighter than stock? I'm running r-comps on stock suspension and got up on two wheels last week so I think it's about time I get a proper suspension set-up w/ camber plates.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

AST's US distributor is Vorshlag.

http://www.vorshlagmotorsports.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Towona wrote:
So would anyone recommend the ksport/d2 setup for a strictly Auto-x/track car?
I wouldn't.
Hendie
antispam: No

Post by Hendie »

How about 4 bolt performance strut mounts to go with coil overs? My gs has 4 bolt instead of 3 bolt strut mount? Any ideas guys?
1993 MX-3 GS with 1.8l v6, 5 speed, sunroof, ?hp 130ish
Stage II Clutch, Front strut bar, Ford Probe cold air intake(fit nice with all stock PC lines connections)
Chrome 17's with 150 mph Z rated directionals', Chrome Projectors, Clear front markes, signals
1990 audi 200Q, with a 1989 Turbo 2.2L inline 5cyl., 5 speed, ?hp 170ish(winter car)
1970 Oldsmobile 442, 455 (7.6L) V8, His Hers 4 speed(Not working on this till the MX is perfrect)

Photos at http://www.myspace.com/hendie131/photos[/color]
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Hendie wrote:How about 4 bolt performance strut mounts to go with coil overs? My gs has 4 bolt instead of 3 bolt strut mount? Any ideas guys?
Cusco makes them for the front IIRC.. Corksport sells them. They are fully adjustable for chamber and what not... but any performance coilovers ie ksport, will have a kit. They only kits out there that don't have the mounts are not worth buying.. such as dropzone and the like.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Actually Cusco makes front and rear camber plates for our cars. Corksport has them.

And AST coilovers don't come with mounts, either.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Just saw Nopi now has D2's in 3 different packages... never seen the drag/rally versions :o

http://www.nopi.com/dsp_parts.php?vsubp ... 20Coilover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plus with the discount code of 30% off that's not bad...
mrwhite
antispam: No

Post by mrwhite »

Does anyone know about the ground control coil over?

I was looking into them wanted to know how good they were and what struts I cud use with them
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

I have heard and know a guy that worked for a rather prestigous racing outfit and gave me some inside knowledge on coil-overs. So, here it goes there is only one company in the u.s that makes the basic coilovers and they manufacture them for a wide array of companys. D2 coilovers are the same as the following with the exception of color and pricing: ksport control pro, apexi n1, buddy club spec, megan racing, and tein basic. Its all the same package the only real differences is quality control and spring rates. He told me that there was a company that shock dynoed packages and said that these ones were essentially garbage. The valving could be at halfway on one and be at full soft and be a quarter and be full hard on another so making real suspension tuning difficult. The harsh reality to get a truely good set is get a set actually custom valved and spend about 1200-2k on a custom set specific to your vehicle. Ksport does this service and quality is really good if you do it this way and you get something custom tailored to your taste and needs. Ground controls are great but are limited to the capability of the strut. Hence further modification is required to use a better unit that is adjustable such as an agx, or illumina. So to purchase these units say $125 each = $500 plus a $350-$400 set of ground controls equals $850-900 plus shipping or risk quality with the aforementioned brands for $850-$1200 or just get a custom set. As I have learned in building/working on cars cheaper always bites you in the a--.
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”