Who here has physcially attempted a KL-47 swap?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Who here has physcially attempted a KL-47 swap?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

posey92 wrote:So if im understanding this thread this is essential ly a k block engibe...so couldnt you simply bolt the topend of a 2.5 or 1.8 to this bottone end...and just run the milli ecu with tgat milli harness...bottom end is what has all the mounts...seems simple what am I missing...and I say this because the yard has a complete SC milli...
Its a k-series motor, but it is it's own thing. Its not just a motor with a SC bolted on, far from it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

What is an engibe??? Thanks.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf »

posey92 wrote:So if im understanding this thread this is essentially a k block engine...so couldn't you simply bolt the topend of a 2.5 or 1.8 to this bottone end...and just run the milli ecu with tgat milli harness...bottom end is what has all the mounts...seems simple what am I missing...and I say this because the yard has a complete SC milli...
Sure! Remove the supercharger, and the KJ heads & intake, and put on standard KLZE heads and intake, and KLZE cams, and you'll have a 2.3L KLZE engine which might make 140HP... but not on the milli ecu, unless it's the non-S ecu.

Now why you would do that? I have no idea.

Edit:
The Supercharger and the Millenia S intake only fit between Millenia S heads which have a different angle on the intake to allow for more room for the SC.
This is a LOT of work... it would be better to build a Frankenstein engine with a KLZE block, Millenia S rods, KLDE pistons and use the millenia S heads, intake and supercharger... the supercharger pulley & such would have to be figured out... I don't know how that's all done. But you definitely don't want to go Miller Cycle, throw in some KL31 cams and add those blow off valves. :-)
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by posey92 »

Would that twin screw work...cuz I know its a miller cycle but is the sc designed specifically for that engine or would it boost just fine like any other twin screw if mounted on a different engine.
RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf »

That twin screw will boost an engine just fine... any engine... a 6.8L Engine... it has a very high volume per rotation. Especially for the size of the engine it is used on. It creates around 2 ATM of pressure which the engine presses against... Miller Cycles are... fun? Sure... we'll go with that.
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by posey92 »

Well I have the tbird m90 and itll bolt up where the ac is just fine with my buddy re routing the front mani piping...ill try and scoop up the milli sc some time see them all the time out here and they are only 50 bux...
RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf »

Closing in on one year later... anyone try something KJZEM related?
Did anyone compare an M90 and the Miller Screw Supercharger?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

At first I was going to saw than an M90 was pretty big, but after looking around I think I found otherwise. It's an IHI 1000cc supercharger is setup for 14psi but maxes out at 21psi . The M62 I believe loses efficiency after somewhere around 15psi. The M90 is a 1400cc while the M62 is an 1015cc. The IHI seems more efficient for it's size over an Eaton, probably because of the differences of the Lysholm-type vs Roots-type blowers.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”