kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
JayoM
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's All show and no go....

Post by JayoM »

Looks great on the track man! How was it going around with the k8?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

JayoM wrote:Looks great on the track man! How was it going around with the k8?
thanks bro i figure the mazdaspeed gear needs to finally see a track.I plan on going again in a month or 2 again but it was pretty fun even with the K8. I didnt think the K8 was going to keep up the pace but i had better corning speeds then alot of cars out there it was the straight aways is where i got dusted and then would have to play ketchup in the corners. I cant wait to get a ZE. Also mind you it was a 3 hour drive there and i still had a 3 hour drive home and the "green hell" was very demanding already. Im actually proud of the K8 surviving. My check engine light came on when i was already almost there but driving HARD around the track and driving home it didnt come on. Ill look for codes tomorrow but i thought that was a little weird :shrug:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

At least the K8 got to go around the 'Ring before ya whip it out.

Are you getting a ZE while you're in Europe or waiting to get back to the States? I wouldn't mind a trip to the 'Ring sometime over the next year after my ZE goes in. Would make for a pretty epic road trip!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

JayoM wrote:At least the K8 got to go around the 'Ring before ya whip it out.

Are you getting a ZE while you're in Europe or waiting to get back to the States? I wouldn't mind a trip to the 'Ring sometime over the next year after my ZE goes in. Would make for a pretty epic road trip!

no im not getting it till i get to the states when the car gets off the boat (i worked a deal with the KLZE guru, wagZE) yeah that would be a cool trip its worth it though IMO. The only thing i hated this time was there was ALOT of people and ALOT of retards taking a turn with no suspension mods and running off the track into the wall. That would cause the track to close for like 45 minutes each time it happened
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

just a few more race day photos i found

Me leaving a heavily modified corvette behind. I guess he couldnt handle the power of the mazdaspeed sports factory :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by kulluminati777 on June 28th, 2014, 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

kulluminati777 wrote:Me leaving a heavily modified corvette behind. I guess he could handle the power of the mazdaspeed sports factory :lol: :lol: :lol:

it kinda looks like your making this face lol
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: i was scared and having fun at the same time, i think i am making that face. That was the first time i took a turn that tight at 120km/h. It was crazy, but i hope to go back in a few weeks with the new tires i got which are really sticky but still street legal radials. It will only be crazier next time 8) :driver:
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

jealous... nuff said! :shock: :freak: :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I just got around to posting a sound clip of the Mazdaspeed sports sound muffler on the K8. There is a guy over here in germany running the muffler on a ZE and it sounds about the same. This last saturday we put it on the dyno at SPS motorsports (german mazda tuning shop) and it was 10.9hp with no exhaust on at all and 8.5hp with the MX3 mazdaspeed muffler. There seems to be no difference in ANY of the MS backboxes, the only differences is the shape and where it mounts on each car. So i guess ill be keeping my original exhaust when i swap :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Sound clip here>http://youtu.be/2hg22cSxOWY
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i need clarification, 10.9hp? 8.5hp?
is this on a lawn mower engine?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: no it was on a KLZE he has in his Mazda MX6 he already had numbers of when he first swapped to his rebuilt ZE and still had the OEM MX6 exhaust which he said was around 160hp. We ran the car on the dyno with no exhaust at all and it pulled 172hp/160lbs tq @ 7000rpms at the wheels and with my MS backbox it pulled 168hp so i thought that was something cool i wanted to share :shrug: . P.S. my K8 pulled 120hp but she has bad piston rings and 207,000 miles :shrug:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

ohhh ok, that's pretty good actually.
any idea what he pushes with an aftermarket exhaust?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

No he didnt have one yet. But he said headers, cat back, the whole 9 was still to come next month :welder:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kulluminati777 wrote:my K8 pulled 120hp but she has bad piston rings and 207,000 miles
That's pretty good considering it's rated for 130hp at the crank, which you technically only lost an 8% through the drivetrain....
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on September 10th, 2012, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:my K8 pulled 120hp but she has bad piston rings and 207,000 miles
That's pretty good considering it's rated for 130hp at the crank, which you technically only an 8% through the drivetrain....
wow! thats surprising! I thought that was awful for a K8, i thought "damn my car cant even pull stock", but IMO the K8 is the biggest waste of metal ever as far as speed or HP goes but the engine is pretty bullet proof for long distance and DD applications The K8's made it ALL around the country side and hilly mountain side alps of europe with no issues and im speaking from TWO different 200,000+ power plants. I take really great care of the engine since i had it put in 2 years ago and it was from a 1998 that got rear ended on the autobahn (needed a new one quick and a ZE wasnt available) I have the MS backbox but i was told the original exhaust manifolds are pretty well designed so i never considered headers. My cat is hollowed out but im going to have to get a new one moving to california and all (some of the MOST strict emissions) I use royal purp and slick 50 high mileage every 3000 miles religiously as well as put seafoam in the cranks case, fuel tank and PCV every 3000 miles as well. My spark plugs are turned to face the fuel injectors like in the FAQ and i have a MSD blaster 3 coils and Flame thrower HEI. The CAI is there but after i put it on and threw the OEM one away i found out it too was pretty good for the car. I feel a little lack of power when im getting on the autobahn and going out of stop lights. The only reason i even notice is because i have a bigger heavier MX6 that hauls a--. To imagine a ZE with at least 20 more horses then a DE in the lighter smaller MX3 is bananas. I cant wait until I swap!!! Im sad to know the little things i do for the engine helps it have the power it should have, instead of a little more. I guess the little things help? :shrug: :shrug:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”