Building up a 1.8 v6...anyone done it?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Manach

Re: Building up a 1.8 v6...anyone done it?

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
well i really dont have a goal right now LOL!! Im just taking in different ideas...I would love to swap but i just cant justify getting rid of my current engine since its still running beautifully..I mean if i had money to swim in I would do the swap in an instant....ahhhh i dunnooooo maybe ill just keep my car the way it is and have more money for gas :) <hr></blockquote><p>You need a goal then :) Styling your car out can be one.. Or keeping it in shape for as long as you want!<p>Seriously, building engine is to race them, or at least, make minor upgrade to let you enjoy it more! You should really consider swapping if you'll be going offroad.. especialy if you got lots of those bills and tickets you need to pay off ;) <p>With power come great responsability.. Either as power in real life, or on the road.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
chance

Post by chance »

I got a TB off a 626, i don't know what year though. It bolted right up.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
<p>In my original post i think i mentioned mods that have nothing to do with internals(which would include pistons, which would have to be changed if it were to be bored to a 2.2)<p>On another note: wow he did all of that work to the k8 and got 127 hp??? That is horrible...I imagagine dropping a grand into the klde and THEN doing those mods would be the way to go....or if youve really got cash to throw around start out with a klze....oh well...anyways thanks guys that what i was looking for.<p>[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]<hr></blockquote><p>I sure hope you weren't thinking i only got 127hp out of my 2.2L...... try doubling that.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SE-Man:
<p>I sure hope you weren't thinking i only got 127hp out of my 2.2L...... try doubling that.<hr></blockquote><p>...and subtracting 100?<p>Do you have any evidence for 250whp+ out of a 2.2L K series?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”