Official Rant thread.

Off-Topic Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Official Rant thread.

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I call and say things as I see it and as it is relevant. Because I've disagreed with someone in a past thread doesn't mean I'll go about to go out of my way to contradict what they say every time they post. I also won't defend someone I have a better standing with even though they are wrong or I disagree with what they say.

One example of non-Internet asshattery ;)
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 5313_n.jpg

(no, we're not a bunch of rednecks, lol)
That's a good stance for a community as small as this, since it helps to avoid conflicts getting out of hand.

Hah, that picture reminds me of when I set my best friend on fire earlier this year! :freak:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MrMazda92 wrote:That's a good stance for a community as small as this, since it helps to avoid conflicts getting out of hand.

Hah, that picture reminds me of when I set my best friend on fire earlier this year! :freak:
It should be like that for any community, large or small. A larger one you have more people to defent the right arguments, so there's the advantage there, but any size, by a person defending someone just to defend that person, really affects the credibility of himself. Once arguments become personal attacks, than they degrade the thread completely and they help no one out.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:...
One example of non-Internet asshattery ;)

(no, we're not a bunch of rednecks, lol)
Fire needs to be bigger...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:It should be like that for any community, large or small. A larger one you have more people to defent the right arguments, so there's the advantage there, but any size, by a person defending someone just to defend that person, really affects the credibility of himself. Once arguments become personal attacks, than they degrade the thread completely and they help no one out.
A perfect example would be family, so many people side with their family right or wrong, no matter what...

If my family member does something wrong, I won't justify it and argue on their behalf, unless there is truly good cause to. It's about integrity, not just what you want. Good philosophy man!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Now we are making progress and getting somewhere :love2:

I disagree with people all the time, and others completely disagree with me. most of the time its just miss-communication caused by typing through this format I think more than anything. But that is the point, Right!? to talk things through and find new ideas and or alternatives to our problems. I think what I think because of my experiences and what I know/ read, but that doesn't mean i am correct, or am doing something the best way possible. I am always open to a good discussion or someone explaining to me otherwise. What I don't like is when someone takes it personal and they get combative in a discussion and then spew their asshattery and make personal attacks one the other. That is just cowardess IMO

Its like recently I was told by a few folks that I needed to pull my rad to change the ALT in the GS... NO... did I say anything to them about it no i just went on my merry way and did it without changing the rad. Changed the alt in about 20 min flat.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MrMazda92 wrote:A perfect example would be family, so many people side with their family right or wrong, no matter what...

If my family member does something wrong, I won't justify it and argue on their behalf, unless there is truly good cause to. It's about integrity, not just what you want. Good philosophy man!
Opposite example I would say. Seems that family defents their members blindly, while this is natural, being ignorant to what happened isn't healthy. It would be more wise to try to lessen the damage and something, it's where tough love comes in, where they have to let them learn the consequences of their mistakes. Nowadays, the blame is never on the person at fault, it's always everyone else....

I've got a cousin that's being charged for assault on an officer because of a green laser incident. Details wise, it was a friend that supposibely did it but it is his laser. His family is defending him, and I think the big issue is they want to keep him out of jail because they're pushing for the max to make an example out of him. Only he, or even they, know if he's truely innocent.
Josh wrote:Its like recently I was told by a few folks that I needed to pull my rad to change the ALT in the GS... NO... did I say anything to them about it no i just went on my merry way and did it without changing the rad. Changed the alt in about 20 min flat.
The stuff I hear from the stuff that people tell you, you hang out with not the brighest group of people....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Rant:

Come back to a happy place after a long hiatus, and I haven't yet clicked on a thread with something new and exciting. Just a bunch of shitty forum politics.

Anything?

Anywhere?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Ryan wrote:Rant:

Come back to a happy place after a long hiatus, and I haven't yet clicked on a thread with something new and exciting. Just a bunch of shitty forum politics.

Anything?

Anywhere?
I learned how to weld!

Although I'm not that good at it :lol:
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Ryan wrote:Rant:

Anything?

Anywhere?

Yeah I'm there with you man... seems like there is not much good content anymore, just everyone arguing with everyone else about unsubstantial nit picky details. :?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My cats breath smells like cat food.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hmm, how about making this forum like a few others I've seen. One section for the average troll then once you've gotten some time in the ranks so to speak your granted access to another section of the forum possibly know as, 'Senior Members Section'. One stupid nubie question asked in that section and your banished back to the bottom feeders section. :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i haven't really posted anything or read much lately either since there's really nothing of interest lately
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hmm, well December is shaping up to be a surprising month financially in my corner... If you want new and interesting projects, wait until January rolls around. :wink:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So before I left germany I bought a Eunos presso for some rare goodies it had on it. My plan was to strip it of the extras the next person would have no idea it was missing and resale the car to a local joe. The car was in GREAT shape the paint, interior, engine all VERY well kept. I would of kept the car myself if i wasnt going back stateside. Well anyway I put it up for sale for around $1500. I get alot of hits. Every hour or two im getting a call about someone wanting to see the car. I was walking out of the gas station when a kid named Jacob Flowers stops me and asks if he can buy the car right this moment.

The kid doesnt even want to test drive it. He is just so enthusiastic to have the car. So i tell him how about he drives it first and then we will go from there. As we are driving around we talk a little and he says that he likes the car and if i would be willing to come down on the price so i said sure since you seem like a cool dude and enjoy this car ill let it go for 1000.

I mean I thought I was possibly getting a new enthusiast in the making so i was excited as well. When we get back he says he only has 500 now and he would be able to give me 500 when he gets paid again. So like an idiot and against everyone's advice i say yeah i can do that and give him the keys. So next pay day rolls around and i wait a few days then ask him if he has the rest of the loot. He said that he ran into a few financial situations and he couldnt give me the money but swore up and down next pay period i would get it

Mind you im leaving in a week so I tell him I cant wait ill need the keys back and ill give you your cash. He then insists that I can trust him and he really enjoys the car so being a chump i say alright one more pay period but i wont be here so i trust you to send me the money western union. He agrees. While im in the states I write him my info and how he can send me the money he says ok he will send the money as soon as he gets it. Next pay period comes around and I hit him up...no response......maybe he is in the field or doing some sort of deployment training. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and Try and look for the good in people so i wait a few weeks......I then write him asking what is up.......But im deleted and blocked from his FB.

I mean are you serious homeboy?? After me coming down on my original price when i had so many people interested???? I then worked with him when things were ``tough´´ and now he wants to ignore me?? I ask my wife if i can log into her account, found the dude and had some choice words for him. I have a good friend back in germany going to see whats going on with him but i instructed him that if he doesnt have the cash on the spot to bash the front windshield in and he will do it thats why I asked him instead of other people I know. Evil yes but it will give me closer and teach this coward a lesson to not double cross a person who is trying to help you. I even would of settled on a payment plan of like 100 bucks a month.....i mean come on.

Its sad that you cant trust people you see everyday but i know of a few people on this forum i have never met or seen that could screw me over in a heart beat but dont.......very weird and mixed up place we live in.......There is no reason to back stab me after I helped him, told him about the forum and shared knowledge with him about the car.

Im pretty mad at myself mostly but I have plans of going back to see my wifes family in november and I will be at this dudes door step and im not coming over to borrow sugar.......
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

That sucks man, I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, but the guy blew the engine up and left it on the side of the road and it collected parking tickets for like 4 weeks, he never transferred the title and the license and name he gave me were fake. I had to tow it to the pick n pull then had to go to court to get the tickets thrown out. I hate lying little thieves.

Return to “Off-Topic”