KLZE pistons, rods, etc

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kast2L

Re: KLZE pistons, rods, etc

Post by kast2L »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:with 11.5:1 pistons they would of your timing is off
hey nd4spd are you boring it to 20 or to 40? A friend that is a mechanic said that may be a bit over board and that most don't do past 30 so just wanted to know what your plans were again.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

20 is common, you can even get MazdaSpeed ones but their DE compresion

Most people that have overheating issues are 50-60 over

I'm going 40, I think it should be the largest where if there are overheating issues, it should be solvable...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:20 is common, you can even get MazdaSpeed ones but their DE compresion

Most people that have overheating issues are 50-60 over

I'm going 40, I think it should be the largest where if there are overheating issues, it should be solvable...
Ahh okay okay cause I hear different s--- about it and thats why i wanted to get the block sleeved to help with the cooling, but people on probetalk.com were saying it probably cant be sleeved and shouldnt need to be sleeve, but i rather be safe than sorry. I know it would cost an arm and a leg but it would be easier on the motor.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Typically auto metric makers offer oversized pistons for rebuilding your engine at .5, 1.0 and 1.5mm over stock. a 1.5mm oversize piston equates to a displacement increase of only 89cc. It will have no effect on performance.

A 4mm oversize would have an impact on performance. That would give you an additional 250cc-ish. Add the Paeco stroker kit and you've got 3L easy.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

wytbishop wrote:Typically auto metric makers offer oversized pistons for rebuilding your engine at .5, 1.0 and 1.5mm over stock. a 1.5mm oversize piston equates to a displacement increase of only 89cc. It will have no effect on performance.

A 4mm oversize would have an impact on performance. That would give you an additional 250cc-ish. Add the Paeco stroker kit and you've got 3L easy.
whoa whoa we have a stroker kit for our car? I've been searching for days for one and haven't found one. Nvm i found it, god damn its expensive but i dont need pistons because it seems like that is part of the price or would I be better off just doing the kit through them but i dont htink they provide rods.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

IT is expensive and I've heard bad stories about their service. I read about a Probe guy that waited many months for his stuff. I exchanged a series of emails with him a while back. He's a smart engine guy but he doesn't know anything about our cars.

OH and you can get just the crankshaft for $1500 but you would need new rods. If you buy the kit it comes with pistons that allow you to use stock rods. kind of a trade off.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

hey i found some valves i wanted to buy on importperformanceparts.net and wanted to know if can buy the valves for a mazda 626 2.5, because the series for the motor is KL so i figured it would fit in a klze, didnt want to order it and be wrong and how many should i be ordering?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Yep, exactly

12 Intake
12 Exhaust
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”