Fitting Civic Projectors (pictures)

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
lok

Re: Fitting Civic Projectors (pictures)

Post by lok »

wow.. they really look too huge.. not really nice... or maybe he should cut the housing and the lens rather than just cutting the bumper and the fenders...
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Originally posted by lok:
wow.. they really look too huge.. not really nice... or maybe he should cut the housing and the lens rather than just cutting the bumper and the fenders...
my thoughts exactly
Neil

Post by Neil »

Update guys!

Alright well we started cutting the bumper to make it!!
:) The next step will be Sealing the lights & Wiring them!

<small>[ September 12, 2004, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Didlin ]</small>
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

looks awesome :2thumbsup: definately FAQ material.. but babybluemx3 is so right... this is gonna be almost as bad as altezzas now with all these how-to's.
BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

Looks awesome man. By the way. Nice neighborhood. I wish I had trees like that. Nice and cool shade. And for the altezza comparison. Probably will happen, but if they make my car look better and I like them. I'll do it.

<small>[ September 10, 2004, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: SilviaMx3 ]</small>
Mx-3's rule
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Originally posted by bmwm3guy:
looks awesome :2thumbsup: definately FAQ material.. but babybluemx3 is so right... this is gonna be almost as bad as altezzas now with all these how-to's.
this is true but man the lighting is so much better, and this really isnt a look thing (thats just a bonus) better lighting is always a plus!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

yea, Im gonna be starting some aesthetic projects this winter and this will definately be one of them. As for how the wiring goes... What are some necessary modifications to get the wiring right?
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

I just cut off the mx-3 bulb sockets and wired the projectors by rewiring all Neg(-) to Neg(-) and Pos(+) to Pos(+) and all is fine . I havent wired a turn signal bulb in the outer port of headlight as of yet
jplar

Post by jplar »

Not to take the focus away from the headlights, but on your cardomain page I saw that you repainted your wiper arms. I was wondering what kind of paint you used.

Props on the headlight conversion, they look awesome and give hope to the rest of us MXers about our own cloudy ones.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I already started hacking and slashing away at my housings. Got one of them shrunk down so far. I'm going to try to test-fit them tommorrow morning after I remove my bumper, but i'm not gonna trim my bumper no matter what since its fiberglass and I don't want to reduce its integrity.

Didlin: What did you do to secure the headlights from rattling/moving around? which points on the housing did you use to secure them? I bought some metal bracket stock (the stuff with the holes) that you can cut & bend to size.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Neil

Post by Neil »

Alright guys well its all done, the sealing the wiring the mounting.

Bracket#1

Bracket#2

Note we didnt cut off the bottom back side Projector mount as you can see, its the only mount we kept.

What did we do for the lighting? Well we did excattly what Greg said and it worked out fine! " rewire all Neg(-) to Neg(-) and Pos(+) to Pos(+) and all is fine"

How did we seal the lights? Well we used some Transparent Glass & Window Interior/Exterior Silicone!

And for the finished product!

The only thing left to do is get the lights aligned because they're pretty bad right now but thats easy! I hope this helps you all guys and if you want to use it in the FAW go right ahead. Vote on my cardomain site please everyone i really want that 5th star!!
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
lok

Post by lok »

very nicely done... should be in the faq... can u put more pics up to show the visibility at night...?.. thx..
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

:2thumbsup: Well done! Looks great and thanks for going to the trouble to keep us all updated so quickly!
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

looks great ! but I notice that only one light is on in each headlight ....What about the high beam ? I have mine all wired together so that when I turn my lights on I have 2 lights shining in each headlight ...for the ultimate effect , and it is not so bright that it will blind oncoming traffic .

<small>[ September 12, 2004, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: Gregory Christian ]</small>
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

awsome work man, you got my vote :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”