Mx3 v6 1.8 info

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mx3 v6 1.8 info

Post by kulluminati777 »

The K8 is pretty reliable I guess. Everything bolted to it is garbage (alternator, belts, Distributor, ect)

No swapping at all? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Oh man you have your work cut out for you.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Oke

Post by Oke »

Hy again,
I want to thank MIKEETOWN for the post, but can you be more explicit because i am not that good with english, and allsow not a lot of mecanical knolege. What do you mean by good regulator? I understand 16'' rims and tyre size but do you know what ET and J is good for this car, and the tyre to come out of the wheel arch in the back and in the front to be on the edge? The car has 220000km, and the previos owner did not drive the car very hard because of the fuel consumption, and did not have good care for the car.

I dont want to make the mazda, the fastest car, i just want to beat cars like i said, and look good, and i dont have a big buget, in time y will make it. This is for the people that told me to swap the enigine ( i like the ideia but it's not posible at the moment)
Image here is a picture with it.
The car need a lot of working, on it, things like interior painting, body work, bushes etc.
I am using this car in the weekend, and some time in the week but not so often.

About the fuel consumption i can't go lower then 12L/100km what ever i do.

Thanks for the help, and i am only eys here :)
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you think that sexy machine needs body work, don't look at my cars! :lol:

That's a beautiful car man, congratulations!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Oke

Post by Oke »

Thank you :), but under the doors is a lot of rust, and the front bumper needs a paint, and a lot of smal skraches, and rust i think under the paint. I am used with beautiful cars, i am working for festool :lol: . But thank you again :)
I told you guys, i want to make a beautiful car and show that not only european cars are the best :)
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, what do you mean by regulator?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Like what was said before I would start with the easy things like cold air intake and headers and exhaust. Then I would change to JDM 2.5L cams and 2.5L KLG4 intake manifold and throttle body. That will be a great start.
Oke

Post by Oke »

Yes Josh, thats my plan for the begining. Some advise about the diameter of the exhaust and the intake cold air pipe? And maybe some tips :) , thanks.
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Oke wrote:Yes Josh, thats my plan for the begining. Some advise about the diameter of the exhaust and the intake cold air pipe? And maybe some tips :) , thanks.
If you plan on staying with the K8 1.8L then 2" diameter exhaust will be fine. But if it were me, I would go with 2 1/4" exhaust if you are running headers. As for intake most on here say 2.5" and for a stock k8 that is ok, unless you upgrade to a KLDE or KLG4 intake manifold and throttle body, then 3" is the way to go. Again if it were me I would go 3" cold air intake off the bat in anticipation of upgrading the intake manifold and throttle body later on.
Oke

Post by Oke »

Thanks, the headers (we call them snakes exhaust) will remain the stock one, after them i will remove the cat and ad a intermediar empty exhaust, in the end a sport muffler for a good sound. Thanks again :)
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Ya, what do you mean by regulator?
I've put one on a 88 chevy K pickup, 1987 toyota corolla GTS, 1991 nissan 240z witha 2.0 I6 turbo for myself in the past. In high school, my mechanics teacher said people always overlook this 100$ upgrade but it really helps with the power band and steadys the fuel injection.

I havn't done this to my KLDE yet. But, I'm gonna get a KLG4 intake and install a regulator now. When I do, i'll doa thread on it. It will be my first real thread on here ever where i post something meaningful haha
Last edited by mikeetown on February 5th, 2013, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

video on Fuel pressure regulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWsCbPYeWI
mikeetown
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

Oke wrote:Hy again,
I want to thank MIKEETOWN for the post, but can you be more explicit because i am not that good with english, and allsow not a lot of mecanical knolege. What do you mean by good regulator? I understand 16'' rims and tyre size but do you know what ET and J is good for this car, and the tyre to come out of the wheel arch in the back and in the front to be on the edge? The car has 220000km, and the previos owner did not drive the car very hard because of the fuel consumption, and did not have good care for the car.

I dont want to make the mazda, the fastest car, i just want to beat cars like i said, and look good, and i dont have a big buget, in time y will make it. This is for the people that told me to swap the enigine ( i like the ideia but it's not posible at the moment)
Image here is a picture with it.
The car need a lot of working, on it, things like interior painting, body work, bushes etc.
I am using this car in the weekend, and some time in the week but not so often.

About the fuel consumption i can't go lower then 12L/100km what ever i do.

Thanks for the help, and i am only eys here :)
No problem dude. Lol, minus the front bumper with fog lights, My mx-3 look identical to yours haha.

Once you improve your exhaust system and delete the catalytic convertor, I think you will notice a nice increase in fuel mileage. I remember when i was delivering pizza in my first GS mx-3. It was garbage fuel mileage but once I upgraded my exhaist system and floored it a few times to clean out the engine, My mileage improved from 12L/100km to under 10L/100km.

Also helped me, get a throttle body cleaner and spray it right into the throttle body while its running. use the whole can. that will work better than an injector cleaner. I used Sea Foam.
mikeetown
Oke

Post by Oke »

Thanks, the angle of the picture is good :lol: . I have to change the oil, what kiind you guys recomand, the car has 220000km and i drive sport, but not all the time, any help?
I am still waiting for a answer regarding the regulator, i dont know what that means and what to do with it.
Today i went with it to make a indentification :), i still have to go to the city hall and to the police, i hope this week, at least next monday to have my linces plates on it :)
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

just use brand name regular 10w-30 and change it early if you race around. I use penzoil walmart specials oils, 5$ purolator filter and change every 3500-4000km. Costs me 17$ canadian usually
mikeetown
Oke

Post by Oke »

Thanks for the info :). I was thinking about Castrol and Mobil 10w-60 or 15w-40 because the summer is coming with a Mann Filter. It is this ok?
Can somebody tell me ho i can know that my VRIS system is working good? And how much this system is important, i am new with this.
Another question is, what kiind of fuel is good for this car 95 octane - 100 octane number.
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”