car problems... help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: oil problem on my fast car! Help please!

Post by Mnemonic »

had this happen to mine, popped it out took some rtv and put it back in, let it sit for 48 hours, started the car up looked for any leaks, then went out and ran it hard, came back it was still working properly. Checked it for a few weeks after i did it and had zero leaks, car ran fine even when i sold it, its been over a year since and its still doing great from what i've herd
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

According to page B2-061 the installation link that cap is 44mm OD. The link that stereoking posted showed 44.08mm in the application list. I'm suprised that cap didn't fit. The plug should be a fairly tight fit requiring firm use of a hammer to install.

If it bottoms out when you install it you may have trouble getting it out again without removing the cam cap. However I think it would be fairly easy to remove with the cams out. PITA, but not difficult.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

if you by chance, did get it stuck use a drill or a pin punch to minmize shavings then hit it into the cap, use a bolt or a screw and insert it into said hole use pliers or a claw hammer and tug firmly should come out or use a mini slide hammer. mooneggs ia may have a surprise for you after work, my other source is getting me four of those caps for you oem staight out of the motors!!! i should be seeing those shortly if all else fails :o
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

stereoking15 wrote:if you by chance, did get it stuck use a drill or a pin punch to minmize shavings then hit it into the cap, use a bolt or a screw and insert it into said hole use pliers or a claw hammer and tug firmly should come out or use a mini slide hammer. mooneggs ia may have a surprise for you after work, my other source is getting me four of those caps for you oem staight out of the motors!!! i should be seeing those shortly if all else fails :o
This is great news sir! :mrgreen: I am thinking too that maybe we did not use enough RTV the first time... either way I can use the best ones out of those 4! I'd rather go OEM... I am just so scared to use these solid metal ones....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

ok so I finally got motivated to fix the fast car... so I rtv'd the 2 caps and let them sit for 48 hours. I go out last night and start the car up... I let it run for 10 minutes then take it for about a 10 minute drive - no problems no leaks...

I get up this morning and go out and try to start the car. No deals - it won't start at all! It just keeps trying to start, so I'm like what the crap, what has changed from last night to this morning?! I'm so tired of this....

oh and I had the keys in the ignition, I close the door and pop the hood. My doors do their famous automatic locking crap and so I'm locked out of my car... after waiting for the apartment manager to come into work, they unlocked my apartment so I could get my spare key for the fast car... bah :x :oops: :crying: :|
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I could mail you some high temp sealant if you PM me your addy. The stuff I have is two part and will last forever as long as you clean and prep the surfaces properly. Your choice, no charge..
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

maybe your hei module? maybe coil? i have a spare one of those!
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

here's the update:

after failing to start that morning... I went out and tried to start it again that same day after work and whadaya know - started right up like nothing was wrong...

Anyways, out of town at the moment, but when I get back if it's still not acting right, there will be a punishment lol... little does the fast car know it is being replaced (maybe that's why it is mad at me)...

kl31 klze on the way home tomorrow!!!! FTW!!! :welder: slow car will be the new fast car!
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Does that mean you might have an extra set of KL31 Cams you might be able to get rid of? If So let me know.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

mx3boyze wrote:Does that mean you might have an extra set of KL31 Cams you might be able to get rid of? If So let me know.
negative... and if I did have an extra set of those I would put them in the fast car... kl01 cams FTL :|
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I decided to drive the fast car to work yesterday... bad idea...

I got to work fine but then when I went to leave it would not start... just kept trying to turn over... tried it again late last night, then this morning and just a moment ago... no luck... stupid car

I guess I'll be working on it at work on saturday... LAME :x this car is really pissing me off :crying:
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Do you have any idea why its not starting? Disty problem or did you do the HEI mod? Check to make sure you're getting spark and fuel!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I have the HEI mod so my initial testing will be with that, then of course I'll check fuel...
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Sometimes its the simple things...I was having problems with my car randomly not starting, not turning over or anything...I thought it was the battery, so I switched batteries w/ my extra one and it worked fine, til one day I got the same thing...

Turns out my negative battery connector was slightly loose and even though was on the metal, wasn't making sufficient contact! Tightened it down and have not had a problem since!
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Damn that's some bad luck mate. Hope you get it sorted.

Btw, I was wondering if you tried asking for a Eunos 800 2.5L V6 cam seal? That should be the same thing. But I guess you got that issue fixed anyways.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”