Any tips? Im slower than any klze ive seen..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

10:1 compression cars do not NEED high octane gas even cars that have the ecu tuned for it dont need it
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

start another thread ill be happy to contribute
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

i think i should drive it ....hector, you never know, i might get a lower time....you gotta consider your motor mounts are pretty much gone. you need to remember your tires are not really performance as a matter a fact i felt them slipping pretty bad when i drove it .....in my personal opinion i think controlling wheel spin will make a big difference
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:i think i should drive it ....hector, you never know, i might get a lower time....you gotta consider your motor mounts are pretty much gone. you need to remember your tires are not really performance as a matter a fact i felt them slipping pretty bad when i drove it .....in my personal opinion i think controlling wheel spin will make a big difference
oh yes it does. get better tires and fill those mounts!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

fieromx3 wrote:10:1 compression cars do not NEED high octane gas even cars that have the ecu tuned for it dont need it
Go ahead and run 87, then enjoy the ping and knock.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Custommx3 wrote:
fieromx3 wrote:10:1 compression cars do not NEED high octane gas even cars that have the ecu tuned for it dont need it
Go ahead and run 87, then enjoy the ping and knock.
It won't ping or knock. We ahve knock sensor. It will retard the timing is it detects any knock. therefore yu won't have any power. Just put 91octane in it please.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i did go ahead and try it in my talon at 21psi of boost both our cadillac northstar engines and many other that are supposed to take premium and we had no problems u dont need high octane gas when it says u should..
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

To get the most out of your engine, use the recommended octane fuel.
max kl

Post by max kl »

ok i finaly brought the fail safe info home. if the ecm is smart enuph and working correctly the following problems will cause limp mode and make the car run poorly.
air flow meter code 8
atmoshpeheric pressure sensot [inside ecm] code 14
EGR positon sensor code 16
feedback system [o2 sensors ans ecm learning mixture] codes 17 & 24
air intake temp sensor code 10
O2 sensors codes 15 & 23
TPS sensor code 12
coolant temp sensor code 9
the limp mode is not the same for each code but generaly the ecm supplements the sensor value [like code 10 or 9 ecm would simulate a very low temp like -30 so engine runs rich and safe] and stops advancing timing enuph for good performance to keep engine safe.
like i prevously stated i have personaly witnessed 1 ot of 3 k8 ecms go into limp mode the other 2 did not.
both of my kl ecms did tho.

most of the time you will fell the engine buck or slow momentarlly as cel comes on.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
max kl

Post by max kl »

well i am currently working on another mx3 at my shop and it has a kf swap. whn the codes are cleared it runs pretty good but when code 69 & 16 pop up it runs crappy.
i checked alldata and there are serian codes that induce limp mode. the ecm cuts ignition timing and tys to drop output.
code 16 egr possitios sensor prob will set limp mode. but not all ecms are so smart. i have run several ecms and only 1 will set codes quickly and run limp mode. at the 8th mile strip i ran 1 second slower with the cel on than if i disconnected the batt and touched the cables togeather to clear ecm memory the car ran great untill code set again.
so im tryn to say the ecm may be cutting power.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

there are many cars that run 10.1:1 or higher compression that use 87 gas.

octane discussion should be taken to another thread.
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

FAYI: Higher octane gas does nothing different than normal octane gas in an engine that does not require it. Octane is a measure of how much pressure the fuel can withstand before it ignites (all fuel will ignite on its own under a certain pressure) If your engine has HIGH comression, then it may pre-ignite regular octane fuel, this is why high octane fuel is available...because it simply withstands higher pressures without spontaniously igniting. If your engine doesn't need it,..... then puting it in you car is like throwing money away..because it does nothing. High octane fuel does not burn cleaner, does not burn hotter, and does not burn "more evenly" You would be suprised if you asked around and found out how many people mindlessly fill up with high octane fuel...I have heard people say "high octane fuel makes your car last longer" or "it burns cleaner, or hotter, or better" when it doesn't....Im sure most of you guys already know this, but I think it is important for somebody who might not know this to learn and stop wasting money at the pumps....
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey, I founf out that it is a real ze. I checked and has flat pistons. Also I have code 69. I remember a buddy of mine has a ze and always wondered why it was a bit slow.. he has code 69 also.. I do feel as if the timing is retarted.

Rudy when you mdrove my car its nothing compared to how it feels now. More power. Correct ecu and propper vris points. As for the egr codes.. I will simply plug in the egr (not to the engine) and see what happenes. Same thing with the fan temp control sensor. That shoud clear those codes.. i hope. Im almost certain its in lymp mode.. The pistons are SO clean b tw.. excelt number 2. It has a bit of carbon.

I will try kl3 ecu and je50 vaf and see what it does.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

connected egr sensors but lweft the hanging, ecu doesnt give me those codes anymore. I did a 0-60 with spinning tires in 1st gear and i got sorta like a 7 sec. I need to fix the tire problem. Ill load the vid in vid section. The car feels more "peppier" I feel the pull.. sorta.. Ill get it dynod once timing belt gets replaced and engine mount.

end of thread no need to reply :) its gone long enough LOL
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”