Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 12/28 update

Post by Mooneggs »

Daninski wrote:I know I may get banned from the site for saying this but I really think you should paint the car. I'm thinking charcoal metallic grey with black wheels. IMO
I think I have decided one of my mx-3's will be flat black... Ideally I'd love to have a professional flat black vinyl wrap...

And then for the other mx-3 yes I would like to have the OEM color of mighty grey...
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Mooneggs wrote:
mx3autozam wrote:I need a set of those yellow foglights for my car.
Well since I have a yellow set and a white set, I found out there is actually a yellow insert that makes them yellow, but if you happen to get a white set you could just buy some yellow bulbs and it's basically the same difference :shrug:

But if you really want a yellow set, I would suggest contacting SuperK... he seems to have a good connection on stuff...

I also saw these on EBAY - not sure if they are yellow or not:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-EUNO ... ccessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-MAZD ... ccessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
oh ya there is actually a yellow insert for them. I thought you just had yellow bulbs in them. either way will work for me but I have one problem, the lights will probably get in the way of intercooler piping. I will have to see. If I can make them clear the pipes I will pick up a set.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Daninski wrote:I know I may get banned from the site for saying this but I really think you should paint the car. I'm thinking charcoal metallic grey with black wheels. IMO
I like your idea. Ban Him! Flat Black rules, don't listen to the haters! :lol:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

SHUN the non-believer!

SHHUUUUNNNNNNN!

If you back through Mooneggs' 1.5 million posts, you'll see somewhere that he'd actually like to paint his cars. I think he wrote that in '82.
Our cars are just in a "transitional" period. Why spend $200 on a paint job when you could buy a J-spec seatbelt warning that buzzes in Kanji, or a Carbon Fiber exhaust shield?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

fowljesse wrote:[If you back through Mooneggs' 1.5 million posts, you'll see somewhere that he'd actually like to paint his cars. I think he wrote that in '82.
Bwahahaha posting from the womb FTW! :freak:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

HAHAHAHA :freak:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Dad: "Did baby Mooneggs just say 'Mama'?".
Mom "No, it sounded more like 'MX-3 JDM'."
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

where can i get my hands on the same lip and sideskirts ? pretty please ?
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

OutlaW wrote:where can i get my hands on the same lip and sideskirts ? pretty please ?
I think Wytbishop was toying with the idea of making replicas... until then... good luck! I got lucky on the lip 5 years ago and searched for those sideskirts for 3 years...

it's been a long road and I've spent a ton of cash on my international projects... but it's been worth it 8)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 2/6 update

Post by Mooneggs »

Well I recently acquired a set of 04 MS Miata interior handles (thanks again SuperK)... I didn't have a drill but I did have a dremel and it was easy to remove the extra pieces... the color match is not perfect with the eunos SS sills but it is very close... it's hard to see in the pics because of the cloud overcast today...

I also decided to finally replace the trunk/gas lid releases. I've had the pieces for several years and it literally took 5 minutes to replace them haha they look so much better now! I also went to the junkyard and picked up a mint piece for future needs :D

I think I'm going to take the DD on an autocross course in a couple of weeks since the Race Car still hasn't been fixed... Hopefully I'll have the b-pillar by then and I'll also use the aggresive tires I got last year.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nice.
It's funny; all those little things.. Sarah asks sometimes "What is that noise?", and such, and I say "One day, I'll fix it. It'll just take 5 minutes.".
Yet, there is that noise again! :lol:
I can't wait to race you again!
New vids!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

So I installed my black powdercoated b-pillar bar from JWMX3 - I am very pleased with it!

Here are the installation pics - basically I decided to cut a little on the autobelt piece as well as the bar. I wasn't comfortable with shaving off any more of the belt pieces. I also opted to not break the lower clip that holds on the b-pillar plastic so I worked around and behind it. I cut some holes in my plastic but I'm not completely happy with it. I was off on my measurements a tad so the holes are larger than I wanted since I had to gauge them out a bit...

I had to buy a bolt for each side. I have a full set of 94 belts in storage so I took that bolt to several different hardware stores before I found a suitable bolt. I wanted metric but had to go with standard. The bolt on the left is the original seatbelt bolt - 12mm 1.5 grade 10.9 metric and the bolt on the right is a 7/16-20 x 1" grade 8 bolt. The threads are identical and they went in just fine.

I also swapped rims to prepare for the race in a couple of weeks... The day after I took these pics I found out that hyrdochloric acid cleans rims like crazy - I'll post more pics after this weekend!
JWMX3

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 2/18 b-pillar bar!

Post by JWMX3 »

Nice Job mark.... more cutting than I wanted to see BUT :P not bad for an experiment

i see the tip of the bracket goes right underneath the track... any clearance between or are they touching?

If i ever make more of those at least now i know to cut that angle.... :) thanks for all the detailed pics !
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Mooneggs wrote:
I also swapped rims to prepare for the race in a couple of weeks... The day after I took these pics I found out that hyrdochloric acid cleans rims like crazy - I'll post more pics after this weekend!

:shock: Why would you have HCl laying around? You'll also have to be careful on aluminum wheels unless you're using really weak HCl. Al + HCl --> AlCl + H, an AlCl doesn't like water....

It will be hot and probably bubbly, and do some (pitting) damage.

But I guess you aren't stupid enough to use anything with a molarity that would do any of this to any serious degree.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Ryan wrote:But I guess you aren't stupid enough to use anything with a molarity that would do any of this to any serious degree.
Meaning...don't use your teeth to clean your rims.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”