[GI] Who wants Slim Visors? *UPDATE*

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: [GI] Who wants Slim Visors?

Post by Mnemonic »

ah i see your doing the hairy belly button mod to these
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Honestly black plastic ones wouldn't look bad at all - I don't want you to spend extra money or anything, but if there is any way that we could see a difference in what the two would look like, it would make decision making easier!
Personally I prefer the non transparent black ones I have on my fast car... there really is no reason you would even need to see through the visors and they are not in the normal line of sight. I'll try and take pictures comparing the 2 tonight when I get home.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I will take a pair of smoke ones and a pair of black ones if you have then both built. Why because I am indecisive.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
punkindrublic

Post by punkindrublic »

Black Set For Me Jesse
1995 MX-3 GS (black) stock engine... for now hehe...
MSfront... mssides... GS wing...
5" tach w/shift light... A/F, Volt, & Oil Pressure gauges in dash vents... front and rear strut braces....
WORK IN PROGRESS
rece

Post by rece »

black for me please
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Mnemonic wrote:ah i see your doing the hairy belly button mod to these
:lol: :oops:
I knew I shoulda flexed the abs! I thought about it after taking the picture. You should see the sweater I'm going to knit with the belly button lint from over the years.

Cool, 3 black so far. Well, 2, and a maybe. If I get 8, including maybe's, I'll do Black, too.

As for the eyebrows... I'd have to make a mould out of wood (concave, and convex), and heat up the Poly, and press it into shape. It wouldn't be hard (I used to do alot of carving when I made antique reproduction furnitue), it would just take alot of time. I think these would be really cool.. I just have to decide to take the time. I would certainly not make $$ on these, but would feel good about making a new contribution to the auto world. Actually, I'd make BANK, if I made the for Honda's, etc..
Hhhhmmmm.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, Mooneggs! That will be very helpful!

Once it's all figured out, I'll see if I can knock off a few $$ for people getting more than 1 set.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Black for me please :love:
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I'm still in just can't decide on black or trans... Mooneggs pics shall sort that out :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

It seems like black would look a bit better than the smoked ones, depending on how dark you could get the smoked ones. I'm in for black unless you can get uber dark smoked ones, or you already bought/have materials for the regular ones and it would be hurting you to change my order at this point. (since that would suck)
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

I have the set from the group buy a long time ago.
I bought 2 pair so we would have enough bought to make the group buy.
I still have the extra one in the garage.
I would say that I will sell the extra set for $65 but do not want to hurt this "sale"

I agree, on the front part, if you lower the window, then water gets in if it rains. That is the bad thing about them.

Our windows curve down so the visor would have to be made a bit wider in the front or something.

Either way, I have enjoyed mine.

I have since bought a RX-8, Shinka 06
Will sell my MX-3 next year. (Texas will buy any old car for $3000 to get it off the streets, ie pollution stuff but you have to buy a newer car, 3 years old or newer.

So am thinking of trading it in for a small SUV when the 2010 come out.

I had the MX-3 painted, put in 18 in tires.wheels etc. nothing to the engine. ( new radiator, battery etc )
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I haven't bought the material, yet. The smoked ones will be see-through, but not anywhere near as light as my sample pics. I do need a certain number of people interested in the smoked ones, in order to not lose money, but I kinda screwed myself by offering the black ones :oops:
I'll start over, and do seperate threads for each, after Mooneggs puts up the pics, and people decide.
Hey, Ray, haven't seen you on in a while..
It wouldn't hurt my sale, and I appreciate the input about the shape. If there's anything else, let me know, so I can make these perfect :)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

rayrrod wrote:I agree, on the front part, if you lower the window, then water gets in if it rains. That is the bad thing about them.

Our windows curve down so the visor would have to be made a bit wider in the front or something.
yes I told Jesse about this and he has compensated in the design to match the flow of the window curve instead of getting slimmer near the front (by the mirror)... it's not noticeable and should reduce rain getting in the window in the corner.

Here's the pics as promised - sorry I don't have that great of a camera and there was some mad glare going on :freak: ... anyways here's the 2 types of the original slim visors.

Transparent - keep in mind the slow car has no tint on the windows:

compared to normal glass with no tint:

you really can't tell the difference until you get super close that they are see through:

Non Transparent (solid black) keep in mind that the fast car has 20% tinted windows...

I hope this helps :shrug:
Xearo

Post by Xearo »

yummy, i'm gonig to have to side with black :) 2 sets of black..yea :)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, Mooneggs. You're a good friend.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”