kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's All show and no go....

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:What would that do? Just cool down the brakes?

Seems a bit overkill on stock brakes, but then again you've got Brembos :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: cute

*breathing in!!!

I experience alot of brake fade in many situations and i think cooling of the rotor will resolve that.

-Brake fade due to heat On the autobahn happens alot especially when you have to slam on your brakes when a semi or audi jumps in the passing lane going half your speed, and it happens all the time. Thats why its not good to go fast on long trips because you will for sure be putting alot of stress on the brakes but short trips to and from work are fine. :mrgreen:

-When i was on the Nürburgring (which i will go again in a month or two when the MX is on the up and up) each turn seemed that the pedal went down further and further (brake fade) after a break of the engine and brakes cooling down everything was fine, but i bring that up because once i go to california i plan on a supercharged DE setup or a N/A rebuilt ZE and with that extra power i plan on at a minimum one time each month going to willow springs and going toe to toe with a few doubters and brembo cover haters :wink:

you are probably thinking "well hey why dont you get willwood or some new big brake kit" but i dont want to lose my mazdaspeed wheels and i think the brake that are on it (when at a good temp) stop the car just fine :shrug: :shrug:

*breathing out now :lol:

---------------WARNING MINI RANT.....

I may get into autoX as well but i dont know if im good enough. The tracks are always too small. Im working on a tuned STREET and TRACK machine and it seems autoX is mostly straight track only car setups. As far as drag goes its kind of boring just going in a straight line and i think the MX will need ALOT of work (goldmember) to even be a threat to the RWD V8's and straight 6 monsters out there.

But its all in good fun tuning and racing a car. I dont take it serious at all its just a PASSION and hobby of mine. I hope to one day race at tsukuba the the MX-3 although crazy dream but i think its a realistic farfetched one :freak: :freak:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

More power to you man! I look forward to your brake project too, don't forget to document everything!

As for the cold air and oil cooler ducting, I do want to remind you to have the cold air ducting rise vertically, to avoid too much water going into your intake. It's not a huge problem, unless you're driving in a monsoon, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Brake fade, thankfully I haven't had any issues at this point. Unfortunately, that's because I haven't raced yet. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I think its a great Idea, that is exactly what I was planning on doing as well. Few months back I was with a group of about 40 or so mazdas heading through the pass at rather generous speeds. long story short I had to come to a stop rather quickly and the brakes were so hot that I could not stop I just kept going. I ended up pulling the ebrake and popped it into 1st to help me stop it was kind of scary, I never ran into that problem with the RS but made me realize that I need to do something. vents would have been a huge help.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I've never had much of a problem with my brakes, that being said in the last year I've only had to do one panice stop and I was doing only about 60 km/h then anyway so it wasn't too hard. Have there been any documented studies on how much of a temperature difference an air duct like these would do for the brakes? And how much of a difference would be needed to make a big difference for brake fade? This would be a really cool project, keep us updated.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

i'm really interested in this as well. i've had a couple holy s--- moments and really could have used some cooling power lol
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

so i got my wanna be ganador mirrors in the mail and i thought they were gonna look awful but i think they look really good, later down the line i was going to get ganadors from the mazdaspeed demio and fit those but $300 is ALOT to spend if they will not fit no matter how custom i get so thats one of those "later down the line" mods

they are ALOT smaller then OEM i hope i dont get into an accident :lol: :lol: just kidding

and this is them installed and yes i got the blinkers and motors in them all hooked up as well :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

aha nice to see you got them in the end, they look good! My passenger side one doesn't quite point in the right direction no matter how much I adjust it on the motor!!! maybe I need to adjust the actual mirror in the mounting, but hey ho I will never go back to stock mirrors after having these :D

btw you got a link to the wanabeganadors?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

mine seem to be ok for now but i dont really look at the passenger side much anyway, i just wait for the car that i passed to pop up in the rear view then i go back to the right lane. I really only use it for parking :shrug:

and these are the mirrors i want to buy but like i said it will be later down the road

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-MAZDA-DEMIO ... 0844221945
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

*Just an update for those who enjoy them.....

So my mazdaspeed strut bar was in a little bit of a messed up condition so i polished it up due to boredom and i also seen i never posted any pics in my work log of this mod whoops :shrug: :shrug: i also have been looking for high temp gold paint (with no luck) so i can paint the valve cover gold. I was thinking of polishing the manifold but just by looking at it I think its going to take WAY to long and im losing the K8 next summer anyway so im just going to hit it with silver paint. I just cant wait until i get a supercharged DE or if i find one for a good price/condition a ZE but i will go N/A with that engine. I also FINALLY (after a year search) got great center caps for my MS rims, there almost perfect. One of the nuts is missing the clip but i plan on getting a clip from Ruprecht so thats no biggie. Whats really cool is the guy im buying them from has the spanner and the clip remover thingy as well :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not much else other then that. I ordered a whiteline rear sway bar but im hesitant to put it on when it arrives because i still havent found the MS 25mm front sway bar or been able to get a fabrication company to make one because im overseas ATM :crying: :crying:

Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 28th, 2014, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

kulluminati777 wrote: Image
Dang all that aluminum is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I love that bar !!!

Just was a bit to pricey for me
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Now I have strut tower bar envy :!:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

:love:

That looks awesome bud. And good work on the caps! I'm getting the caps you sent back in a couple of weeks, more excited than I thought I'd be :lol:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

JayoM wrote::love:

That looks awesome bud. And good work on the caps! I'm getting the caps you sent back in a couple of weeks, more excited than I thought I'd be :lol:
yeah they were really cool caps but i just wasnt digging the new school twist on them and they are already black so you dont have to paint them
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So i just got back from the nurburgring and i wanted to show you guys some of the pics. I only went around once before they shut the track down. For some reason there was like a million crashes. I guess people were try to go all out with cars that cant.

Time for the victory pose :lol:

Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 28th, 2014, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”