Pros + Cons

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DJ

Post by DJ »

Pros:
awsome looking car, really fun to drive, other than normal wear items like brakes no problems at all. Kinda of a rare car (specially GS) so it still turns heads.

Cons (well depends on your age if this is a con or not):
The GS is NOT cheap on insurance. I remember doing quotes with insurance companies and for me to insure the car under my name was around $5500cdn a year (with driving training discount). And I believe I quoted an RS just to see the difference in insurance and it was a couple grand cheaper if I remember correctly.

Another con is people stopping you on the street, in parking lots and gas station to ask you questions about the MX-3GS because they have no clue wtf it is. When you are coming back out from a store heading for your car you will see people walking to the back of it to look for the make of the car because they can't tell from the old mazda logo on the front. LEAVE ME ALONE PEOPLE! I GOT STUFF TO DO!

Another con is everyone trying to race you. Everytime I go to kingston to see a movie, EVERY single stop light im at there is some dude trying to race me, doesnt matter if they are driving a civic, caravan, a windstar with a family in it or a blazer, they want to race you for some reason. And my car is stock, its not like I have a huge fartpipe and stereo which screams "young dumb kid who will race his moms car". Btw, the blazer held up better than any civic or sunfire, I found that quite funny.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I would call it cheap, when i first got her i was paying $216/month full coverage under my own name, but last year when i turned 23 she dropped down to $156/month. Ironicly my friend just bought a Festiva, and is paying $255/month, he's a few months younger than me. My sister (who's 20yrs) 1993 Prelude cost her aboutg $260month, all these are in Canadian prices of course
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

what insurance company are you with?? when i was looking for insurance quotes i tried using a few of those online quote sites, and was getting prices around $9-10,000/year. lol
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

OMG!!!

McAvoy Belan & Campbell Insurance & Financial Services Ltd Phone: (905)834-3666

350 King Street, Port Colborne, ON L3K 4H3
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Online quotes are a waste of time. I was quoted 10k as well - I wrote Geico and told them I'd rather buy a Porsche, lol. As for my insurance. Single white male, 24, title in my name, full coverage, Nationwide: $130 a month. Good thing they don't know it's got a bigger engine now. :D
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

masonholmes wrote:Online quotes are a waste of time. I was quoted 10k as well - I wrote Geico and told them I'd rather buy a Porsche, lol. As for my insurance. Single white male, 24, title in my name, full coverage, Nationwide: $130 a month. Good thing they don't know it's got a bigger engine now. :D
But if they read this, Mason.........
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”