lambo doors

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

as i said before, when he first came onto ebay with these about a year ago, he was selling them for $450 including the 'heavy-duty' shocks. i wish he wouldn't lie and say he's not in it for the money (as said in a previous post containing his email replies) because he's making a killing off these things. he had told me once that it cost him $250 to make a set and i can't remember if that included the cost of the shocks, but nonetheless $850 is ridiculous. you can buy a new kit online for not too much more than that. whatever, good luck to all who bought these and i hope they work out.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

actually no you cant.. the only other ones go for $1700 and $1900 like the ones from Redrum Customs. and those prices are USD, so i'm thinkin this is a VERY good deal. well i'm still waitin on news. he said it's gonna be next week so i'll email him monday to see what's up. i'll keep u all posted
92 Autozam AZ3
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

we got a set for a 96 cavalier of the forums, came with some big azz shocks and fit well..i wish someone would make the same thing for same pricerange (800 dlls)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

hey sam. any word on those hinges?
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

ehhh still waiting on 1 email.. last i heard he was going to the shop to see if they were finished. this was weds.. so we'll see. i'll send him another email. i hate to seem impacient, but DAMN almost 2 months wtf
92 Autozam AZ3
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Although I am sure that Shea has a set of these lambo door hinges installed on a car somewhere. I seriously look down on his business practices.

I understand that it is hard to get a business off the ground in the beginning, but his business ethics suck. I have banned Shea multiple times in the past from posting on MX-3.com as he refused to pay a cent to MX-3.com for advertising space on the forums.

He continnually tried to post advertising for his product, and registered multiple times on the forum to do so. Each time he was banned, for not following the rules, and not contacting me for information on advertising.

He even ignored my instant messages multiple times.

Sam, I hope this works out for you in the end, for your sake, not his.

The above is only my viewpoint from my past dealings with him.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

:? yikes...

yea i know what you mean tho, the guy needs to work on a lotta things. first of all it's rare for him to email me without my sending him one first asking about progress.. and he takes so long i'm starting to get worried again. (it would seem that i havnt learned from my experience with Marsh) BUT i'm being careful about the paypal 45 day limit. :wink: i'm not waiting too much longer until i let him know i'm filing.. cuz it REALLY cant take this long to make some hinges!
92 Autozam AZ3
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Thats a bummer.. Too bad the guy is slacking.. he could really have made some cash in this.. I know I was hoping to buy from him. But even if your hinges arrived tomorrow.. I wouldnt buy from him due to the excessive time he is taking.. Hope this works out for you though Sam.

Tunes67
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

There must be SOMEWHERE to get a kit easily. I think $600 is a bit excessive for some hinges and a strut, but thats just me. I would buy one at that price though, as long as i knew my doors wouldnt fall off :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Sam Baker wrote::? yikes...
yea i know what you mean tho, the guy needs to work on a lotta things. first of all it's rare for him to email me without my sending him one first asking about progress.. and he takes so long i'm starting to get worried again. (it would seem that i havnt learned from my experience with Marsh) BUT i'm being careful about the paypal 45 day limit. :wink: i'm not waiting too much longer until i let him know i'm filing.. cuz it REALLY cant take this long to make some hinges!
Sam, you must either at or past the 45 day thing for PayPal. IMO, Sam invoke the 45 day limit now. You have done everything right on your part and Shea has not. He is responsible for his actions/inactions. By putting the time limit off you are enabling him.
Jeff mentioned what I felt and what I encountered in my personal dealings with Shea. Withdraw now, and perhaps it may be the catalyst for Shea to act responsibily, or maybe not. If his product is good and his (so-called) business gets established, then it may be less of a risk next time around.
-2 pennies-
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

thanks guys...
yea actually i sent the money on March 22nd, so i still have about 2 weeks left until i'd have to file.. but i'm going to wait another few days and see if he emails me, and what it has to say. if he says they're ready, then WOO HOO no problemo! but if it's yet another delay.. f**k it i'm filing. too long.. when someone buys something on ebay, they expect it to be shipped soon after they send their paypal payment! not wait 2 months for it to be made..

[/rant] :lol:
92 Autozam AZ3
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

jschrauwen wrote:
Sam Baker wrote::? yikes...
Sam, you must either at or past the 45 day thing for PayPal. IMO, Sam invoke the 45 day limit now. You have done everything right on your part and Shea has not. He is responsible for his actions/inactions. By putting the time limit off you are enabling him.
Jeff mentioned what I felt and what I encountered in my personal dealings with Shea. Withdraw now, and perhaps it may be the catalyst for Shea to act responsibily, or maybe not. If his product is good and his (so-called) business gets established, then it may be less of a risk next time around.
-2 pennies-
45 day limit? I thought it was only 30 days. Might want to verify that, while you can still file. I know Ebay is 45 days, that you can file a non received item.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

so i filed with paypal.. i'm still waiting for a freakin email from Shea. but you know i just couldnt wait any longer for him. if it all works out and he gets me the kit, i'll drop all charges against him... but until then he better pay up or imma be pissed :x
92 Autozam AZ3
Neil

Post by Neil »

Sam Baker wrote:so i filed with paypal.. i'm still waiting for a freakin email from Shea. but you know i just couldnt wait any longer for him. if it all works out and he gets me the kit, i'll drop all charges against him... but until then he better pay up or imma be pissed :x
Sorry it might not work out for you Sam :( I was really hopin things would work out with the doors. Hope you get your money back man
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Sam Baker wrote:so i filed with paypal.. i'm still waiting for a freakin email from Shea. but you know i just couldnt wait any longer for him. if it all works out and he gets me the kit, i'll drop all charges against him... but until then he better pay up or imma be pissed :x

Shea was posting a day or 2 on the F/S forum as lambodoorguy or something. He was saying that hes got a couple kits going out this week and is making a bunch more, and some other BS. I believe that the topic is "direct bolt on lambo door kit " or something of that nature, for all those interested. Again, good luck Sam
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “Appearance”