[FS] SRD Reproduction Parts - Crossmember, Tie Bar & E-Brake

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
WhiteFinish

Re: [GI] Aluminum Crossmember & Rear Tie Bar - SRD Reproduct

Post by WhiteFinish »

Is there more available ?

Perhaps you can ship 2 to Germany ?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
BlaznLow

Post by BlaznLow »

The rear tie bars are hardly worth to make. The bolts that go in the end are almost half the price. They are stupid expensive. AND i work in a machine shop. A typical shop rate is $75 an hour + material. The crossmember alone take roughly 4 hours of machining time maybe, maybe a bit more. So there alone is $300 plus material. then you have to have someone that can design and program on top of that for even more time.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

any word on e-brake handle?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

blakjohnes wrote:I *think* the original SRD parts sold for around $150 for the crossmember and $80 for the tie bar. I don't have a price on making them yet, but i'm using those prices are a guideline to see if they're worth making. I have no idea on how expensive it is to get parts out of aluminum machined, but hopefully they're not much more compared to SRD's, if anything.
Ya, he's just a spammer, copied and pasted what would be the second paragraph in the very first post of this topic
Nd4SpdSe wrote:]As I'm sure many know that SRD no longer makes any of their products. (:(). It took me several months just to find a used one, and even then i had to make a nice offer since they were on a car, but no matter, I got them. I know that a few people mentioned that they're interested in those parts, and after the difficulty I had to even find used ones, so I hoped that I could get them reproduced. Bochek makes aluminum parts, but they're too big for his machine,but I have a friend in one of my car club that I asked him if he could and he's very confident he can (he owes me since i help him with his air ride system ;)). I dropped off my parts to him thursday and I told him to make at least one set to see how it comes out.

I *think* the original SRD parts sold for around $150 for the crossmember and $80 for the tie bar. I don't have a price on making them yet, but i'm using those prices are a guideline to see if they're worth making. I have no idea on how expensive it is to get parts out of aluminum machined, but hopefully they're not much more compared to SRD's, if anything.

And yes I'l contact Jeff about the group buy stuff, I just want to get an interest and post the details on getting these done, if it's feasable.
Good question on the e-brake handle. I haven't been able to get one, Devlin probably still has his unsold, but now money is tight for me, but we'll see what if I can ever get my hands on one...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
BlaznLow

Post by BlaznLow »

Ya, i dont have any clue what so ever on what those handles look like. sorry. well i know what they look like but dimension wise. no idea
RedAutobotMX3

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

IF this is still going on, I'd buy the ebrake, and both chasis parts.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I still haven't acquired an ebrake handle, but the tiebar and crossmember are still available
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

just received my products i ordered a rear tie bar and the cross member and the quality was awesome! just a couple of questions 1. i got the clear coat but do u think it would help to paint it as well...do you have any pics of ones that have been on for a few years and 2. i seen you have to use different screws to put the rear tie bar on...is this true? or can u use the original bolts for both? also whats up with the impact wrench on the front crossmember?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
BlaznLow

Post by BlaznLow »

i dont think i would bother painting it. the clear should protect it.

I had one that was a few years old. if you look on the first couple pages of this thread. i took pics of the old one vs the new one. (crossmember and tie bar)

I havent heard anyone using different bolts for the rear. Guys have said it took longer to jack the car up then to change the parts and as for the impact wrench stuff on the front. I really have no idea about that one. Mike might know
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh ok thanks alot for everthing you da man lol
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

you guys still making those?
BlaznLow

Post by BlaznLow »

yes sir i do
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

:2thumbsup:
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

BlaznLow wrote:yes sir i do
how much for both shipped to E1A 1A5?

and how much for just a Rear Tie bar shipped to same address?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mitmaks wrote:how about ebrake handle just like SRD used to sell
mitmaks wrote:let me know about that Ebrake handle cause Ill pay asap if you get it done.
mitmaks wrote:how's the progress on the handle?
mitmaks wrote:any word on e-brake handle?
I have never forgotten, but it's pretty much impossible to get one.

However....

I got one today at the meet from Ian, finally, and Colin was there, so I passed it to him. Jimmie had to stop by Colin's place to get camping gear, which he happened to pick up tonight. So the SRD Billet Ebrake Handle is currently in the hands of my machinist buddy.

Return to “New Product Development”