a bit confused about wattage

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: a bit confused about wattage

Post by wednesdayslatest »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PYLE-PLA447 ... 19d28f6590

how does that look for 4 1000w speakers?
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
wednesdayslatest

03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
wednesdayslatest

i also seen the 4 and 6 way speakers i dont get that but i already understand the 2 and 3 way speakers thats answered everywhere but can you give me an explaination on the 4 and 6 way? or is that a marketing gimic?
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

Thats junk, check your local craigslist for reputable brands not bs chinese brands.
phoenix gold, kicker, infinity, mb quart, kenwood, alpine, re audio, image dynamics, focal, eclipse, memphis, soundsteam, rockford fosgate, sundown audio, even pioneer.
Really anything is better than boss/pyle thats all junk & stray away from a capacitor try to add a millenia alternator or another small battery kinetic, stinger etc... Thats if you really need extra juice.

Honestly this is not a great forum to be asking ppl audio/ security questions. Try the smd forum, or realmofexcursion.

4 & 6 ways are mostly all junk speakers yes it is a gimmick.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
wednesdayslatest

wagZE wrote:Thats junk, check your local craigslist for reputable brands not bs chinese brands.
phoenix gold, kicker, infinity, mb quart, kenwood, alpine, re audio, image dynamics, focal, eclipse, memphis, soundsteam, rockford fosgate, sundown audio, even pioneer.
Really anything is better than boss/pyle thats all junk & stray away from a capacitor try to add a millenia alternator or another small battery kinetic, stinger etc... Thats if you really need extra juice.

Honestly this is not a great forum to be asking ppl audio/ security questions. Try the smd forum, or realmofexcursion.

4 & 6 ways are mostly all junk speakers yes it is a gimmick.

millenia alternator huh i just put a new one in already so im not really trying to change that again for a while.

why would you say stray away from a capacitor? i thought they were good they hold energy for the amp to take in....and why not a 4 instead of a 1 or 2 even if im not pushing that much....

the front speakers i have are s--- 60rms 1000peak my radio apparently pushes 80w to all 4 speakers. rms or not idk but i think that might be another thing under 1000w peak there isint much results and with a 60w rms its pointless to get.... well can you help me make this simpler. i wanna find something off ebay for a decent price. do i really even need a 4000w? or can i get a better quallity 1000w or 2000w thatll work better....
i need to find 6 1/2 speakers so im going to start there and see whats up with the rms for maybe a 500w or something
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

No no no no no no noonooooooooooooo noooooooOOOOOooooooooooooooooo. Just stop looking on ebay for new crappy stuff & look on your local craigslist for high end used stuff for cheap. If you want to run a real system (4 ch. for speakers & mono amp for sub) you will want to upgrade the electrical system with heavier wire (ie "the big 3") at the least if you aren't going to upgrade the alternator or add another battery. Or just keep smoking 90 amp mx alternators; I did that for a while until I finally got sick of it & the light dimming issue & idle drops.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
wednesdayslatest

okay then tell me why i should add another battery instead of using a capacitor? (what in the trunk and i need to get it to be recharged off the alternator or is it separate?)

can you show me a listing on ebay for this alternator ur talking about also? (cheapest pref)
wednesdayslatest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Package-1-4Ch-C ... 53ee5162ba

cheap Chinese s--- its a good deal with a 3 year warranty for 15 dollars if anything ill get a refund if theres any problems i really dont care at this point but this looks like a real good deal since ive been loooking for hours looking at numbers no speakers really go above 100 125w RMS per speaker. regardless of the max wattage and i look for something in the 90+db....anything else as a factor. 2 way is what i want. is there something im missing? either way its not gonna change what im going to do but im definitely grabbing that soon within the week
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm with everything that wagze said but if all you're looking for is how loud it is then do what you feel is best, you've gotten more than enough information from us to know what you need to do at this point
wednesdayslatest

yeah well its a good start for 100 bucks 160RMS i still havnt gotten a clear answer as to what is the best rms but by lookin over the net the highest ive found is 160 at 90+db so im going to go with this for now and maybe upgrade later but this to me is a good start.
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

Lol you thinking much too hard about this...you do not need an amp that will match the peak wattage of all 4 speakers....i am running a kenwood kdc-x595 headunit with polk audio speakers front and back and it is plenty loud...the only amp that the speakers are running off of is the one built into the headunit (puts out 52x4 i believe). i also have a 300w rockford fosgate sub mated to a 400w amp and that too hits hard much more than i need (i have the sub and bass turned since i dont want to sound like hood rat coming down the street). Audio components especially for cars is a matter of getting what you pay for. Buy cheap and its going to sound cheap. Like WagZE said, go on your local craigslist and look for quality stuff being sold for cheap if you dont have alot of money its the best way to go. Right now your thinking quantity over quality and like i said withcar audio that does not end with good results. But best of luck and i hope you get what your looking for
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
wednesdayslatest

im not trying to MATCH the max wattage. the PACKAGE on ebay is matching rms of 160 which is normal constant power.

like i said before i looked at speakers for RMS and the most i could find PER SPEAKER is 100 to 125 for a 61/2 but the 6x9 goes to like 160 180 the most rms regardless of max wattage (i searched from 200 to 2000w and looked at the RMS for every listing i could find)

ill find out someone told me to turn the gain up if it sounds like s--- then its s---, worse case ill just tell them i dont want it to return it or something ill prob just get my money back ill tell them its not as discribed and that the quallity sucks its not pushing out what the listing said blah blah blah just make it sound stupid people just be like f--- it it let you keep it. its happen to me more then enough times i just hope i can get it for free THIS time LOL
Emtase

Post by Emtase »

jbud1291 wrote:Lol you thinking much too hard about this...you do not need an amp that will match the peak wattage of all 4 speakers....i am running a kenwood kdc-x595 headunit with polk audio car dvd players front and back and it is plenty loud...the only amp that the speakers are running off of is the one built into the headunit (puts out 52x4 i believe). i also have a 300w rockford fosgate sub mated to a 400w amp and that too hits hard much more than i need (i have the sub and bass turned since i dont want to sound like hood rat coming down the street). Audio components especially for cars is a matter of getting what you pay for. Buy cheap and its going to sound cheap. Like WagZE said, go on your local craigslist and look for quality stuff being sold for cheap if you dont have alot of money its the best way to go. Right now your thinking quantity over quality and like i said withcar audio that does not end with good results. But best of luck and i hope you get what your looking for
I have recently got new speakers from ebay site. They are not too expensive and audio quality is nice
wednesdayslatest

to back tracl to this i already got a setup i just want the alarm put in first before i test
Elli
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Elli »

Not to necropost... but you really had NO idea about matching wattages.
For your trivial information RMS stands for "Root Mean Squared". Now you know. Another word for RMS is "nominal".
How'd your system turn out?
92 MX-3 ZE "The draggin' wagon"
Colt cams and bolt-ons

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”