Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 3/14 OEM hood!

Post by Evo_Spec »

oh man, i love the invader hood, i plan on getting one eventually.

lookin good moon
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wytbishop wrote:How dark is the tint on your side windows? Car looks good...would look better with paint on it...but it does look good.
I'm running 20% on the sides and back as well as a 20% 9" strip on the front window... yeah I would like to get one of them painted eventually but for now I really do love the flat black look :shrug:
GIjoe
antispam: No

Post by GIjoe »

you have replicated EXACTLY what I want to do with my MX3!!!! very nice!! :love:
did you know that my mx-3 thinks....?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Your JDM car in Mighty Grey would be my favorite car in the world. I'm just saying.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
OutlaW

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 2/18 b-pillar

Post by OutlaW »

fowljesse wrote:Speaking of teeth, now your rear passengers have something to clamp onto :wink:
I can't wait to see how you do at AutoX!
in my country , that could never be approved for a DD car ... if someone travels in the back seats and the car gets a back impact, the back passengers will die 100% sure with crashed skulls.
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

His car is about 10X more safe than ½ the cars on the roads here. You'd be horrified what scrapes, smokes, and rattles down the freeways. Also, I bet your laws make it difficult to get a driver's license, whereas any senile, atrophied 4 foot tall person can easily get a license. I'm quite sure he's not going to have passengers.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

He could remove the rear seat belts to save on weight. You'd be surprised what they weigh. Wouldn't be aesthetically displeasing either.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/11 SE seats :)

Post by Mooneggs »

Yeah I may eventually remove the seatbelts in the back... I had them out for a while and then put them back in. If I have to I could transport people as long as they are children or midgets that fit below the bar :lol:

Anyways, I drove up to Seattle last week and picked up a set of SE front seats and an SE rear bottom and back seat. The rear is mint but the front seats needed a little work. Fortunately I had a set of 2 driver's side bottom seats. This of course required me to do a little bit of work, but it was well worth it! The new seats feel absolutely amazing!!

Basically I took both seats completely apart. I swapped the entire cushion/frame to the driver's side. On the passenger side I had to remove the new cushion from the frame and reattach it to the passenger frame. This required to remove and replace the hog rings. I bought a set of hog ring pliers and by the time I was done I was pretty good with it. But it still wasn't easy... I should also note that the leather covers ARE slightly different between driver and passenger. I wasn't worried about the difference since it wasn't noticeable :shrug: I was also pleasantly surprised to see an intact passenger side seatbelt holder :o I looked up the part number for the driver's side and I ordered it so I'll have seatbelt holders on both sides :D Hopefully it will have the little holder for the seatbelt too. If it does I'll probably order 2 more for the race car seats. I also looked up the retail on just the bottoms and it was $1200 a piece :shock: I got both bottoms for $40 bucks off ebay about 2 years ago!

Anyways it was alot of hard work but these seats are truly amazing, they feel so good and new it's pretty awesome...

I also finally installed my front fog light switch instead of having it hang below the dash :freak:

new compared to old
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/11 SE seats :)

Post by fowljesse »

Too....many... pictures.
Slow... connection.....must...see... in...person.
Congratulations!
I had seat belt holders until Sarah broke them :x
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/20 CF Hatch pic

Post by Mooneggs »

So this weekend I just couldn't wait any longer to test out the CF hatch... even though this isn't the car it is meant for, I wanted to test it out in the rain and driving with it! I am really pleased with the final product of this... I thought it would not fit correctly but it ended up being just about perfect! :mrgreen:

Lot's of pics for those that wanted to see this 1 of 9 in the world rare mx-3 part :)

I also put in the full rear interior...
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Awesome! Looks REALLY great. I can't wait to see it in person Mark
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Hey Mooneggs I've finally finished reading your worklog! :D Some amazing progress, it's astonishing to see how far it's come along. I love how you drove around back in the day with it half red/half grey haha. You've done a lot of things that I eventually want to do to mine, namely the JDM bumper, lip & side skirts; maybe you can help me find a set? =P

P.S. - So when are you going to get a proper paint job? :lol: ahahaha sorry I couldn't resist! :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Those leather seats are comfy! Mine are rocks compared to them. You need more pics in your worklog :wink:
Every time we hang out, you take pictures of your car. I don't blame you, though :)
I just want to mention that Mr. Eggs is a great driver. He'll keep you on the edge of fun, and fear. We have to get videos soon.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Stupid question but what was the hole in the front JDM bumper used for. I have the same front end.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

it's for the OEM tow hook... check out page 9 in this worklog it shows some pics with the bumper off and the tow hook on...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”