*FEELER* Carbon Fiber WIPER COWL

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i tried the projectors but no one was interested.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hoodzy wrote:will it be a direct copy of the stock one if so i'd like the covers for the screws hahah as i imagine everyone is missing at least one

i have one gone and one broken so yah.. lol
Id have to ask Oscar about the covers, but I'm going to have a feeling that one might be a no.

As for people steering the topic off the topic, please stop.

As for the progress of the Wiper Cowl, they are suppose to be done over the winter, i haven't talked with Oscar lately but i will keep you all updated the next time i talk to him.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Bump to keep the thread alive. :D
iowa_mx3

Post by iowa_mx3 »

I dont understand why more people arent interested in the wiper cowl i think its a sweet idea. I think more ppl would be on board if they had a pic people are just that way they want to see what they are buying. Looking forward to some pics.

MX3 4 Life
illapino

Post by illapino »

i've never even seen cars in import tuner, super street, hci, sport compact car, pas, rides, hot rod, or motorbikes unlimited getting their "carbon-fiber-cowl on" ... supremely, i haven't even seen or HEARD of a carbon fiber cowl until this feeler thread tried to feel me ... but then again, the potential fabricator must be a trend-setter, ney? ... but just who oh who would really put down cash (let alone, palpay-palpay on an appearance item (that hardly appears) that will end up costing over $100 anyway on a forum whose constituents build hype and blog-like updates on projects that suddenly vanish like a murdered political candidate ... ?

:idea:
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

[quote="illapino"]i've never even seen cars in import tuner, super street, hci, sport compact car, pas, rides, hot rod, or motorbikes unlimited getting their "carbon-fiber-cowl on" ... supremely, i haven't even seen or HEARD of a carbon fiber cowl until this feeler thread tried to feel me ... but then again, the potential fabricator must be a trend-setter, ney? ... but just who oh who would really put down cash (let alone, [b]palpay-palpay[/b] on an [i]appearance[/i] item (that hardly appears) that will end up costing over $100 anyway on a forum whose constituents build hype and blog-like updates on projects that suddenly vanish like a murdered political candidate ... ?

:idea:[/quote]

me
yence

Post by yence »

Me too. I've already bought thee cf eyelids and radiator support. So besides the purchase price I also had to pay shipping and import taxes. But it was worth every penny and I can't wait for the cf wipercowl!
[/img]
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I would love one cause it would flow nciely with my Carbon Fiber hood. I think it would look great
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
iowa_mx3

Post by iowa_mx3 »

This is for the ones that think they are cool for bashing someones attempt to better the MX. My question is are you for the cause or against it? If someone wants to produce a carbon fiber wiper cowl let them and by the size of this thread looks like a popular cause to me, so Neil dont let these losers kill the cause you have a %100 support from me and i bet alot of others.

MX3 4 Life
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I'm generally a patient man.

I love Neil's other works, I know these will come out wonderful...

and with that said, I think this thread needs to be bumped back up to the top for a bit :D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Thought I'd update this for all the people waiting.

The cowls are ready to be made as soon as they figure out whats going on with the 4 mounting points.

I will post another update when i find out more.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Yah!

*Insert Happy Dance Here*
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Sweet, I`m definetely down for one.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
trupowermotorsports
BANNED Member

Post by trupowermotorsports »

that would be a sweet piece to have!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

If anyone wants to see a picture of what a carbon fiber wiper cowl looks like next to a CF hood let me know I can post some pictures. I have a CF front lip, hood, wiper cowl, power folding CF mirrors, door sills, interior handles, bezel, armrest, and ashtray. I can post pics if you are wondering what these parts look like in CF.

Return to “Appearance”