Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
carizle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/16 powdercoated r

Post by carizle »

kulluminati777 wrote:where did you get that beefy rear strut bar
I believe its a Corksport bar.

Wheels turned out nice! Might have to do that to mine. After I get em straightened :lol:
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

98 Mustang Gt-convertible, bolt-ons and SCT race tune-Cams and 4.10 gears coming soon
SOLD-92 GS beater-280,000 miles and still goin strong-HEI mod
SOLD-91 Explorer XLT 4x4-never let me down, at least when I can afford to fill it up
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/23 stealth lights

Post by Mooneggs »

Sooo I have completed the rest of my "darker" look. I painted the corners of the inside piece of my headlamps as well as painted the inside of the front turnsignals. The look I was going for was transparent and dark underneath vs. just tinting. I think this gives it a more unique look than just tinting stuff for a darker effect.

I used the same process here for the painting: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64674

I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Been thinking about this look for a while and I'm glad I finally got it done! Final step is a fresh coat of primer and it will all look good :D

I also had to go to the muffler shop today as one of my hanger supports broke off the main pipe and my exhaust was moving around too much!

I also was sorting through all my emblems/badges... I'm getting close to figuring out how I want to badge the cars... Also the MazdaCat got an upgrade too! :o :shock:

I was also test fitting my MazdaSpeed bung to hold up the shifter boot. Since I'm using a Pacesetter SS it doesn't fit right without me having to modify it (the marker line is where it needs to be)... maybe I'll get to that sometime...
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Nice work on the lights Mark !

What is this MazdaSpeed bung? What does it do?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

WhiteFinish wrote:Nice work on the lights Mark !

What is this MazdaSpeed bung? What does it do?
mazdaspeed bung goes is a performance plug for the bung hole...
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

so jealous of the no smoking cig lighter... I wanted one of those like forever ago. It was so long ago that i had forgotten until now. :) nice work as always
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

very nice moon. share some of the badges with us lol.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 5/1 CF Hood

Post by Mooneggs »

Have you noticed I've been working on my car more... well spring has finally arrived in Oregon :D :welder:

OK this week I went and picked up a CF hood I had been trying to get from cjthor for a couple years and he finally decided to part with it... you can't get this type any more and will never be able to again! :o :shock:

I ordered some Aerocatch locking flush hood pins... I was tired of how the cheapo surface clips looked and worked. Although it took me a long time to measure and get everything right, I am incredibly happy with the finished product and operation of these pins!

The hood's supports sit much lower than OEM, so I had to remove my MazdaSpeed strut bar until I decide if I want to dremel through the supports or not :? I also had to build a different CAI since the pipe position I had before was touching the hood as well - this was good since I wanted to use the PRM intake anyways. I also had to modify the brake check valve hose to the master cylinder since it was sitting too high... but other than that everything fit great :lol: The vents are in the perfect position and you can see my gold MS oil cap now :mrgreen:

I was supposed to attend an autocross event today and got the hood and everything installed yesterday... on the way back from church this morning, the rear cam seal decided to blow out on me and I lost about a quart of oil in 5 miles or so. :crying: I'm really thankful it happened then instead of later at the event! So I took off the back portion of the timing cover, took out the seal, cleaned it up, lightly sanded the surface, added new high temp RTV, then added a bracket to help keep it in place while it dries (and maybe prevent this from happening again).

So since I can't drive anywhere today, I also decided to cut out the middle support on the front bumper... this car is really starting to look incredibly aggressive... the only last thing I need to do is add the rubber surrounds for the hood to fill in the gap around the top of the headlamps.

solo_ryder

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 5/1 CF Hood + big m

Post by solo_ryder »

Lookin good! Maintenance getting done always feels good. I am impressed with the fitment of the hood as well
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 5/1 CF Hood

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs wrote:The hood's supports sit much lower than OEM, so I had to remove my MazdaSpeed strut bar until I decide if I want to dremel through the supports or not :? I also had to build a different CAI since the pipe position I had before was touching the hood as well - this was good since I wanted to use the PRM intake anyways. I also had to modify the brake check valve hose to the master cylinder since it was sitting too high... but other than that everything fit great :lol: The vents are in the perfect position and you can see my gold MS oil cap now :mrgreen:
After all these years FINALLY someone who has roughly the same issues as mine! lol! Ya, mine hit part of the IM, and also the wires coming from the top nipples on the disty. Technically it sat on the strut bar, but I just closed it on it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I could never fit a strut bar on my silver car, never fit. Would hit the hood, modded or not. Was a flat bar too
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ha, your shifter boot bung is fancier than mine. I used a black rubber stopper from one of my wine making carbouys. Fits the shaft perfectly and is just larger than the boot opening. I really like those CF hoods but haven't found one for sale within driving distance. You were lucky to find it. Those hood latches look sweet as well. :2thumbsup:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

solo_ryder wrote:I could never fit a strut bar on my silver car, never fit. Would hit the hood, modded or not. Was a flat bar too
I think it would of fit OK if I didn't have the spacers to clear the ZE IM.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

hood pins looking good!!!

i had the exact same pins but i was too scared to fcku up my hood installing them... but seems like you did some nice work...

could you post a pic of under the hood too see how the pins are mounted!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

thanks guys! John I was incredibly terrified to cut those big holes in the hood, and I was even more scared when I almost couldn't figure out how to get the exact same angle on the other side (it's a weird angle). The problem too was I was trying to use holes that were already in the car from when I had the invader style cf hood. I don't have close up pics from underneath because it doesn't look that great :oops: Take a look at the pics above and you can kind of see how it turned out underneath... Getting the little nuts and washers on from underneath was the hardest part by far.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i think it looks way nicer with the mouth cut out, nice job!
i'm personally a huge fan of the invader hood, i think it follows the hood lines nicely

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”