Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
carizle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 1/15 awesome parts

Post by carizle »

Mooneggs wrote: I bought them years ago... you live in Gresham?? we need to hang out! :D
Yeah dude I was shocked to see so many Oregonians on here because I've seen maybe two mx3s the past few years I been back, and one was my friend with an rs he only had for a few months
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

98 Mustang Gt-convertible, bolt-ons and SCT race tune-Cams and 4.10 gears coming soon
SOLD-92 GS beater-280,000 miles and still goin strong-HEI mod
SOLD-91 Explorer XLT 4x4-never let me down, at least when I can afford to fill it up
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 3/12 1st autocross

Post by Mooneggs »

Here are some action pics from the last autocross: Stereoking15 placed 11th (non pax) out of 115 cars, I placed 48th... sigh and I was only 2 seconds behind him!

I'm kind of crazy for driving so hard with almost 170k on this ze, 220k on the tranny and 292k on the chassis! :o :shock:

I just got back from another event today (no pics) and I was getting even more intense dog legging around the track like almost 6 inches of lift!! :freak: :driver:

Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Mooneggs wrote: Image
Love IT! :love: :driver: :throwup:
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah this sliding pic is my new wallpaper lol
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

lol yeah I was having some oversteer issues thanks to the CF Hatch, Whiteline sway bar, and tires that were hard and cold - for the most part the car is incredibly neutral... :mrgreen: I basically slid across the finish line several times completely sideways.

I just realized you can't even see me driving - it' like I'm the Stig or something :confused2:
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Great Pictures mark !! I envy you
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

*right-click, save as*

:D
Mooneggs wrote:lol yeah I was having some oversteer issues thanks to the CF Hatch, Whiteline sway bar, and tires that were hard and cold - for the most part the car is incredibly neutral...
CF hatch AND lexan hatch window ;)

I'm insanely jealous of you having that and racing with it. Would of loved to of experienced my Mx-3 to feel like that. :love: Good to see you racing it, rare sight it seems for Mx-3's :( Everyone and their cousin is doing ZE swaps and putting on lowering springs and some decent suspension, but don't want to spend the $35 to let the balls hit the walls on a track.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
*right-click, save as*

Mooneggs wrote:lol yeah I was having some oversteer issues thanks to the CF Hatch, Whiteline sway bar, and tires that were hard and cold - for the most part the car is incredibly neutral...

I'm insanely jealous of you having that and racing with it. Would of loved to of experienced my Mx-3 to feel like that. :love: Good to see you racing it, rare sight it seems for Mx-3's :( Everyone and their cousin is doing ZE swaps and putting on lowering springs and some decent suspension, but don't want to spend the $35 to let the balls hit the walls on a track.
lol if i could afford to do any of it i would try glad to see Mooneggs is trying first i've seen
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
*right-click, save as*

most of the problem is that our cars are as old as ed mcmans balls so we dont want to break anything lol
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/16 powdercoated r

Post by Mooneggs »

Last weekend I sorted through all of my rims. Here is my current supply:

10 15" silver 94 GS 5 spoke rims (2 full sets and 2 full size spares)
4 15" blue 94 GS 5 spoke rims (I still need to paint 2 blue)
4 15" powdercoated black 94 GS 5 spoke rims
4 15" MS-01R sliver rims
4 14" American Racing 5 spoke rims
4 17" TSW Razor rims

And this doesn't include the 4 bent 15" silver 94 GS 5 spoke rims I gave to Carizle and 1 15" GS butterfly rim I will give to FowlJesse

It's nice to take inventory to see what I have :) Not all of these rims have tires yet...

I also cleaned up my 17" rims with some hydrochloric acid - I ran with them on for just last week until I got the other rims back from the powdercoating.

I also installed the beefier CS rear strut bar. I also removed the seatbelts since I can't remember the last time someone rode in the backseat. Plust with the b-pillar installed, it would be uncomfortable :o

I also took inventory of my spare headlight parts. I still have one complete RHD with leveling motors and 2 LHD lenses, 2 extra leveling motors, and a complete LHD driver's side.

And now what you've been waiting for - the powdercoated rims! I've been wanting to do this for a couple years and finally got around to it! $150 for all 4 to be done matte black. I decided I wanted to do matte instead of flat so they stand out slightly from the primer. I also spray painted a set of eunos center caps and some mazda center caps matte black.

Next steps are to spray the inside of my turn signals low gloss black and also paint the corner inside the headlamps that is currently chrome. I just want everything to be darker 8)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Looks good meng! Are some of those my old rims?
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Those are some nice wheels, Just wish I could find a set out here in NY :cry:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

solo_ryder wrote:Looks good meng! Are some of those my old rims?
nope, yours are nice, I'll probably keep the oem silver. I picked out the worst ones for this since they got sandblasted before the PC...
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

where did you get that beefy rear strut bar
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

looks good, man. The flat black on flat black is slick. :)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”