drag launching rpms's

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
rebel2k4

Re: drag launching rpms's

Post by rebel2k4 »

Originally posted by curve:
that is an old list of some of the things done to it. It know has a 5 angle valve job. Ported and polished heads. cams have been reground. Titanium valves and springs. Its make 275 cranck hp off the bottle and 400 chp on it.
Hmmm.... streetthismx6 had just about every mod possible, cams, high comp pistons, etc. and only put down 196 whp....
Not saying that it cant be done, just saying streethis is the highest HP I have heard of n/a from a KL. Got a dyno chart? Id be curious to see the curves as well.

Whatever the case may be, nice times. Do you ever have troubles keeping trannies together? What 60' do you run?

If you ask me, turbo is the way to go. I bet I built my kit for less than you spent on your heads with cams.

<small>[ July 20, 2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: rebel2k4 ]</small>
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
curve

Re: drag launching rpms's

Post by curve »

Well my 345 whp is from spraying but I will have a new dyno chart soon and also a new quarter mile drag sheet. But my last time I ran was with a 1.9 60 ft. When I get the new numbers I will post them.
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”