SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Savin

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by Savin »

Dropzones are alright. I have them on my car but the back end sits up so much higher than the front. My car did sit lower, but on the broken stock springs haha. Dropzones will drop the car though, the front more than the back but it still drops.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

wow dude.. im still just majorly p/o. I guess im gonna wait till i can buy some. I aint really into cutting the spring. Is my only choice drop zones, for that kinda price? ... zx2 ebay coilovers dont fit our cars.. if any of you know any choices i have.. let me know please.. im gonna order some thursday probally. the wife is working tonight again, and i finally got the kids in the bed... now im just bored and cant stop thinkin about the messed up day.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Savin

Post by Savin »

now that I think about it, I only bought the springs, not the whole adjustable coilover set up. So you could just spend $80-90 shipped and get the springs (off of EBAY) or get the whole coilover set up for $115

coilover:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Drop ... 0234255670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

springs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Drop ... 0209133329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this probably doesn't help any at all but I might as well put the info out there.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Yeah those coilover set is what i was looking at. Im thinking about getting them if i cant find some other for around the same price. im just really puzzled on this man. how long were your springs?... the honda springs are like 1 ft long...
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If you care about ride quality at all...avoid Dropzone coil overs. My black 94 had them when I got it and they were the first thing to go... bottomed out hard on every bump. Very low, but very very hard. Soooo uncomfortable.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

SmoothMX3 wrote:Yeah those coilover set is what i was looking at. Im thinking about getting them if i cant find some other for around the same price. im just really puzzled on this man. how long were your springs?... the honda springs are like 1 ft long...
the springs on the dropzones I threw in a dumpster were like 8" tall max.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Bro.. what are my options... I know more then 2 people have used something other then dropzone?!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Hmm.. I wonder if I put my zx2 struts in instead of the mx3 struts.. I wonder if the coilovers would work then??...
It seemed to me like.. either the springs were too stiff to go down anymore.. or either the are too long.
Savin

Post by Savin »

maybe the springs just need to be broken in ALOT. I had a mustang and replaced the front springs, it looked like it didn't have an engine in it. once the springs broke in, the car sat down alot lower.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

But bro.. either way.. It's sitting really really high. Like proally 2 inches higher then stock.
Savin

Post by Savin »

you planned for a mud bogger right? lol I guess just wait and get the dropzones. they would be a temp fix i guess. i really have no complaints with them but everyone else really hates them. at least the car will be back on the road..
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Yeah... I was wanting to tuck the tires, pretty much. I know it's not going to ride ..perfect or anything. I wonder if the dropzones would be better then ebay bomz coilovers?
I dont have an ebay account.. can someone ask the seller if he knows for a fact they will fit and work properly?... no modifications.... if you will thanks very much.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

On that car I went from dropzone to ZX2 Tokico blues with Eibach ZX2 springs and the drop was perfect for a total of ~$750CDN. The most common suspension options involve either Tokico's or KYB's with any of the springs commonly available. H&R, Ground Control, yada yada yada. I really liked the drop of the ZX2's but I like the ride of the stockers the best.

You'll get as many opinions as answers as to which is the best.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

got a pic of what dropzone springs look like on stock struts?.. like how low my car would sit if i just got the springs instead of coilovers..?
Savin

Post by Savin »

Smooth, when i get home and if i can find a camera, I'll take a pic of what mine looks like. The dropzones are a direct replacement, at least they were for me.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”