Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 2/18 b-pillar bar!

Post by fowljesse »

Speaking of teeth, now your rear passengers have something to clamp onto :wink:
I can't wait to see how you do at AutoX!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

JWMX3 wrote:Nice Job mark.... more cutting than I wanted to see BUT :P not bad for an experiment
i see the tip of the bracket goes right underneath the track... any clearance between or are they touching?
If i ever make more of those at least now i know to cut that angle.... :) thanks for all the detailed pics !
Well check out the pics in my other worklog... I didn't go as crazy with the cutting as on this one... the bar fits under the track but it won't slide underneath, I had to pull the track up then put the bar under it. I knew I was going to have to do a little work to get it in which is fine :) Thanks for at least making them! The fitment side to side was PERFECT (which is what I was hoping for).
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 2/6 update

Post by Mooneggs »

Ryan wrote::shock: Why would you have HCl laying around? You'll also have to be careful on aluminum wheels unless you're using really weak HCl. Al + HCl --> AlCl + H, an AlCl doesn't like water....
well I am a n00b when it comes to chemicals but not completely stupid :D My roommate got it from a local detailing shop and it is meant for wire wheels (that's what the packaging states) and we wore rubber gloves with it.

I tested it first on one of my cracked 94 5 spoke rims before doing all the other 10 lol... I did not see any adverse affects... bascially we sprayed it straight on, let it sit for 2 minutes, then scrubbed with a kitchen sponge, then rinsed with water - DONE! I'm still amazed at how clean it got them... they look brand new.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Got my 2nd MazdaSpeed front strut bar in the mail last saturday :) I will be selling the corksport one now that I've upgraded!

Also took some comparision pics of the corksport vs mazdspeed design for future reference. I haven't installed my Outlaw spacers on this car yet so I'll have to add more spacers to raise it up once I do...

I also slapped on the RS spoiler since the CF GS will be going on the CF hatch... I'm hoping this weekend I can get the wraparound hatch tinted and re-primed and moved to the DD...
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 2/26 MS strut bar!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Looks like the MS bar places itself very close to where my CorkSport bar goes with the fit-mod. You shouldn't have a problem even with the spacers
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Looks like the MS bar places itself very close to where my CorkSport bar goes with the fit-mod. You shouldn't have a problem even with the spacers
agreed... I was running that mod you did for a while but I just didn't trust it... I'd rather have the strut bar that was designed for the car and just happens to fit around the millenia IM :mrgreen:
MX-3zoom

Re:

Post by MX-3zoom »

Mooneggs wrote: I replaced:
•Both outer tie rod ends
•Both front strut mounts and strut bearings
•Both rear strut mounts and I removed the bumpstops

Was just wondering where you got the piece on the ground,for all four corners. I Went to the junk yards today hoping to get em but they were gone
This why i ask. (sorry from phone.the right rear, left side soon to brake). :(
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah that's what's called the upper strut mount! dude yours came right through :o :shock:

maybe post a WTB for slightly used ones although it might be a good idea to buy brand new...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs wrote:agreed... I was running that mod you did for a while but I just didn't trust it...
Trust it? I guess if you're using low grade bolts maybe, but mine got stress-tested on a daily basis with no adverse affects, not even the slightest. I will swear by that mod and those strutbars until the end :lol:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 3/14 wraparoun

Post by Mooneggs »

So I recently went to the first autocross event in OR called the IceBreaker... My best run was a 38.72 which placed me at 51 out of 146 cars (across all classes!) I'm pretty happy since my fuel pump is failing too... lol

I also primed the hatch door jamb and put the hatch from the RC with the wraparound spoiler on. I also got it tinted at 20% to match the side windows.

I also put my 17" wheels on since it's getting warmer out... Basically the exterior aesthetics are done on the DD except for the hood - Full JDM Kit including wraparound spoiler!

PATDIESEL

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 3/14 wraparoun

Post by PATDIESEL »

nice strut bar, is that the most recent one from Ebay (a couple weeks ago?)
still waiting to see your hatch and lexan ;)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 3/14 OEM Hood!

Post by Mooneggs »

PATDIESEL wrote:nice strut bar, is that the most recent one from Ebay (a couple weeks ago?)
still waiting to see your hatch and lexan ;)
yeah I just got that MS bar :)

OK so I recently sold Fowljesse my CF hood for the following reasons:
[*]I have never liked the shape of the invader style hood (too boxy - doesn't match the mx-3's curves)
[*]So much oxidation I didn't want to try to reclearcoat it
[*]I eventually want to get a Terminator style CF hood for this car
[*]Jesse will make good use of this one and I gave him a great price

It is really weird seeing an OEM hood on this car since I've had the CF one for the last 7 years... It came from Oscar's second CF Hood Group Buy... It has served me well...

IMACHU2

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 3/14 OEM hood!

Post by IMACHU2 »

Wow the car looks great :love: I like it better with the stock hood :shrug:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, it looks better, especially with the flowing lines of all the JDM stuff.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Hey Mark,

How dark is the tint on your side windows? Car looks good...would look better with paint on it...but it does look good.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”